How much money saved up before moving out?

How much did you save up before moving out?
how much was your rent & bills?
how much did you make a month?

Most Helpful Guy

• I had probably $3000 in the bank when I got my first apartment. Was making about $800 per month teaching part time as a grad student. My only bills were for phone and power; I didn't have a car, because I couldn't afford one. Rent was $350 for an efficiency apartment in a good part of town. I was able to save money because I lived cheap, my girlfriend and I did cheap stuff for fun, I went without things like in-home cable TV and internet, renter's insurance, etc. Medical insurance was being covered by my mom, so that was an advantage.

I don't look back on that time as one of sacrifice--not at all. It was a blast, some of the happiest years of my life.

Most Helpful Girl

• Hmm basically budget like this, save as much as you would if you were to live for about 6 months without a job! x

What Guys Said 1

• I am also planning to move and I am working on it right now.

What Girls Said 1

• As much as possible would be a good advice, you don't know how much u need until u have nothing.