What religion are you? If you don't practice religion what do you believe in?

I believe in God but I haven't been to church in a few years. I feel like I can't trust everything in the bible and I feel like people from church push their exact belief on you. Like a certain scripture and say it means something that I don't believe it does. I don't believe homosexual people go to Hell. And it pisses me off to hear anyone tell anyone they are going to Hell. Because I believe no one knows that but God. This goes so much deeper for me.

I want to know about your beliefs. No matter what religion. I won't argue with your belief. I don't know much about other religions. That's one of the reasons I'm interested.
If you don't have a religion, what do you think happens after death?

Most Helpful Guy

• I'm non-denominational Christian. I don't know why they never have us listed in surveys and shit.

Most Helpful Girl

• I'm a catholic, I believe in God, Jesus and Mother Mary, but I also believe in reincarnation and the universe. even though I'm a catholic, I don't believe in church. somehow, it's all about money again, politic in religion. politic in church.

• I'm glad you wrote "I don't believe in church. somehow, it's all about money again, politic in religion. politic in church" I too believe on God & I had an Aunt that was a Nun. I don't go to church for that reason. I felt a little hypocritical.

• That's fine. You can pray anywhere.
      What first turned me off is the church telling me I should be giving X% of my gross income to them.
      Priests have someone come in clean, do their laundry & cook for them. Seriously? They can't do any of that. I went to a Catholic HS All of the business positions Dean, Principal & administrative staff were all paid lay people. The priests could do any of that either? Couldn't they go to school & LEARN?

• @THE_Godfather agree :)

@bliss-taylor thanks for the MHO :D

What Guys Said 10

• Raptor Jesus will come for us all. And on that day I shall be among the chosen, and I shall rise up and become one with our mighty lord... as one of the many millions he eats in punishment for our crimes.
    Nah, I'm a physicist (ish) so organised religion is kind of against everything I know. Plus I've never been a fan of the concept, always seemed like shirking responsibility. I'm an atheist who's going to rot in a box or burn and then... jack.

• I'm a Catholic, I love Pope Francis, and I hate when people who are Christans say "you need jesus," "Just wait till you die, tue degil will get you" and such or when atheists say, which it seems mainly on youtube comments, that "God doesn't exist," "wow, these people are so dumb," or talk major crap about any bodies religons' leaders to mess with them. Never really hear atheist make those talking crap comments about a religion and its followers in everyday life though, they just seem to coward behind screens like many of today's bullies

• I am LDS (Mormon) and I believe strongly in it. I believe that after death our body and spirit separate and while our body stays on earth, our spirit goes to a special place to wait for the end of the world so it can be reunited with the body and judged for its works in the mortal life. Then there are three "kingdoms" we could go to, and then there is outer darkness (pretty much "hell" as you put it) but most people won't end up there.

• You can visit Mormon. org to learn more, if you would like.

• I'm an agnostic atheist.

• I am a Buddhist, but I so want to be a Christian of course. You can feel free to disagree with my opinions of course.

• I walk my own path, make my own religion. The path of shin oni

• I have never seen any evidence in god so I do not believe

• http://i60.tinypic.com/258ccwo.jpg
    Didn't you know that?

• I don't believe in anything. I'm an Atheist. And after death? Who knows.

• I'm an atheist.

What Girls Said 12

• I'm an atheist. I just believe that nothing happens after death, that's it, everything's over. It's not a very optimistic view, I guess, but I don't really believe in anything else.

• im catholic! i belive that everyone is a child of God and is to be treated like such and that only God can say whether a person goes to hell or not. i also belive that Mary is my mother and God is my father, not my earthy mother and father, though i love them they have lost my trust and i have realized that they are not my true loving guardians. i lvoe Jesus and Mary even more and iv'e been lighting my prayer candle lately and talking to my mother about my day and troubles and i speak to hear as if i am speaking to a physical person and it's awwwwesome ^_^ i love gay people despite what people say about me. i am friends with 3 bi people and i have not once told them that God hates them or that they are going to Hell. i am not a cookie cutter Chirstian by any means. i have horrible grades, i steal alcohol from my parents on occasion, i drink, i go to parties every now and then, i lie about those of course, and i smoke a vape pen. i sin and that's ok because i can always get better and i can always ask God for forgiveness. Anyway that's all for me! i hope that if anyone comments that they are civilized please!! thank you ^3^

• Nondenominational Christian.

• I believe in dragons.

• The Internet has helped many people lose their (or recognize their lack of) belief in God. Many atheists existed before the Internet already, but since cyber web is anonymous, it helped people express their beliefs without judgement.

• I'm a Christian. I believe that Jesus died for our sins on the cross, he was buried, but God raised him on the 3rd day. John 3:15 18 pretty much sums up what I feel will happen after death.

Not going to lie though.. I don't go to church a lot but I try to pray everyday, watch biblical shows, and read the Bible.

• I pretty much do it the same way. I have too many disagreements with people in church.

• I'm a atheist I believe in my own morals I don't see a point of a book of rules to tell me what I can't or can do and what is right or wrong if I know what is right or wrong. I know stealing is wrong for a example and I didn't need the bible to tell me that.

• I'm an atheist and I am completely apathetic towards spirituality and religion.

• i practice being a Christian because that's what my family is but I am finding myself to be more of a Protestant. it's kinda the same just a spin off christianity

• I strive to be a Christian.

• Christianity

• I'm an atheist. But I believe in Universal Consciousness, and metaphysical energy (any energy that isn't scientifically categorised - I call it magick; but y'know, chi, ki, whatever you want to say).

After death.. I'm pretty much a materialist I suppose. I think 'you', as in your personality etc. is just a particular arrangement of matter and energy, there's no soul that survives. Instead, just as your body breaks down and becomes a part of the earth again, the energy that was your 'life' also merges with the rest of the universe, the same as heat energy leaving your body.