Would you plan the month your kid/s will be born?

Would you try to get pregnant during a certain month so that your kid gets born in a specific month, or would you just simply don't care?

Maybe you want your kid to be born in May, so you try to get pregnant during August, for example. Obviously the problem with this is that maybe you don't get pregnant during that month therefore would have to wait one whole year to try again.

Most Helpful Girl

• No, I have a hard enough time having a regular period that I think I would be blessed to even get pregnant. For me, I think it would be impossible to plan the month as I am probably going to have a hard time getting pregnant when I decide it's time.

Most Helpful Guy

• Despite all the pregnancy scares you hear about, people getting pregnant on purpose can actually be troublesome for a lot of couples. They don't really plan it once they are ready to have a kid they basically are just humping constantly for months until they finally get pregnant.

What Girls Said 42

• Never really thought about it. I don't think I'd have a preference. I think any month can be a cool month for a birthday. Whatever's meant to be will be. Even if I did have a preference, I don't think I'd wait a whole year if the first try was a fail. I mean, there's never a guarantee that the next time will be a success... or the one after that... How many years can you try? Just missing out on the time you could've already be spending with your baby.

However, if I planned to have more than 1 kid, I'd try to make it so that their birthdays aren't too close. One of my little cousins has a birthday on April 6th and her sister has it on April 8th, they always end up celebrating together, they don't like it, basically it robs the kid of his/her special day because gotta share it with someone else. This one's probably not that hard to achieve.

Also, I'd love my child to be born in the year of the Dragon because I love dragons and I just think it'd be pretty awesome. 🐉 Next one will be the year 2024, so I might try to have a baby then. 😛

• I would to an extent! I don't care when my children's birthdays will be, but I care at what times of the year I will be pregnant, haha. For example, I don't want to be fighting morning sickness during Thanksgiving. And I don't want to be in my 9th month, sweating like a pig in the heat of summer.

• If I for some reason wanted to get pregnant, I'd try to not time it around any major holidays (especially Christmas). One of my friends is born on the 23rd of December and absolutely hates it. Everyone is so stressed out and hooked on Christmas, that she ends up feeling a bit forgotten and left out. She also doesn't get as many presents as she would of course. This is not a big issue anymore since we're already old, but of course she felt cheated when she was a kid. I just think that that's sad.

• I agree, I wouldn't want to have a kid during Christmas for the same reason.

• That's what happened to my niece. She's born on the 21st. However, my sister frequently just moved the day upon which we celebrated her birthday.

• Wow, that's something I never ever thought about lol. Well, as a child, I always wished I was the youngest kid in the class... usually that was anyone who was born closest to the cutoff date for starting kindergarten which was you had to be 5 years old by December 31st or so. I have a January birthday, so I was always the oldest. So I guess my child self would say... have the kid be born September-December.

• I was always one of the youngest in my class, sometimes I was the youngest. My bday is November 28th, and I always wished I could have been one of the oldest hahaha

• You felt like the grandma, I felt like the grandson xD
      June is the best month, neither young nor old, just in the middle haha

• lol at elementary school problems. Actually, I otherwise love having a January birthday. January 8th, right after New Years and Christmas, same day as Elvis Presley and Stephen Hawking, and day before AJ from The Backstreet Boys. :) I'm basically a national holiday.

• I have toyed with the idea, but no, I think I wouldn't want to plan my pregnancy. I hope to accidentally get pregnant some day, with the man I love.

How can you decide a certain month is better than another. That puts too much pressure on the whole thing!

• Eh.. I want to have my next baby in October and I'll probably try at some point but it's not that big of a deal to me. My reasons for October are sorta stupid anyway.

• That was the original plan. We wanted a baby in February... Bit things don't always go the way u plan... So its best to just go with the flow :)

• Plans wouldn't work out, you'd never know how long the baby will be there before it pops out lol. I was two weeks late, and a friend of mine was two months earlier.. :x

But if I could, I'd avoid Christmas season, and October to mid November seems to be nice to me. I'd make sure both kids' birthdays wouldn't be too close, some even ended up celebrating it together which kinda sucks.

• Hmm... Maybe I would if I ever have one although I doubt but if I did he would be born either in July or nob like my dad.

• If it were possible sure why not, I think a lot of people do this however a lot of people who do have trouble getting pregnant.. the months simply doesn't matter, and other couples just say "when it happens it happens".

• I don't think I'd have a huge preference. It'd be great if he/she wasn't born near holidays, but I wouldn't plan to get pregnant to miss those dates.

• Yeah, holidays isn't the best time for the kid to be born, it doesn't seem special.

• 😭😭😭😭Whatever will I do?

I'll take you down that's what😈

• @BelleGirl21 Ale has a point, but that doesn't mean that you're not just as awesome. :)

• No. I would be too busy worrying about other things like - when is my body the healthiest? How does this pregnancy work with my work schedule? What month will make pregnancy the easiest or hardest?

