Is quantum physics the end of materialism?

I have been every deep lately on how quantum physics and machanics are showing us all these different aspects of energy in this new era of knowlege. Are we just mere shadows of energy? just the bare results of certain wave lenghts? In fact as modern day quantum physics has discovered and are constantly expanding upon, they and EVERYTHING else are much more interconnected than MOST realize. This is where abstract objects meet matrerial things... materalism just died, just a mere goast of the real thing

Most Helpful Girl

• I'm gonna let the boyfriend respond to this because he's a physics student and, as always, I promise if he's an asshole because he's probably going to be :/ :

You clearly do not understand even the most basic concepts of quantum physics. Please study the subject thoroughly and ensure you understand- to at least the most minor degree- before you attempt to make assumptions about the subject on the internet. In addition I would suggest that you do something about the existential crisis you are currently experiencing. Here, this might help.

www.wikihow.com/Deal-with-an-Existential-Crisis

• I'm in no crisis trust me. .

• If you intend to continue to argue with me then I would suggest that you first invest in a few books on quantum physics, so that you ACTUALLY SODDING UNDERSTAND THE SUBJECT.

• Yea, Spanish is my native language. English is my second language. and I probably know a 5 grader that can dance better than you; but why even go there. I just started really being very curious about quantum physics, which is why I asked a question or I wouldn't bother. I have a basic understanding, but nobody really knows why particles act the way they do. Modern physics is purely a materialistic discipline. All i'm saying is that when we get to that point, advancing out of this materialistic discipline. Materialism will be no more and this will be a new understanding of everything. The whole 'all material is energy' thing is fairly old news by now anyway, we have advanced since that. If quantum physics can prove and understand spiritual energies and consiousness because, than Materialism which is currently a popular school in the philosophy of mind is dead. thanks you.

Most Helpful Guy

• YOU SIR! (I want to take you to a gay bar). But besides that I must inform you, and I apologise for I must admit that I take a most hedonistic level of contrived and sadistic ecstasy from the act, that you have no idea what quantum physics is. Firstly I must say that- after reading your replies to the other delightful young charges who deigned to reply to your most inane question- you have not even a shred of an idea of an expression of an inkling of what quantum physics is. It does NOT, I repeat it does NOT SIR, have anything to do with the "conscious". The charming lady and youthful gent are both quite correct. You, on the proverbial, are not. While mass is an expression of energy the same may be stated in reverse. Ergo "energy is mass". And beyond that I must inform you that "wavelength" is but one of the properties of energy, and that simple interaction between wavelengths is not sufficient enough to evoke even somebody as ill informed as yourself. Aspects such as frequency and amplitude must also be considered. But I digress, your question of "Is quantum physics the end of materialism?" is fundamentally flawed in that you understand neither quantum physics or materialism (based upon the evidence provided to me). Though I do suppose that you deserve a straight answer. No. The existence of quantum theory does not mean that matter no longer exists. Sorry to rain on your St. Georges day festivities friend, but thats just how it is.

• I do believe that further study and findings in quantum physics will upset you, I think further quantum physics will tell us a lot about our conscious once we get there. I personally don't think there is a difference, I only have a base knowledge of physics. I think our understanding know us flawed since quantum physics really dosen't know anything yet

• My dear gent, please stop talking. As you have yourself stated you have but the most base understanding of physics and the material world, this is obnoxiously clear in your question and your responses to those who have answered your question. I must state once more, and as clearly as I can, QUANTUM PHYSICS HAS NOTHING TO DO WITH THE CONSCIOUS.
      Given your exceedingly limited understanding of the subject I will not explain to you exactly what quantum physics states, as you would not understand. Just please realise that you are wrong. There is a difference between quantum physics and the consciousness. I repeat, there is a difference between quantum physics and the consciousness.

• Bro, there is no difference. Tell me the relationship between the both, than your would be the next Nobel prize holder. Modern physics is purely a materialistic discipline. All i'm saying is that when we get to that point, advancing out of this materialistic discipline. Materialism will be no more and this will be a new understanding of everything. If quantum physics can prove and understand spiritual energies and consiousness, than Materialism which is currently a popular school in the philosophy of mind is dead. thank you.

What Girls Said 0

What Guys Said 1

• No. I don't think you've really understood quantum physics. I'll try to find a video for you.

• look into the most recent discoveries on quantum physics and the conscious,. but yea shoot I'll watch it