Can Asians drink alchohol and get drunk?

is it true Asians can't drink alchohol and get drunk

0|0
1|3

Most Helpful Girl

• Asians can drink. and get drunk. a lot of east Asians dont because they have a mutation in their genes that encode for either alcohol dehydrogenase which causes the alcohol to be converted to acetylaldehyde faster than a lot of non Asians or there's a mutation in their acetylaldehyde dehydrogenase gene that results in an enzyme that does a poor job of breaking the acetylaldehyde into acetic acid. since acetylaldehyde is toxic to the human body most Asians skip the happy drunk part and go straight to the throwing up headache shitty feeling part.

1|0
    0|0
    • something like that. i dunno if im remember all this correctly so anybody can feel free to correct my misconceptions and mistakes.

• **so they dont drink. forgot the rest of what I was gonna say. And then some Asians get drunk super quick because their body metabolizes the alcohol faster. but they can't hold it cuz the can't get past that acetylaldehyde stage which tastes nasty and makes you puke.

Most Helpful Guy

• Of course they do.

You've never heard of sake? Soju? Arrack?

1|0
    0|0

What Girls Said 0

The only opinion from girls was selected the Most Helpful Opinion!

What Guys Said 2

• Asians are the easiest people to get drunk.

0|0
    0|0
  • Sure, they can get drunk (just ask the Japanese in Japan), but perhaps you are thinking of "Asian Syndrome" where some of them get drunk really fast on half a drink and their faces turn red? Like they are strongly irritated by even a small amount?

0|0
    0|0