Would you make a 'fair decision' if you were a judge and your son committed a murder?

Or would you try to 'save' him?

Most Helpful Guy

Most Helpful Girl

• If that were the case I would probably be harder on my kid than if it was a random criminal. I (hopefully) will raise my children to be good, upstanding citizens who try and make the world better. If they end up being criminals I wouldn't give them any special treatment. A normal judge would probably do a lighter sentence but I would make SURE that my kids learn their lesson. That being said after they served their time I would forgive and forget provided they change their behavior.

What Guys Said 11

• In America, I would have to recuse myself since the defendant is my son. I would end up working with the defense lawyer.

• Firstly, I would disown a son who committed murder.

Next, I would definitely make the fairest possible decision.

• it doesn't matter what I would do because I would never be allowed to be the judge in a case involved with a family member of me ;)

and even if that would not be the case and I'd have to do it... it would entirely depend on what happened. if he murdered the murder of his kids.. I'd try to get a good deal for him. nothing completely unfair, it's still murder, but I'd try to get the best thing possible out for him.
    if it's murder of base motives... then he should get a fair process and think in jail about what he has done..

• Both the QC ( DA ) and the defense lawyer could file a motion to reject me as a judge in this case. Any 'normal' judge would have handed over the case to another judge.

• I'd definitely save my son because I'm a family guy and I don't think any parent could actually just not at least try to save their son.. I would do whatever it takes because last night my father was there for me so I know what it's going to be like when I'm a father and if my son is in some kind of trouble be it big or small.

• Hahaha have you read qurtaba ka qazi 😂

• Hahaha I hope there's no zubair in your life 😂😂

• Babyyyyy*😂

• Judges are hardly fair. Men and blacks get longer sentences and innocent people get punished all the time.

• He's going to jail for life but I wouldn't disown him. His failing would be mine in some way and disowning him would just be an easy way to elevate myself from admitting my mistakes.

• There's no way I'm going to be a judge 😂
    But if I'll then I would understand whole scenario then make the best decision...
    Now give my heart back 😠?

• I would make a fair decision. And order him hanged if the evidence is concrete.

• Even if that were legal… yeah, I would let his ass fry in prison.

• As a judge, I would have to remove myself from a case involving my son. It's a conflict of interest. That aside, I would want any family member to take full responsibility for his/her actions.

What Girls Said 5

• i am all for justice.. like too much. i would make a fair decision.. and i would turn the case to some other court..

• I don't think there's a country where you CAN judge your family - or anyone you're in contact with. But then they would try to influence the judge presiding > so... probably make the sentence a bit less harsh.
    I'd go for a fair trial. But if wrongly accused do everything in my power to rectify the situation.

• It depends on why he did it.

• As soom as I see him I would give the case to another judge because the judge can't take cases of their family or friends because there's a good chance the verdict will be unjust.

• I hate injustices , but In all honesty, i'd try to save my son. My love for my son would be stronger than my sense of Justice. All my feelings, and emotions would be towards my son , so i would definitely not be viewed as an impartial judge. I would find it difficult to separate my emotional attachment to my son.