Why are Halloween costumes so slutty?

Why are Halloween costumes for men perfectly normal while the womens' always seem too provocative? A modest nurse uniform or a police uniform for women are as hard to find as a needle in a haystack. Why is this? It seems like Halloween is the best day for insecure teenage girls to desperately fight for attention from men and become catty, or spiteful.

Most Helpful Guy

• I don't know it looks so horrible though. On the plus side it shows me which women I DONT want to date, the ones that dress like sluts on Halloween are clearly not people I want to be with. I dont walk around halfnaked, neither should my significant other.

• And most of these women not looking for one night stands cry the next day, complaining about how most guys are absolute jerks. They were asking for it. A guy would never fully respect a girl that could not respect her own body. She has been free to every single guy and used as a public toilet, then why does she think she deserves a rich, classy gentleman that would not objectify her and ask her for marriage after a few days without cheating on her?

• Exactly, it doesn't work like the movie "Trainwreck" where some used up slutty woman gets a handsome, successful, respectful and nice guy, that just doesn't happen. I have met plenty of young professionals who are successful, nice, respectful, good looking, and a host of other good qualities, and they seem to highly dislike slutty women. Most of them only date women who are like themselves, smart, respectful (of both her body, and him), good looking but still fairly innocent, and level headed. From the couple Halloween parties I have been to I know that almost all of the women there won't succeed in finding this dream guy, I can just tell by looking at them. If they market themselves as sluts then thats the type of men they will attract, slutty men (if thats even a term), they won't make it as far as finding this guy, they fall far below most of these guys standards, its sad but its true for the majority of these women.

What Guys Said 5

• Remember when you was below the age of 13-14 were you go through the phase of 'kissing boys is gross'?

Or for the men 'kissong or touching a girl gives you codies'?

Thats why they are slutty... To make little
    Kids get grossed out amd get children aids from adults ahah

• There are plenty of "sexy" men's costumes too. The reason adult costumes are so slutty is the culture around Halloween parties. Most people only dress up to go get drunk and laid at some party. Hell even I plan on going to my university's Halloween party as a "sexy" Scotsman.

• I dress as slut lol.
    Well you can buy a guy costume and wear it right? Isn't that what a costume is for.
    The thing is girls wanna look hot cause some think of it as a massive hook up event, also the girls seem more willing on Halloween as the clubs get full of girls and you get numbers more easily

• Women are so into Halloween and flirting with guys on that day a lot

• If they have a good personality, they won't need to show off their body. Showing off their body means that they are only down for one night stands. Men that want relationships will never appreciate women that had once been "free" to so many men and still wants to be treated by a lady (I don't really care about those women who do want one night stands though, it's those women complaining all Men are jerks yet, come in with lingerie instead of costumes)

• I agree with this message

• I think a lot of girls like it that way... not all for sure, but I know plenty of nerdy/ shy girls who love going slut for Halloween, like it is a free pass or it is not really them, a character and they get to be slutty and have all this attention, but with none of the problems that usually accompany that.

• Usually, it means that the women are insecure and desperate for attention. I believe that nobody deserves to be raped or molested, but wearing provocative clothing is going to increase the odds. To molesters or rapists, they see this as an opportunity and invitation. Yet, women complain how men are jerks these days, yet dress provocatively, being practically free and a public toilet to so many men, and think they still deserve a classy gentleman that never objectifies her or ditches her after one night.

• I see that as victim blaming and your opinion on what dressing like that means. I see it as, the girl who is in a little tight dress and having fun on a Saturday night, can be the same cute girl in the library on Sunday. It just depends on how you catch a girl at the moment.

What Girls Said 4

• I don't get it either. I'm a bigger girl, but I have huge boobs and a butt and thighs. There's no way half those costumes would even fit me let alone cover me enough to feel comfortable. And it's cold this time of year where I live. I'm not going out in lingerie.

I want a real costume. So I end up usually making my own. I'm all for feeling good and looking good. But whenever I go to a costume place I always feel so out of place. They have nothing that appeals to me at all. I want to be scary!

• I'm glad that you are respecting yourself and your body. Your body is a gift, and you should treat it with respect and dignity. It is not a tool for men to objectify you, or to shame upon you just for a few minutes of attention.

• Halloween costumes for women have really gone down hill. They used to be interesting and cool. Now it's basically just about wearing less and less. I would rather make my own costume and feel good in it than be insecure that I'm going to pop out or that I'm being inappropriate. I think people can still look good if they are fully covered.

• They make these costumes based on how popular they are, and how common, not sure why but I guess because a lot of girls not all enjoy wearing revealing costumes and feel that because its Halloween they're entitled to. However I personally think Halloween should be about gore, and scary things lol.

• Some women think that Halloween gives them a chance to dress more sexually without being judged.

Though sadly if you show to much skin people are just going to think your a slut no matter what. So it's something people can only do in private without being judged.

• I think women are doing it for attention because they are insecure. I think women fight over attention for men at Halloween parties, and the rivalry becomes catty.

• I feel you dude. It's cold here. I don't want to be wearing lingerie out. I want a real costume!

• I wonder how these women are freezing to death, subjecting to hypothermia, pneumonia or even a possibility of developing asthma out in the cold, just to be objectified by men. They think that by showing their body off to men, they can be reassured and deemed worthy for men. Not true. It seems to have adverse effect. All these insecure women want are attention.

• I'm guessing the copious amounts of alcohol have something to do with it.