Gave my number out to a guy online and regret it?

So I was talking this guy on tinychat for a few hours and stupidly I gave him my number. Texting and calling him made me really uncomfortable and something just didn't sit right with me, so now I really regret it. I want to ignore his texts but I feel like thats rude and he could possibly track me down if he really wanted to. I dont want to change my number because all of my other contacts wouldneed to know and thats a pain, and i dont want to block him. Maybe im thinking too much into this, but what can I do? Should i just ignore him and hope he forgets?

Most Helpful Guy

• Ignoring him will be a sudden change that he will not understand and he will become more interested in communicating. Just tell him the truth, that you are not feeling that comfortable and are going to end talking with him. If he does not accept that, then you can block him.

Most Helpful Girl

• what makes you uncomfortable? you don't like him so you don't wanna talk to him anymore at all, or you're afraid that your relationship with him is going to be more than just friends? You should find out what's the reason behind your "uncomfortable" and tell him that instead of sudden disappear

What Guys Said 2

• I vote for ignoring him and hoping he forgets. If he threatens you in a text, make sure you let the authorities know. Don't feel too bad, we all make these kinds of mistakes and we learn from them.

• Tell you're no longer interested, then ignore him. I would consider changing your number should things get outta hand. In hindsight, you should've given him a google voice number. That way you both win.

What Girls Said 2

• Tell him you don't want to talk and why. If he still talks to you, Block his number.

• I had this happen once. I just told him that I no longer wanted to talk to him because I recently became more skeptical of people on the internet due to a bad experience where a guy was being aggressive and sending me threatening text. He said he understood and I havnt heard from him since. Or you can just block him.