• That seems like a really big hassle...
    Though it's true, some parents I know preferred their child to be born near the end of a particular year, so that they would graduate and stuff "earlier..." It never really made sense to me.
    That child ^ was born by c-section December 31

• December 31st? When you're over 21 your bdays would be awesome! Haha

• ohh happy early birthday then! I'll try to wish you one on the actual day...
      haha i technically have a year and a half, and neither do i follow it xP

• Hahaha thanks. I didn't follow it when I was your age either, plus, when I go to Spain I get blasted cause there it's 18 and you can even drink in the streets.

• I timed the birth of my son. I gave it a bigger window than one month. I chose 3 months that I felt were ideal for conception. But if you are really ready for children, it does not matter when you conceive.

• If I wanted kids I would plan to not be heavily pregnant during the summer but otherwise I wouldn't care.

• never thought about this.. hmm.. no.. i will not plan it.. i don't care when when the baby sperm reaches the egg.. it all depends on him.. haha.

• No, I wouldn't. I don't really see the point in that.

• Not a specific month, but I'd like my kids to have their birthday during the warmer months. I once read summer born kids tend to be happier kids than winter born kids. Not sure how reliable the source is.. but I can imagine that the summer birthday parties are probably more fun than the ones held in winter.

• Plan away suckers... plans don't often work out. My son was born 3 weeks early, you never know how long it will take to concieve. Seriously you can try a little but don't get your hopes up too high.

• I'm not planning on a certain month, they'll come when they wanna come.

• plans usually don't work out

i was supposed to be born a month earlier than i actually was
    my parents wanted another pregnancy at least year after my birth but my mom became pregnant only a few months later
    my brother was unexpected

if anything, i wouldn't have them born during the major holiday, but nothing is guaranteed

• It's not really important to me. My sister had both of my nephews in January, a few days apart. She's pregnant again and due the end of December. They don't plan it, it just always works out that way.

• damn tbh i've never really thought about that... but tbh i don't know :/

• Yea, I heard it's more convinient if the baby is born during warmer months.

If that wasn't the case, then I would prefer October/November.

• November, like me! :) My bday is right during Thanksgiving time, so hopefully now that I'm in America, my future girlfriend and friends don't forget about it xD

• Uhmmm, well I thought about getting pregnant in September and give birth in May. That way I won't be pregnant during the hot summer months haha!
    But if it didn't work then I wouldn't wait for another year :)

• Nah I would want it to happen spontaneously, no planning

• It would be fun if they were born on Valentine's day like me or April Fool's. Mwhaha.

• Sure, they'll be born in the month of Never in the year of Fuck That.

• I think it'll just come naturally, but I would like to avoid December time for their sake of sharing their Christmas presents and b'day presents ahaha

• I am planning that I want my children all to be born in Feburary because being born early has a lot of benefits.

• i've played with the idea

i love February

• More from Girls
    12

What Guys Said 15

• No, but if I did, I think I'd want them born in the summer. It's pretty nice not having to go to school during my birthday.

• I always thought that I'd want mine to be born in summer do that their birthdays would be more fun to celebrate.

• Nah, but I like looking around at all the summer birthdays and thinking that they were conceived during "cuddling season" when the temperatures and the inhibition both drop lol I think I'm a cuddling season baby too (May) but I rather be a cuddling season baby than a "Netflix and chill" baby

• My own birthday (the actual date, but not the month) was planned. I was a C-section. I was born on my grandparents' golden wedding anniversary. My mother thought it would be a nice gift for them. I sure fooled her.

• If I could, I'd point my gun at 25th of December... Christmas kids are rare but it means something :D

• No! Don't do it! I was born on the 24th and it sucks!

• Your birthday gets deprioritized for other events. It has nothing to do with gifts (although it sucks getting happy birthday/merry Christmas/happy new year birthday cards!). I can't tell you how many birthdays have passed in which my immediate family was so caught up in Christmas that they forgot to even say Happy Birthday.

My family always tried to plan birthday parties earlier in the month, but all of December seems to be dedicated to Christmas parties. It's harder as a young child, not understanding why your friends can't make it to your birthday party.

• @Sweetie1984 yeah probably the best improvised solution is indeed to make it a habit than to have the birthday party either after the Christmas holidays or a week or two before...

• Probably not if anything it will be similar to how I was conceived, in the moment lol.

• Unfortunately it's the baby who plans when to get out. Think about it it, it's like trying to plan when you should have a diarrhea strike, you can't all you know it's that it's coming and that you are screwed if you don't find the appropriate place to set it free.

• thats crazy, when it happens it will happen :)

• Hopefully after the holidays

• No, if I'm gonna have a kid then whenever that is I'm good with it.

• Why? What would be the point?

• no, I want it to be spontaneous, I don't even want to know the sex before they are born

• I heard winter-born kids are the smartest, but it will not be an issue LOL.

• No. Why? Does it matter?

• Some people have certain preference for certain months. Others like to avoid months like December because of Christmas.

• I've known people to aim for a season.

Given month? Odds of getting pregnant in any given month are actually not that high. It usually takes a few months to get pregnant when actively trying.