Can someone hack your computer without you downloading some stuff?

I heard that if someone wants to hack your computer they would need you to download a few things. Can they do that if you did not download anything? But let's say they already had some of your passwords (skype, mail etc...)

Most Helpful Guy

• Collapse -

There are all sorts of viruses, spyware, and even browser exploits that are 'drive by' infections you get just by visiting a page.

The way to prevent this 100% is to run the OS in a non-administrator mode (logged in as a non-priviledged user or using a read-only OS like a live Linux distro) AND/OR use a script-blocking add-on like NoScript. Scripts are what infect your computer, so if you block scripts from executing, you reduce the chance some script will install malware.

Web pages have analytics built into them, and unless you are using some sort of anonymizer or proxy like the TOR service, your IP address is very trackable. Some browsers also have a
    private mode that blocks some of the analytics, but the IP address can still be identified, although it's trickier to do.

I manage a web site, and I load both Google Analytics and TraceMyIP analytics on each page... I can see lots of info about who visits my site.. IP address, location, OS, browser... etc.

source: internet

that should shed some light

What Guys Said 2

• Very good hackers can. But what are you waiting for to change your passwords?

• I already did, but maybe that was done too late.

• Well, if you did, then he can't log in to your stuff unless he discovers it again.

• There are some very good hackers out there. I once got a virus from moving my mouse over a link in a google search. There's also something called a worm, which moves from computer to computer, using wifi.

What Girls Said 0