In the Titanic movie, didn't the fiance deserved to be spat in his face?

He was kind of detestable and seemed controlling (ex: the table flipping scene); also it's clearly she didn't want to marry. Though, I wouldn't cheat on him... I would have done the same thing Rose did in the end; express my full hatred and disrespect towards him by spitting in his face.

In order for me to do that... I would really have to truly hate you. Haven't ever gotten to that level.

Updates:
And well in order for me to really hate you... you would have to have truly done me wrong and make yourself hateful.

0|0
2|1

Most Helpful Guy

• She was kind of a spoiled bitch. I wouldn't have given her my place in the lifeboat.

0|0
    0|0
    • and practically forcing someone to marry you and being controlling isn't being a jerk? She didn't want to go in the lifeboat with him anyway.
      Grabbing her and not letting her go; more of a reason to be spat on.

• They were both jerks. They deserved each other.

• or it can be that she was standing up for herself at a year where a woman practically had no rights to ever say no and barely work

Most Helpful Girl

• I do not think I would spit in anyone's face, but he was a jerk, indeed. He deserved to be left as she was not in love with him.

1|0
    0|0

What Guys Said 0

The only opinion from guys was selected the Most Helpful Opinion!

What Girls Said 1

• I don't know, I wouldn't spit on someone's face.

0|0
    0|0
    • Normally it's not right but I can see why she spat on Cal, esp when he was still grabbing her and not letting her. She was basically saying ''I had enough, you're a disgusting POS''.