Are humans edible? Are there any side effects of eating another person? What do humans taste like?

Would you eat another human?

• Yes
  • No
  • Already did
  • Maybe just a bite
  • Yes, but only if I had no other option

Most Helpful Girl

Most Helpful Guy

• They taste like spam, apparently (or perhaps apocryphally) -
    "... the former cannibals of Oceania now feast on Spam because Spam came the nearest to approximating the porky taste of human flesh - or `Long pig' as they called a cooked human being in much of Melanesia. It was a fact that the people-eaters of the Pacific had all evolved, or perhaps degenerated, into Spam-eaters. And in the absence of Spam they settled for corned beef, which also had a corpsy flavor."

What Girls Said 9

• Humans are edible. In my psychology class we studied a disease called Kuru, found only in one group of people known for eating the brains of their dead relatives in a funeral ritual, and the effects of that basically simulated mad cow disease, suggesting that it can have side effects.

• yes but thats called cannibalism and is frowned upon in most societies
    http://cdn.meme.am/instances/500x/56787121.jpg

• Edible yeah, that's where cannibalism came from, duh ;) but their are side effects that can kill you if you eat a human brain it basically melts your own brain. Maybe thats where zombie's came from ahaha joking they came from the voodoo culture hahah XD

• Too much Walking Dead perhaps?

• Human flesh is purported to taste like white fish.

• Some places it's believed that eating human flesh will turn you into a skinwalker, so it's quite a risk to take.

• Or perhaps it's a wendigo, I really don't remember but either way it's bad.

• Excuse me but I'd rather not turn into a wendigo.

• Go see a doctor u r not normal

• Edible: yes.

Side effects: not that I know of, but it would probably be mentally damaging for most people.

Taste: don't know and don't want to

Would I eat another human being?
    No.

What Guys Said 11

• I mean I'm sure human meat is edible and it probably would taste good if you didn't know it was human. Side effects? I guess they would be mild insanity and cannibalism. These are people's loved ones so it would imply a complete lack of empathy if you can't imagine what it would be like for your loved ones to be seasoned, cooked, and eaten. If you would be okay with that I don't know what else to say.

• Yes.
    It's said that human taste like pork. Cannibalism aside. It seems that we have an ongoing trend of people cooking up placenta and serving it as some sort of newfangled delicacy.
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6ceBxQSRLrg
    www.modernreaders.com/.../photo-15.jpg

I don't feel compelled to try it and find it kinda... eccentric.
    http://i.imgur.com/oyjb1pd.gif

• Only that you're curious about that shows already that you're sick in your mind.

Im so creeped out about people like you.
    Go to a psychologist and tell him about it.
    Tell him that you're curious.
    He will DEFINETLY help you.

• Are we edible? We are made of meat. That's a yes.
    Side effects: Look into Kuru and CJD.
    Taste: Pork supposedly. I can deffinatly agree that human meat has a similar density and cuts like pork.

• I have heard somewhere that some canibals have admitted to humans tasting like chicken. But everything tastes like chicken so... yea

• Uhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh no!! lol

• Though we apparently taste like veil, you'll develop the shakes and become progressively sicker from eating human meat.

• Are you serious? Not in a million years.

• Not just edible, mwe are delicious, I'm told.

• kuru. and kreuzfeld jakob disease.

• Nope, Im a vegetarian.