Is love at first sight a real thing?

• Yes, it can happen
  • Nope, just lust at first sight

Most Helpful Guy

• If anyone tells you that love at first sight is possible, ask them two things: 1) how old are you, and 2) define "love." It is certainly possible to have instant lust for someone, but love is a feeling that comes from knowing someone well, appreciating their qualities, respecting the effort they make to be a good person and a good mate. How can you really love someone who you don't even know?

Most Helpful Girl

• Well I'm not sure if it's love (from my experince) I would say it's more like a infatuation at first sight. I thought I had a "love at first sight" with this guy from my high school he was in 10th and I was in 9th. walking to my next class with my bestie I seen this guy with decent vans good fitting pants a white shirt a blue sweater vest snake bites, glasses a black beanie with jet black curly hair (he referred to as his jew fro) sticking out everywhere. I had no Idea who he was but I liked him, he was just so ... I don't know but I turned to my bestie and told her "he will be mine , oh yes he will be mine" (my favorite movie was Waynes World) every time I saw him around campus I got stuck on stupid , was it love I don't think so but did I like him yeah

What Guys Said 6

• no. to love someone you need to know more than just how they look.
    if you meet someone who looks like a 10/10, you are very attracted to her from the first moment you've seen her and it happens that she has the perfect personality too and you end up together,... was it love at first sight? people will say so.
    but what if she is a total douche? you will still feel attracted to her in the same way at the beginning but knowing her better you'll quickly know that she is nothing for you.

so no, I don't think it exists because looks is just a small part of someone and the rest you won't know unless you get to know her better. better call it crush at first sight or something like that, would be more close to reality...

• I think so. I had it happen, but she eventually quit loving me (🐄💩) so now I'm not sure

• Yes, it can happen

• Love isn't even real, so love at first sight isn't real, obviously.

• I believe so and I think it really does happen but rarely.

• So far 16 stupid people. Just ask those two questions @OlderAndWiser mentioned.

What Girls Said 1