If you dont have a drivers license by the age of 20 does that mean you are mentally disabled?

i am asking this because i am 20 and dont have mine yet but i am working on getting it

Most Helpful Girl

• Obviously not

I'm the same. I'm dyslexic and probably dyspraxic which I think probably contributes to my really crappy spatial awareness which has made it more difficult when I've tried to learn to drive. But that doesn't count as mentally disabled.

Most Helpful Guy

What Girls Said 14

• Not at all! A lot of people your age don't. I have several friends who don't have theirs just because they never needed to bother getting one. This is especially true for college students whose lives are almost exclusively located on and around campus. Don't be embarrassed about it.

• Wtf, seriously? xD No, it does not mean that.

• its okay i am 18 and i dont have my license because i had bad anxiety about driving and i did not bother until i got my anxiety solved i am really close to being able to take the test, because i have the minimum requirement of hours needed i just need to learn how to parallel park

• Of course it doesn't. It means you either have failed it at least once and need to try again or you haven't tried at all and will go when you feel you are ready.

• i think u need to read the question to yourself again and realise how bizarre it sounds.

• I didn't get mine until I was 22. I was busy during other stuff. Living on campus, go to uni, work etc.

• This isn't PC at all.

• Disabled, no.

But it does beg the question why...

• No, it means you live in a city where you don't need one.

• Lol I've had mine since I was 16 and still haven't drived. Chances are I won't use it even when I'm 20

Lol why would you ask this

• No, I have a friend who is 19 and doesn't have a drivers license. He's never even tried to learn. Ever since he moved to NYC he says having a drivers license is useless. I guess he just takes cabs or the subway or something I don't know..

• No. You're possibly
    A. Too afraid to drive
    B. Have no car or $$$ for one
    C. You're too lazy

• No? It means you didn't have the motivation to get it yet.

• I didn't get mine until I was 23. I never had a need for it until then

What Guys Said 12

• Don't feel bad. I did not have a driver's license until I had turned 20 either. By that time, I was at my 3rd duty station in the US Navy. I was training on how to operate nuclear power plants for ship's propulsion and electric power generation. I did not get a driver's license until I needed to buy a car for commuting.

I've never liked cars. I'm fine with driving. It's just something I never embraced as a teenager. My small rebellion against conforming to a strong element of US culture.

• No it does not.

• No my cousin was 25 before getting his, I think his mom made him so paranoid and over protective about everything that he didn't bother till that age

• I didn't get my license until I was 20. I was always afraid of driving which only got worse when my sister almost died in a car wreck. I realized I needed it in a small town though so I took the plunge.

• Some people with drivers liscences drive like they have mental disorders

• Depends where you live. Some places have good enough public transit that people never need to get a license.

• Some people choose mot yo drive

• That logic doesn't make sense, no

• maybe if you keep failing the tests

• Go to any large metropolitan city and ask people that.

• you killed me...

like I'm dying laughing ahaha omg

• lol i'm getting mine at 25 and in the school there are even people in their 30s and 40s. what does that make us?