What is one life lesson everyone should learn before turning 18?

One major life lesson I've learned for myself is persistence, as reaching one's goal is not about use of force or doing things fast, but by being persistent, consistent, and determined.

Most Helpful Girl

• The only person who can stop you achieving what u want is yourself

Most Helpful Guy

• You can choose who to be. Now that you're entering adulthood, start to exercise real control over your thinking and behavior. Most people never do. You can. It's a matter of choice.

What Girls Said 5

• I feel like oftentimes, we end up stressing for no reason. The real problem is that we can't see our future, and a lot of times, we end up stressing out and giving up home. My advice would be to have faith because it helps you move forward no matter what the situation is. Have faith and don't give up on hope but things Will get better

• I will be 18 soon and this was very helpful. I like how a lot of the advice is similar. A lot on being in control of your life.

• Just because a parent wants you to date another boy or girl doesn't mean you should, especially if it would break someone's heart if you did.

• Live the life you'll be proud to reflect on when your much older.

• Don't let fear run your life

What Guys Said 4

• The earlier you save, the more money you will earn in the future.

• I'd just tell them to listen to this song but really listen to it
    https://youtu.be/_2ebSheM0fo

• The only person that can judge you is yourself.

• I would say to always prepare yourself the best you can and do the best you can in whatever you choose and wish to do.