What languages do you speak in everyday?

I just realised today that I speak in 4 languages. In Thai course, I am occupied with Thai. With friends and at work, English. At home with my family, my native language. With @genericname85 on Facebook, German. I truly wonder why my brain hasn't gotten a short circuit and shut down lol the brain is truly a wonder.

Most Helpful Guy

• at home luxembourgish
    at the university and with most of my friends German, because I study in Germany (I commute)
    there are a lot of french speaking people in my country so I have sometimes to speak french too if I go shopping, in restaurants, etc.

• Where and what do you study?

• because where I live and study/work is personal information which I don't just like posting publicly on the internet for everyone to see or sharing it with random people I've never spoken to before ;)
      if you really wanna know you can find it out by yourself, you have enough information :p

and yes, Informatik

• Lol my geography is not good and i'm too lazy to Google XD

I personally don't mind saying that lived and worked and studied in Köln. Even if I were still there, no one could find me amongst the one. Million people. And no one definitely can find me in Bangkok, where i now live lol...

But i understand and respect your point of view. Maybe because you have your profile picture up (is it really you?) so people can actually find you? I would rather give out my location rather than put up my face for the whole world wife web to see XP

Most Helpful Girl

• I speak kaputt Deutsch like "Magst du Scheiße?" stuff in Deutsch Kurs, Hindi with fellow Indians, Urdu with fellow Pakistanis, Gujarati with my family members and friends from native place, English with international people and people from South India. 5 languages in total.
    In fact if you speak more languages, there are less chances of your brain going "kaputt gegangen". It makes your brain struggle with different worlds offered by different languages. So be sure you won't be getting any Neurodegenerative diseases soon.

What Guys Said 23

• just one (english) then... i happen to know some french and german words here and there but nothing more...

although i wish i could speak japanese, russian and Spanish for various reasons... it takes lots of time to learn another language from the scratch though... :/

• Arabic, English, French, and I understand Spanish quite well. Yet from all, I only use English and arabic more often.

• At home Spanish
    School English
    Online sarcasm and bshit

• Most of the time german but I speak/ write in English often enough.

Du kannst also Deutsch?😄 wie kommts? Warum hast du deutsch gelernt?

• Jo :) hab ziemlich lange in Deutschland gelebt :)

• Ich hab mal bei merzenich gearbeitet in der Innenstadt und muss sagen, es hat auch oft Spaß gemacht wenns mehr los ist. Also ruhig ist nicht immer gut wenn man im Verkauf arbeitet XD obwohl total ätzende Kunden und Tourismus gabs genug.

• Haha.. wo du recht hast..

• Aside from my mothertongue, English, Russian and occasional French, due to work. Very seldom I can speak Italian here and so far only twice have actually had a need to speak Japanese. I can speak all of these languages fluently, but for geographical reasons have to skip out on two on a regular basis.

• Get your self some online "penpals" to talk regularly to, so you don't forget anything cause that would be too Bad.

• I can speak Dutch, English, French and German, and the first 3 I use almost daily.
    German is more from time to time :D

• With my friends... English
    With my family... French.

• I use Latvian for day to day, English for online and Russian for swearing.

• Croatian and English. I can also speak Serbian, Bosnian, Montenegrin and a bit of Latin.

• With my friends online =English,
    During texting hinglish (it's rare language only people who can speak Hindi and English can create)
    At home + in reality = hindi
    And I can understand Dutch words, hard to speak it I mess up there.

• I speak English and Japanese every day. English is my native language, and I'm taking a Japanese course at my college. I also speak a bit of Spanish but never really use it.

• I only know some Spanish. I'll think of a handful of Spanish words each day.

• English is my only spoken language.

• English to my family and and people I know.
    Arabic, Urdu, Bangla to My friends that speak those languages.

but I have no one to speak Malay or Japanese to...

• I speak malay ;) you can pm me if you want to practice :)

• Haha that's so cool! Sure thanks for the offer!
      I'll follow you so I don't forget :D

• lol more like denglish at times :P

• About 4.
    Different versions of British,
    Bollocks,
    Bull shit,
    Cheese.

• English.. Urdu.. Punjabi nd Hindi nd Arabic rarely too.. I speak 5!

• I speak Arabic

• Just English, although I speak many more languages.

• Oh actually, sorry, I left out French :P So I speak French and English on a day to day basis, but then I do speak other languages too but don't speak them daily.

• Macedonian, Turkish and English

• English and Urdu at home but mostly English outside.

• Hindi with locals... English with foreigners and some friends

• English only

What Girls Said 16

• I'm a French native, so of course I speak French fluently. The French education system makes you learn up to 2 supplementary languages in school, so I took Spanish and speak it almost fluently. I'm studying and living in the US, so I use English everyday. I have family in Spain, Portugal and Italy (I know, my family's freakin' spreaded) where I spent almost every holidays so I can casually chat in all 3 languages. I volunteered in a South Korean elementary school to teach English for 6 months, so I speak basic Korean. I'm currently learning Chinese, but I'm struggling..!
    Yep, no lying: 7 languages. I mix'em almost all the time!
    Oh! And sarcasm, too! Very important! ;)

• Just English with my friends and Swedish with the fam and little bit of Chinese with the taxi drivers :)

• Wow 😳
    Three.
    I speak German with my sisters/friends, Arabic with relatives and parents and English on GAG or with internet friends.

• Afrikaans and English.

• At home Luxembourgish/German with my mom, English when my dad is home - when shopping or going to restaurants often French and when I Skype my friends from Japan, Japanese 😛

• I usually mainly speak Arabic and French, but I also add some English words now and then when I forget how to say something in Arabic or French.

• Mostly Georgian 🐸 but English when I am on sexual media

• two or three, depending on my courses

• Mostly English mixed with Bangla and some others.

• I speak English/Spanish at home and at work!! And every were I go haha

• English and japanese

• I only speak English

• German, English and sometimes Danish.

• With friends English and family Spanish mostly bilingual

• English and Spanish :)

• Turkish in turkey