When you put in your earphones, can you still hear what someone says?

Like y'know.. for me, it's basically earphones in = world out. I immediately shut the whole world out. For some reasons tho, people like to assume that I can hear them when my earphones are in, and get mad when I don't answer them lol.

Most Helpful Guy

Most Helpful Girl

• mostly no.. i tune them out.. hahaha.. they can scream all they want and i will not hear a thing..

• I have no idea why I give mho to the girls 😣

• Why I can't give** ugh wtf
      Lol GAG didn't allowed me to give mho to the girls on my questions just now so I kinda got mad at it 🙈

• Haha.. alright.. it might be some glitch..

What Guys Said 4

• Depends on the quality of the headphones.

I'm using an Audio Technica ATH-M50x and it has noise cancellation, so I don't hear much from the outside world.

http://i.ytimg.com/vi/PlNQbAhqwYs/hqdefault.jpg

ecx.images-amazon.com/.../815OQlSZfkL._SL1500_.jpg

• nope, I have not the best ears and if I use earphones I don't ear anything anymore. it's the type of earphones which completely isolate any other sound from the outside...

but I have big headphones which let you easily hear everything (Audio Technica ATH-AD700D)

• Sennheisers. They shut the world around me out. I can't hear you even if you stood in front of me saying something.

• I know exactly what you mean here, if I'm waiting for a bus I like to be to myself, I put headphones in but people continue to talk to me and you got to take them out and put them in all the time it's really annoying

What Girls Said 6

• Nope and that's the whole point tbh, haha. I like zoning out and being in my own world of chill vibes and relaxing music. Especially when I want some me time. People sometimes get mad at me too, I should make a sign that says "I can't hear you" to save my breath lol.
    So I'm like you in that aspect.

• ahah ikrr!! Like seriously tho, I need a sign that states "don't disturb"

• Sometimes I can, sometimes I can't..
    It depends on my mood..
    When my mood is good, I put the volume not too loud so I still can hear when someone call my name..
    But, when my mood is REAAALLY BAD and I need music to release my stress then I will shut the whole world out..

I've been told that it would affect your hearing if you put the volume too loud 'til you can't hear the world outside..

• I can still hear people. I usually only put one ear bud in and leave the other one out for that reason. I love my music, but I like being able to hear the outside world, so to speak, as well... just in case. :P

• lol I still can hear people. Although everyone is different

Also, you should consider that maybe you are putting the volume too loud?

• My earphones has noise cancellation, so when I put em in, even without any music I can't hear much of the outside world. And I like to blast my music..

• I see

So that's why :D

• No! That s why I put them in the first place

• No, I put mine on full blast haha.