Would you drop a friend because they met someone?

So a buddy of mine recently started seeing some girl ( stupid whore no doubt) and has pretty much dedicated his entire life to getting to know this girl. So I basically decided to quit talking to him when I can avoid it which isn't always easy because we work together. I'm just not going to hang out with someone when it's convenient to them because they gotta ask their bitches permission you know what I'm sayin? Anyone else?

Most Helpful Girl

• i HATE it when my friends, especially some of my guy friends try to do this. if i meet someone theyre all like "oh well u have a boyfriend now..." like why the hell does that make a difference? i truly dont understand.

i dont think what ur doing is right. if he's really ur 'buddy' u have to be there for him, even if this girl is no good. sometimes unfortunately u gotta watch ur friends make mistakes, but when they do, they'll need u to be around. youd want your friends to do the same.

Most Helpful Guy

• I understand your pain... my Best friend for 20 years would do that same thing with his girlfriend. He would be my roommate until he got himself a girlfriend. Then he would spend most nights out of the week at her place and I got to deal with his crap in my way.

I agree that you need to protect/take care of yourself and not use your effort to make plans with him more than you need to. But... take your time and be his friend at work, when it comes to hanging out outside of work just let him be and don't initiate it.

When it comes time for him to come back to you and saying that they broke up, then that is were you will be happy that you will have your friend back and pick up where you left off.

What Girls Said 1

• Aw cmon relax a bit. Why lose your friend and be so aggressive towards her insulting her like that. Surely there's room for you both too don't be so dramatic

What Guys Said 2

• I'm glad your not my friend. Who need some one that takes offense to wanting more than a dude to hang out with. That's like saying if you can be happy then F you. Geesh

• Of course not one of my best friends has a girlfriend and we hang out like every other weekend, sometimes several days in a row. Just because you get a girl or your bud has a girl doesn't mean you can't stop hanging out.