What's the best decision you ever made?

In your whole lifetime.

Most Helpful Guy

• To say yes to the girl who later became my wife (and still is)
    That was Fall 1967.

• I had invited her to a show, had behsved correctly and a month later she asked me if I wanted to be her travel companion to Paris, to live Christmas and New Year there. I knew Paris as well as Brussels and wasn't broke as usual. I booked two rooms and train tickets.
      We started dating when we came back home.

• Aww thats heartwarming ☺️

Most Helpful Girl

• Getting my dog, she's the best thing to ever come into my life :D

• @Dave20152 Even after she's died she will still be the best decision i ever made, death doesn't change that...

• Thanks for MH :)

What Guys Said 36

• Having the courage to ask my (still-) girlfriend for her number and later for a date. She's the only girl in my whole life that I've ever asked for her phone number. I was always too shy and maybe a bit too fatalistic (I thought they'd say no anyway). But when I met my girlfriend for the very first time, I just knew this was something very, very special. I had never seen such a beautiful and sweet girl before and there was this almost eerie voice in my head screaming "if you don't ask this girl for her number right now, you'll regret it for the rest of your life". Had I not asked her, we would have probably never seen again. It was also hard for me because I had been single for 5 years already and lost all my confidence with girls and flirting and all stuff. But when we said bye and she already wanted to walk away, I kicked myself in the ass and shyly asked "uhm... sorry, would it perhaps be okay to have your phone number?"
    This was the best decision I've ever made :-).
    We're still together and celebrating our 5th anniversary this November. She's not only my girlfriend but also my best friend and soulmate. We're like peas and carrots. And we're planning to get married and start a family in 3 years or so :-). She made me the happiest men on earth.

• I will have to say so far not changing my major; I had thoughts about changing to something else, but it's opened doors for me.

• Isn't it terrible nothing stands out, I can think of a lot of bad ones. Just because I am stuck for something to say I will pick joining GaG because it helped me to cope with a lot of stuff happening outside GaG by just being there.

• Hmm deciding to go back to college this year and take it seriously. I have a feeling it will change my life for the better once I graduate in my early 30s.

• Asking my wife to marry me.

Second place would be taking sailing lessons.

• Deciding to finish my degree at 30. I am SO glad that I cast aside any doubts and went for it.

• Going to business school

• Leaving a certain relationship.

• bought a mobile air conditioning device 8 years ago. makes me survive the summers since then, as itยดs not normal to have air conditioning in my usually relatively cold country.

• "Borrowing" my sister's guitar

• Believe it or not I was a dump kid from grade one till grade 7 , then I chosee to study and here I am enjoying physics and correcting my teachers , it all came from hard work 😛

• Is signing up for GaG and having a moment of ma life with ma baby @joahz10nt that will last forever in the treasure chest l ma heart ๐Ÿ’–

• I havn't made that decision quite yet.

• I don't think I've made many good decision, but one I'm lucky about is that I've stopped studying electrical engineering and switched to computer science... I wouldn't have been happy working in that job :(

• To be a follower of Jesus.

• Getting the FUCK out of Hawaii

• The day I decided to comment on @thegingersnap16 's myTake.

• Choosing to be who I want to be, rather than who everyone else tells me to be.

• I need to first make a single good decision before I can pick a best.

• To believe in God. Life is a lot better.

• I lost my virginity and had sex with prostitutes two months ago. Changed my life. I'm no longer afraid of girls.

• @MissNowhere I cherish all of your upvotes for my opinions. They make me really happy. <3 You're so generous. <3

• I bought my girlfriend a really sexy swimsuit, best money I have ever spent

• Signing up for GAG

Yeah, my life is sad

• trusting my ex wife

• Choosing to open up to my opposite-sex best friend. Best relationship ever. I wish we could go further on occasion, but 9 times /10 im just grateful to have her in my life.

• yeah I have a sad life

• Seriously? Getting my gym membership ad getting serious about my health

• Is to stand against my country's traditions

• hasn't happened yet, but going to my consultation for plastic surgery on my face

• maybe selling my xbox :P i actually do things now hahaha

• More from Guys
    6

What Girls Said 26

• No doubt whatever I say good 'ol Dave201 is gonna have his say on my life and call me out on my opinion on my life, even though he has no idea what people have been through. I mean, who knows, maybe that girl who became a Christian was raped and it helped her through? But no, comment away blindly with your opinion.

Honestly, I can't tell you THE best. A lot of decisions I've made have been a two edged sword.

Being with my boyfriend is probably the best. He helped me through a dark place and he helped me learn to love again. We are two peas in a pod and I'm totally comfortable with him.

• Hands down, going away to school (both times). I have never been so happy.

• I have noticed most people I knew who went away to school matured faster than those who commuted.

• @Bluemax i have noticed the same thing. Moving away forces you to be a grown up. If you don't do your own laundry, then you won't have any clean clothes. Very simple.

• hmmm SKIP CLASS!

• Moving to tulum with my mom was the best I've made.

before that, I used to hate her, my father always talked shit about her. Now I love her and she showed me how much she loves me too.

• Getting out of my fucking home country. Good riddance. And if I could change my nationality too, that would be grrrreat!

• To love and accept who I am physically and mentally.

• To leave an ex or two.

• eish

best decision ever?

xD

eish wow this is difficult

to decide to work my butt off since a very young age

I am ashamed to say that now I haven't been doing the same. I should try harder

• What's stopping you then?

• Just have been through a lot in terms of confidence when it comes to my studies. Some anxiety and depression issues. I am over it now, but I am not the same person I used to be. At least not when it comes to studies.

• Deciding to unfriendzone my now boyfriend

• Not gonna be a popular answer on here, but becoming a christian for sure. No other decision in the world can hold a candle to it in my mind

• Giving that guy a chance who looked like he could get any woman he wanted. I found out later that I wasn't the only person who had that impression of him lol

• The best decision I ever made in life was when I was in 3rd standard of school and started reading fairy tales. Since then I haven't stopped reading :D

• i moved.. And met my dream guy.

• moving to japan

• Saying yes to when my boyfriend asked me to be with him... we arw now engaged and have been together for almost 2 years now

• At 16? Why? Why do women want to get engaged so early

• @Dave20152 He hasn't actually got he ring yet and he hasn't actually asked on his knee.. we have a long distance relationship but we are planning to when we live togther. We have been together for 1 year and 10 months and a few days now but he hasn't actually proposed thw way you suppose to do it but he has asked many times on Skype and when wr met but is looking for a ring so he can ask me in a proper way on that special day

• Moving away from my dad.

Pretty sure that's actually the only good decision I've made in my entire life. lol

• Leaving my ex he made me hate my self and was showing signs of being mentally abusive its the best thing I have done

• Studying in USA for a year. I wish i could prolong the time tough.

• The best decision I ever made in my whole lifetime was to answer this question.

• To listen to & follow my own first instinct/s :)

• doing summer abroad

• Going into work straight after school, no college? no problem, apprenticeships are the way forward

• best decision i ever made was getting into anime / manga and games

• Mary my husband.

• nothing yet.

• I decided to recover from my eating disorder

Worst one was losing him

• What happened?

• Lost the guy i loved. He doesn't adore me like he used too and its mainly because i moved states. Also i never pursued him when i had the chance