Why people make fun of other people who listen to music from previous decades?

Most Helpful Girl

• They think it's just weird cuz it's not something they like and they think "why would u listen to something from that decade when ur in this decade". I like music from previous decades too. :) It's just some people can't understand it and have to make rude comments about it, instead of just excepting that eveyone likes different types of music.

Most Helpful Guy

What Girls Said 11

• because they have no appreciation for REAL music.

• I actually enjoy discovering 'new' old music. If a song can stand the time passing by, it's a masterpiece, therefore it's worthy to listen to

• I think there are always the people who think old music is lame or music they don't like is lame.

Personally, most of my favorite music is from previous decades.

• Because lots of people are narrow minded...

• I heavily dislike it when anyone makes fun of any ones taste in music.

• Oh come on guys quit making fun of me & my music.

• only mean people would do that

• Because people like to find a reason to feel superior than others. I do that too. I make fun of people who like Justin biebee, rihanna, and Nicki minaj because I think they have no talent so people who like them must have some hearing problems.

• Well maybe they just think they're lame for liking it. But I like any music, no matter how old. I like Beethoven, Mettalica, Pink Floyd, the doors. Older music is usually really good.

• Good music will always be good music and idiots will always be idiots. Regardless of the decade :)

• They are stuck in another time line.

What Guys Said 6

• An old Latin proverb says: "De gustibus non est disputandum" (In matters of taste, there can be no disputes)... for example, I dislike music from 60's, 50's or older... but I love music from the 80's and 90's, even some music from the 70's...

• I don't, in my house my brother likes very much music from previous decades, for example. But I think this happens because they consider it old and I don't know why some people don't like old things.

• They do? I didn't know that. I listen to music if I like it, not based on its age.

Although I've been running out of music to listen to lately.

• So that they'll feel better about themselves.

Queen, Jimmi Hendrix, Eagles, Tina Turner are better than any modern day artist.

• each to their own i guess... personally i like Hi-NRG, Italo Disco, Latin Freestyle and Eurodance mostly...

• Still never heard of it.

• guess music isn't yer fav topic... or u just listen to only a few genres and don't bother to search any further genres...

• heck our children are gonna make fun of us when we will be listening to music from 2015 and i dont think ill give a single fuck about it. :D

• They do? they have got to be idiots then, I love 60s and 70s rock movement