Am I technically old enough to be his Mom?

I'm a nursing student almost done with my degree. This guy in one of my classes pretty much ran after me to walk with me when class is over. He stares at me during class sometimes and says "Hi" but nothing more. During our conversation out of class and into the train (we take the same direction home) he asked me what I was doing this weekend and I told him I'll probably go out. He said we should go out together. (I'm off limits cause I have a guy). But this all had me thinking aren't I technically old enough to be his Mom? During our convo he told me his Mom had him when she was 15. She's 36 now. He's 21. And I just turned 29.
I know this shouldn't matter but the thought itself freaked me out.
Yeah I got pregnant at 8 and had u at 9.

Not a serious question , hilarious to me in a sense
I meant got pregnant at 7 and had u at 8.

Most Helpful Guy

• Nah, 8 years difference isn't really anything. I never bought into the "old enough to be your mom/dad" issue. We're either all adults or we're not, you know? If someone is 40 and wants to hook up with someone 22, while I might have doubts about their long-term compatibility, I don't think there's anything "gross" about it. It also only seems to work one way. If the guy was 40, he's "preying" on this "poor, naive young girl", and they'll suggest that the girl must have "daddy issues" or something else wrong with them to enter such a relationship. But if the woman is 40, she's celebrated for being confident and beautiful and "cougar" doesn't really have the sinister connotation to it, and the younger guy is congratulated for pulling a grown 'n sexy lady, and no one is saying he has "mommy issues", etc. I mean, realistically, yes, I think most relationships are probably most feasible if you keep it within a 10 year window, but this is life, it works how it works and there really aren't any hard and fast rules.

Most Helpful Girl

• You're probably not old enough to be his mom, but I can certainly understand why you would be uncomfortable at the thought. Unless, of course, your menarche started at 8.

• I would never think of a 8 year difference as parent old. Until I learned his mom got pregnant at 14 and had him at 15. That means I'm 7 years younger than her which is odd. We could all be brothers n sisters in all honesty

What Guys Said 8

• Nah, seven years count a lot in regards of being a mom or a dad. I'm 27 and if I have had a child seven years ago I would probably look way too different compared to how I look currently. You would have a lot of responsibilities (stress!) and no time for yourself, so that makes you look older physically and feel older mentally.

Also, having a child at 8 looks much worse than having a child at 15, at least socially. I'm still appalled at the number of young girls who have children at any age under 18 (just shouldn't be that way I think) but everyone can agree having a child any younger than 15 is just life overkill.

• You're totally right. But as a woman that had a kid at 22, I found time for myself (3 years after having my kid) Finally! I feel that's very important when being a parent. Often times we get so wrapped up in doing everything for our child, that we forget we are humans too. We need to satisfy our needs. I fix myself up, change my hair, wear nice clothes, so I often attract the attention of younger guys, those my age and more than 30 decades older.

• Some people are surprised I am a parent because I am thin and wear nice clothes. Some people often expect me to look worn , tired and overweight. I think that's the stereotype. You don't have to let yourself go.. it's a choice. I find time because I enjoy looking good.

• Pervert...
    Kidding. Older women are attractive, because they know what hell they want and don't waste time with nonsense. Unfortunately older women tend to look down on younger men. I know some older women regret rejecting younger men they became financially successful (e. g. Doctor, Lawyer, Special Forces).

• Admit it... you WANT him, don't you? :D

• Exactly what I was thinking, lol

• He's cute as hell I admit:) . But I have an amazing guy at home who I love to pieces that I wouldn't trade at all

• I was just joking! :D

• How could you be at the age to be his mom if you are only 8 years older than him.

• Yeah, I know not possible. I just feel odd knowing im only 7 years younger than his Mom.

• That itself sounds "old" no matter how young I am ':'

• Historically it's possible.

• Do you look 29? Or do you look more his age?

• I got preggo once when I was a fetus but I still date younger women.

• Well, generally, women want to have babies by 30, so, if you are (or even if you aren't) a mother by then, then, yeah, you could be considered a mom to him, which would then of course raise the question, does he have mommy issues

• So it's typical that a woman has a kid at 8 or 9?

I'd only be considered a mom to young children not an adult male

• Your un- original. You're using my own insult at me. Pathetic

• No wonder u can't get it at 26. Loser of the earth

What Girls Said 2

• No, of course not. I think you answered your own question at the end of your statement. Pregnant at 8? As a nursing student, what are the odds of that even being possible?

• It's not possible but it is hilarious. Hence , I put "technically" speaking. I'm only seven years younger than his mom which is odd. I know impossible for me to be pregnant at 7 .

• Yes, technically it's completely impossible. So no, You aren't old enough. So if u like him you should get together. and it is hilarious, mom and son could be drinking buddies. She could even be his wing-woman at the bars. Lol.

• What ridiculous question.. The answer is quite obvious.

• It's ridiculous but hilarious. I'm seven years younger than his mom which made me think of this