A question that doesn't let you sleep at night?

The question I ask to myself everyday is: Will I achieve all my goals?

I just go to bed thinking about the future and then... Damn, it's morning and I didn't sleep. #FML

Most Helpful Guy

• With dedication , YES

One of my dreams was to do my degree in Engineering at the best University in Africa since I am from Namibia. But anyways I did not do to good in Maths and Physics when I finished high school. So normally my dream would have been crushed but I refused to accept that. I spent a year doing a gap year and reapplied for admission but was denied for the second time. After that I got into a technical collage and did the first year of Mechanical Engineering and reapplied for the third time. At first I was rejected, but I managed to get distinctions in 5 of my 6 subjects after which I was accepted for admission. I am currently half way with my degree in Robotic Engineering and have not failed a single subject.

So the oral of the story is this, as long as you decide that you WILL achieve your achieve your goals and you are dedicated towards it, then nothing can stand in your way. It may take some time and it may not be the route you wanted to follow. But it is where you end up that counts and not the route you took to get there

Hope it helps =)

Most Helpful Girl

• There is a very small possibility that you will do EVERYTHING that you want in like as you can't have EVERYTHING but you need to start living in the present so that this doesn't happen. Yeah sure set goals and reminiscence about the past but ultimately you can't do anything if your stuck in the 'what if' stage eg. 'what if I don't archive my life goals?' Well my answer would be 'so be it I'll make the best of what I've got' :)

What Guys Said 27

• everytime i think about death and how time passes so quickly...

da fact one day i'm gonna leave anything behind really bothers me...

also da fact afterlife might not xist... everytime some person claims "we have only one life and there's no afterlife and shit like dat"... well it gets on ma nerves and i hate it if it might be true...

well at least if afterlife xist fine... maybe i could have a better life when i die... and born in a better year as well than now...

• "Will Amy really be a guru until December 31st?"
    "what does that mean for me if she really pulls it off and proved me wrong?"

yeah, most important questions ever! 😂

no seriously... if I lie in bed I either think back about the day, what I should have done differently, about university and my future or I have one of my bullshit anime fantasies :P

• where I would be in my life after five years from now? will I be satisfied with it or would I be someone I don't like? it drives me crazy some time

• Well, miss

That is also my question..."Will I figure it out?" that's my version of it, but it's basically the same thing. I'm living a happy life, but something is missing...

• Should masturbate now.. or early morning?

• I go to sleep thinking: did I do my homework? Then I say "fuck it" and fall asleep

• If I've wasted my time and will I reach all my goals by meeting my potential

• Will I ever Marry Jessica Alba?
    then I usually cry myself to sleep...

• Who's in bed next to me?

• you're 16, you have more than enough time to fail and repeat until you get it right.

• Will I forever be alone? That's one of the questions.

• I have a sound sleep.

• Is there ever going to be anyone meaningful that I would spend my time with
    that question always bothers me sometimes but oh well xD

• Why am I so old already!

• Will I be as good as my dad and reach where what most people think I should reach. (where I also want to be).

• I just play League of Legends until I'm exhausted. That way I don't have to think about anything before falling asleep.

• Mainly plots that I have for the next day, trying to work out everything.

• How the hell will a pay this dept in time

• will i have a girlfriend?

• It dosent keep me awake cause I won't stop till I do

• What are your goals?

• Am I a waste of space?

• Thanks for the kind words.

• Why can't I loose my virginity?
    What makes girls want to have sex?
    Do I need to have more than a nice body to get laid?

• You'll have time for that, no need to fuck now.

What if she gets pregnant? ... Damn, sounds like a nightmare to me

• Ask a girl out, then go to her place or yours, find a friend who can help you finding a place lol and that will happen. When you're horny is difficult to say no

• 1) How do I make her horny? and 2) Why do I have to ask her out? dating and sex are two completely different things

• Yeah I'm the same way I think too much. I'm 25 and am still very young relatively but have also been around a little bit. Thing is for me I stress about opportunities I've let go or let slip through my fingers and stress about continuing to do that. Whether it's a career opportunity or a girl or whatever. And it's not always anxiety... I wake up on the early early morning just cause I'm thinking to much and can't shut my brain off and sleep. Then I'm sleepy the next day. I didint have these issues when I was 16 but they started once I got into my 20s.

• When I'm 25 then my brain will explode haha

I hope you achieve all out goals!

• Oh dude, thinking about nothing is impossible to me

• Yeah same here...

• I lay in my bed thinking, "what the hell?", then I go to bed

• Am I going to wake up alive or dead? Because I think somebody try to hurt me.

• "Does free will exist?"
    "Is abortion ethical?"

Those are a couple that have taken up my nighttime in the last several weeks.

What Girls Said 19

• Probably anything involving my ex. As soon as I think of him and when he left me and the situation we were in I can't sleep.

• Oh baby, that fucker. I hate when partners make the other feel bad haha

• I know its non of my business but word of advice: Never put your happiness in someone else's hands.

Don't let anyone decide your happiness 😉

• @Sreemukh

Thank you :) Those are true words that we all need to keep in mind. I try to not let it get to me ^^

• I ususally read books/manga till I sleep so I would be thinking about that.

If I am not reading a book, I usually keep thinking of my mom. Because of that, sometimes I get bad nightmares about her.

Sometimes I think of my exam/lab the next day, or if the decisions I made during the day were right, or whether I hurt someone.

• Usually it's "Should I get food to stop my hunger pains or just sleep it off?" or I'm thinking about the beers in my fridge and whether or not I want a jagerbomb atm.

• oh man, the first question!

when I'm too tired I just sleep and forget my hunger

• "Excuse me, 911, yeah I have an emergency. Can you order me a large pizza and then come feed me? Kthxbi." Tax dollars put to werk.

• That would be the greatest thing in the universe XD

a pizza arriving in 5 minutes and being feed XD

• i sleep good.. no question bothers me.. some other stuff does but questions are rare

• I get too tired to think about serious questions during weekdays but during weekends I think about future and what would it bring to me. It worries me and I get desperate for mondays to arrive.

• no... usually i fall asleep after thinking for 5 min.. lol my brain finds thinking tiring :P

• "what's ahead of me and expected of me tomorrow?" is deff a well stayed up worrying night sleep for me

• "Has he forgotten about me?"
    Referring to my long distance boyfriend who hasn't talked to me in a long long long time

• Will my life always suck this much

• Am I ever going to find a life partner that will not screw me over?

What if the treatment doesn't work?

• "Does he really love me? Am I going to live life without him in it? Is he still up? I wonder what he's doing right now if he is... Will anyone 'like' my fb posts when I wake up? I wonder who answered my question on GaG?"

• Is there a point to anything? It seems as though nothing has any sort of purpose.

• If I know that I will die tomorrow

• "What is going to happen with my career?" That's been keeping me up and stressed lately.

• "Does he hate me or not?" It keeps me up for hours, then I often side track to things related to the question and that's why I'm always awkward around him, all because I stay up thinking about EVERYTHING...

• "Does he have a girlfriend... what if he does? And it gets awkward... SHIT SHIT SHIT"

• "Am I gonna wake up tomorrow?"

Ugh, I don't know why it comes back every night.

• Would you lick a dog butt or a guy's butt?

• "Why won't he text me back? Is he still looking for other girls on Tinder? Why do I like him so much?"