I'm depressed for the dumbest reason?

Ever since I was 10 I've always been depressed about my weight and being ugly. I've done all I can to lose weight and it seems like society makes it as if if your overweight you're less than a person and they give you stereotypes like
•diabetes
•eat a lot
•lazy
•uneducated on health issues
•unhealthy
and it bothers me so much because I have really good glucose, I only eat 1 time (if that) a day, I run or walk almost every day, and nothing is unhealthy about me other than the reason why I'm overweight (underactive thyroid). I just want to feel like I'm worth someone, which I haven't in a LONG time. I've been to therapy but it seemed like it only made it worse. I don't know what to do anymore. I just want to feel pretty and as if I actually have a purpose in life because right now I don't see anything

and when I say I'm depressed I don't mean like "oh shit im soooo sad" but like I've been diagnosed.

I DO keep my head up in public though becuase people love to see others at their worst time so I don't really show that side of me. My friends don't even know about my mental health (I've also been suicidal for this reason for about 3 years now) or I doubt they suppect it
I may have mentioned it once or twice but I'm gonna say it again.

I AM HEALTHY NO BP ISSUE NO GLUCOSE ISSUE OR ANYTHING OTHER THAN MY UNDERACTIVE GLAND

Most Helpful Guy

• Losing weight has nothing to do with how many times a day you eat, its about calory intake vs how much calories you burn. If you eat 1500 calories a day, and burn 2000 you will slowly start losing weight no matter what. And an underactive thyroid can only attribute to 5-10 lbs of weight gain, so if you are more overweight than that then its not just your thyroid.

• I've been to endocrinologist and thats all that they found, and even before when I was eating 3 healthy meals a day I gained even more. It may be something else other than my thyroid but its nothing else I can do at this point

• @Glue-Sniffer So I have to publish a scientific article to be fit to comment on this, but you can say whatever stupid shit you want because you have it? You can tell yourself all the excuses you want, but it really just about energy budgets. Weight loss isn't magic.

• I am talking from personal experience. Your information though is lacking.
      Please refrain from insults. I don't understand why you think you have the right to insult people just because you don't agree with them?
      Let me break it down so even you can understand this. The calories we burn are the results of two things. A) our organs needing energy to function b) our muscles needing energy to move. Most of the energy is burned for our organs like heart and lung and also to maintain our core body temperature.
      A person whose boy is not able to produce enough thyroid hormones doesn't burn as much calories for the organs functioning. Thus the organs start to get slower. Even brain function gets slower. At this point you'd need to eat so little that you wouldn't get enough vitamins and minerals. Your slow metabolism also makes you constantly tired no matter how much you sleep.

Most Helpful Girl

• I was overweight when I was in 6th grade too but after some years I lost weight. When I was thinner I got more attention from guys but it didn't change me as a person. I am still very insecure and a little bit shy, but people treat me the same. So if you want to feel as if you have a purpose in life then you should concentrate on other things, like school for example. Being thing has of course more advantages than being overweight and it it healtier, but it won't define you as a person.

What Guys Said 3

• Then you must focus on your education and career. That'll make you feel better.

• While obviously overweight isn't too great and something you should work on to have a decent bodyweight (not super thin, but healthy and fit) - the reason you are depressed probably is less about your overweight and rather due to a lack of self-acceptance and self-love.

• that's my point, I've been working on it simce at a young age but because of the gland disorder my body stores fat rather than losing it no matger how hard you try

• Get liposuction then.

What Girls Said 2

• I am suffering from hyperthyroidism as well and losing weight is really a struggle. Make sure to take your thyroid hormones every day.
    Being depressed is also one of the symptoms. It's hard I know, I have been through ups and downs myself. I have days when I avoid mirrors because I feel bad But who cares what others think? You know you have a healthy lifestye!
    You are a pretty girl. Don't let anyone tell you otherwise. Just stay active and don't listen to halfwits who think every person who has weight issues is lazy.

• Confidence is the key to making friends. It is more important than being hot. Work hard, get a good career, rake in the dollars and nobody will care what you look like.