When did "curvy " turn from this to this?

Tyra banks, I thought this was curvy for all my life.
when did

I don't ever remember women to be this "curvy" 5 years ago. I really don't understand why this new shape of women is becoming more common.

I've never been with a really curvy girl.
I'm uneducated to how her hips get that wide. is it bone structure or body fat? or a combo of both?

also for curvy women with big hips and buttocks. When you gain weight does , most of it go to your legs and hips, like how when men gain weight it goes to their belly?

Most Helpful Girl

• Gotta say they are all beautiful. Tyra got a boob job so is not considered curvy. Curvy women are all natural boobs and bum. Women come in many shapes some narrow hips some wide. Haven't you heard the term good child bearing hips. In that plenty of room to carry child and then hold a child on the hip :)

• yeah I've heard of that, and it makes sense. But the worlds biggest population China and India don't have big hips :).

Oh I was talking about Tyras hips and thighs as being curvy. Does her hips and thighs count as curvy now days in that pic?

• She is very straight along her waistline. So she has a boy shape. That saying is just a saying as far as I know. Possibly women with wider hips have easier pregnancy and labour than others and that's how it came about. Also ladies with hips have always appealed to men over many generations it's not just a sudden fashion fad. All shapes are beautiful in my eyes. But I'm curvy slim waist big hips boobs and bum toned legs and arms. Not perfect im quite short. Every has their own idea of curvy but really it's ladies that have the hour glass figure

Most Helpful Guy

What Girls Said 6

• Okay, but Tyra Banks does not look curvy in that photo, she just goes straight down :P With those women, you can at least see a curve where they have a waist, even if that waist is probably too big. I have pretty huge hips and that's bone structure rather than weight (though obviously I'm not exactly stick thin either), so it depends on the woman herself, but it's probably a combination of both.

• it can be bones structure AND fat... and it can be implants too

• This only exists on the Internet (the whole fat is curvy). In real life, things are quite different.

• i think it's body fat

• I think fat girls have made some sort of fashion revolution and imposed themselves as "the curvy" :P

• It could be bone structure and some body fat, yes. Some people even get plastic surgery done. There are many different types of shapes in the world, but I don't argue with people if they want to call themselves curvy (or not). The human form, male and female, is interesting and beautiful.

What Guys Said 3

• All the women pictured are beautiful, the third one tho is stunning.

Tyra has never been curvy, just slightly fuller than your average tape measure width cat walk model.

The shape you're talking about is definitely become more socially accepted. I think you can thank the tireless work of feminists for that. As something becomes socially accepted it is pushed to the general public as a normality. Hence curvy women modelling, on tv, agendas pushed to the media, more clothes and fashion marketed towards curvy women, more women becoming more comfortable being curvy and expressing that comfortability..

Brothers have always seen the potential in thick (curvy) women for MANY MANY MANY years, y'all just catching up now ;-)

• I don't know, but I also don't know what I'd call curvy, exactly

But when I think of 'curvy' It's the two last people that'd come to mind though

• That's always been curvy to me and DAMN these pics!! That last one though <3