Help I can't copy and paste a folder into another folder in my pc. when I click paste it tells me you need permission to perform this action?

Help I can't copy and paste a folder into another folder in my pc. when I click paste it tells me you need permission to perform this action, but where do I get it?

What Girls Said 0

What Guys Said 2

• Which folder is it? You may have to log in from an administrator account, and manually take control of the folder before altering it in any way (which includes pasting another folder in it).

• well its a folder on the desktop that i try to either cut or copy to a folder in the hard drive. Im trying to paste it t oa folder that has files from a program that wHen I originally installed it, I install the program as running as administrator, because I was following some video on how to install a patched version of quickbooks, could this be part of hte problem? is there a way tor reverse the decision of havning isntalled a program by running it as administrator instead of clicking open when you run the installlation file? can I reverse that decision without uninstalling and reisntalling hte program

• You need to right click on the destination folder, then click on the 'Security' tab. At the bottom, choose 'Advanced', and set the permissions. It should work. :)

• You need to run the application as administrator. I use Total Commander for file operations.