Why people make fun of other people who listen to music from previous decades?

1|0
12|7

Most Helpful Girl

• They think it's just weird cuz it's not something they like and they think "why would u listen to something from that decade when ur in this decade". I like music from previous decades too. :) It's just some people can't understand it and have to make rude comments about it, instead of just excepting that eveyone likes different types of music.

0|1
    0|0

Most Helpful Guy

What Girls Said 11

• because they have no appreciation for REAL music.

2|2
    0|0
  • I actually enjoy discovering 'new' old music. If a song can stand the time passing by, it's a masterpiece, therefore it's worthy to listen to

1|1
    0|0
  • I think there are always the people who think old music is lame or music they don't like is lame.

Personally, most of my favorite music is from previous decades.

0|1
    0|0
  • Because lots of people are narrow minded...

0|2
    0|0
  • I heavily dislike it when anyone makes fun of any ones taste in music.

0|1
    0|0
  • Oh come on guys quit making fun of me & my music.

0|1
    0|0
  • only mean people would do that

0|1
    0|0
  • Because people like to find a reason to feel superior than others. I do that too. I make fun of people who like Justin biebee, rihanna, and Nicki minaj because I think they have no talent so people who like them must have some hearing problems.

0|0
    0|0
  • Well maybe they just think they're lame for liking it. But I like any music, no matter how old. I like Beethoven, Mettalica, Pink Floyd, the doors. Older music is usually really good.

0|0
    0|0
  • Good music will always be good music and idiots will always be idiots. Regardless of the decade :)

0|0
    0|0
  • They are stuck in another time line.

0|0
    0|0

What Guys Said 6

• An old Latin proverb says: "De gustibus non est disputandum" (In matters of taste, there can be no disputes)... for example, I dislike music from 60's, 50's or older... but I love music from the 80's and 90's, even some music from the 70's...

1|1
    0|0
  • I don't, in my house my brother likes very much music from previous decades, for example. But I think this happens because they consider it old and I don't know why some people don't like old things.

0|1
    0|0
  • They do? I didn't know that. I listen to music if I like it, not based on its age.

Although I've been running out of music to listen to lately.

0|1
    0|0
  • So that they'll feel better about themselves.

Queen, Jimmi Hendrix, Eagles, Tina Turner are better than any modern day artist.

0|0
    0|0
    • each to their own i guess... personally i like Hi-NRG, Italo Disco, Latin Freestyle and Eurodance mostly...

• Show All
    • Still never heard of it.

• guess music isn't yer fav topic... or u just listen to only a few genres and don't bother to search any further genres...

• heck our children are gonna make fun of us when we will be listening to music from 2015 and i dont think ill give a single fuck about it. :D

0|0
    0|0
  • They do? they have got to be idiots then, I love 60s and 70s rock movement

0|0
    0|0