Ever recover from a mediocre or low grade and raise it up?

From instance the one time I recovered was on a history class (not because the class was hard but because I was undergoing several issues and on top of that my grandfather's death) last year.

I went from a C on the mid-term report card (shows how you're doing on the half of each grading period) all the way to an A-... an A on the real report card.

Most Helpful Guy

• Yes, I did it sometimes when I was at High School and before.

Most Helpful Girl

• Yes, some dumb teacher gave me a D on the first grading period way back in 7th grade. What a way to start a new school and practically your very first bad grade on a report card.

My mistake was turning in a project too early, way ahead of time. When the due date came, she then informed me that I had no turned it in and if I did she couldn't find it (which was a stupid shoe box anyway) and that's how my grade went down to a D. What a careless, liar.

Anyway during the other 3 grading period and on her exams, I've been getting B's and my final average on that class was a B.

• So basically I was given a bad grade for no good reason, she couldn't find my project (that I've worked hard to turn it ahead of time) and the first grade was never recovered.

What Guys Said 2

• yes, I had to retake the class. effing sucked!

• that sucks but the only advantage is if you retake the class, you already know what they're gonna be teaching and less likely to make the same mistakes again

• true, but I couldn't help to keep thinking what a waste of time, should've done it right the first time lol.

• One of my accounting classes I bombed the first test but ended up with a great grade

What Girls Said 1

• Yes, in college I had a class where I got an A on the final so I got an A in the class, even though my midterm was a C minus. The teacher felt there was no reason to punish me for not knowing the material two months before when I had learned everything by the end of the semester when grades came in. The downside is that I brought an A down to a C before too, lol.