What should I do with my first paycheck?

I get my first paycheck Thursday. it's estimated to be around $330. I know i'll need groceries for food to take to work and gas even though work is like 10 minutes from my house. Any other ideas what I could do?

anybody have more ideas?

Most Helpful Girl

What Girls Said 24

• I know this sounds totally lame, but other then the expenses you know you'll need, I think you should go to your bank online or in person and set up a savings account. It can be for emergencies or an account for like an awesome vacation at the end of the year. Set up direct deposit so a little into an emergency fund, and a little into vacation fund, and the rest is for other expenditures. With all my paychecks then and now, at the end of the week whenever I get paid, I always treat myself to a nice dinner. I figure I work so hard that I deserve to treat myself to a little something now in the dinner, and later in the vacation.

• Sounds like a very practical and smart way to spend a paycheck :)

I always wanted to save my first paycheck to give to my mother. As a symbolic way to show appreciation of everything she has done for me.

• Put a few pennies in your own pocket so you have a little something for yourself for the week, something you may need to pick up for yourself, and put the rest away for that rainy day.
    Good luck. xx

• Buy an industrial sized cheeto bag. Take it to the park. Watch the squirrels and ducks and birds have a feeding frenzy.

• If you're feeling very generous you can send it my way. LOL. Just kidding, but not really. Let's see. If I were you (and if college tuition weren't an issue--which will never happen) I'd save up to buy more parts for my computer. If you haven't built one, you totally should. It's a real experience, and mind opener to the intricacies of technology.

• Food and gas for your car definitely are important. Do you have any bills you need to pay off? If so, I would spend some of the paycheck on those. I'd always save some of it in a checking or savings account, too.

• I spent my first salary on food, clothes and heels ahaha 💙 and I kept some for savings too.

• I wish I could get a job already...

• You will, I promise

• No, just don't be lazy about it, that's what you're doing, go ask for help

• And it's than*

• Buy some Halloween candy, new clothes, Folgers french vinilla coffee (it's really good), or eat out at a restaurant with your friends!

• Can't pay many bills with 330.

• treat yo self. buy some food, go out to dinner, buy ice cream. buy a new outfit or maybe some work clothes if you need them lol. or buy a new pair of shoes.
    or just save it!

• Save it up for a big investment, like retirement, health insurance, or your children's college tuition.

• Invest in neobux. com
    I know many people made money from it

• Put some even if its alil into saving.

• After groceries you probably won't have much left. Maybe sock it away and save it for when you need something.

• Needs go first. Take care of the important things first, and whatever you have left over... buy something you want or save it

• Save it 😒

• Buy a couple articles of clothing maybe? Halloween candy? Savings?

• Put it in your bank account or if you don't have one open one it's always nice to save money so if something happens its there!

• Save half and do something fun with what the other half.

• You could save it and be responsible

• Buy new clothes!

• Save 80% of the remainder and spend $20 dollars on a dinner or a dessert.

• Save it for a rainy ☔ day when you need to pay stuff in an emergency 😅

What Guys Said 27

• Do you have any debt? Pay off the debt; if not, save that money for a rainy day fund. If you have a 6 month rainy day fund, do some research and see if you can invest in your retirement.

• Set up an emergency limit on your mind. Keep saving until you hit that limit (fix the car/new one). And then you can start spending at will. This is just postponing the actual answer, but by then you'll have a backup and more time to think about what to do.

• You could start saving so that, if you miss a paycheck, you don't have a disaster.

• I always set aside around 12% of my checks to go into my savings. That way when I really need money for a trip, school, marriage, whatever the occasion, it'll be there when I really need it. I wish I had started doing that sooner like in highschool.

• You could save it. Its never too early to start saving for your future family.

• You should totally not spend it all on alcohol and sweets. Totally...[hint]

• Put some in to a savings account and the rest in to your checking account, that way you'll have some money stashed away, case you have an emergency, and let it built, don't go spending paychecks right away

• 0|1
  • Create a budget. Start with the important stuff you can not function without: gas, rent, bills. Then the important but you can probably squeeze through: food, grocery, clothes, daily conveniences.

What's left will be what you can freely spent. I recommend saving $5 a day if you are the coffee type by stop drinking coffee.

• If you can walk to work and you don't need your car during your shift, then I'd walk and use the money for food. It depends if there's any other bills like rent or mortgage. Otherwise, food should be first and foremost.

• i Have to drive 10 miles so I have to use a car we have no public transport, plus the factory is kinda out in the boonies

• Oh, wow. Okay. Well, it's up to you. What about a bicycle?

• If u don't have a splurge for yourself, then just save it until you do. 8-)

• Always, ALWAYS save at least 10% of each paycheck.

• Save as much as you can. $330 doesn't go far these days man. Good hustle on getting a job though.

• Strippers and blow.

• Save some cash for WWE tickets the next time they come to town you can buy two good seats with what you have earned so far. What kind of work do you do?

• Save like you are going to live to be a hundred and fifty.

• That or put it towards something that will make you money in the future

• Take your mom on date

• PLEASE !!! Get something for your parents. It is only parents who were there to support you when you could not even feed yourself. Do something for them that will make them remember forever.

• Hookers and blow.

• Give it to charity. Anyone who doesn't give every penny they earn to charity is objectively a bad person. This has been proven by scientific fact.

• Buy madchilds new album silver tounge devil

• pay any bills you have first, then you can spend it on whatever

• It might be the "boring" answer but put some of it away into a savings account. It's always wise to prepare for a rainy day.

• umm ur 24 and this is ur first paycheck?

• Hit the club with your homies to celebrate then buy life insurance.

• Use some to pay for your groceries, then save up the rest.