Do you believe, from an educational standpoint, it matters what school you go to?

not from a job standpoint, because you can get a job no matter where you go.

But truly from a 'learning,' perspective.

Most Helpful Guy

• It matters very much. Not all professors are created equal. Some excelled in their studies while others just barely made the cut-off. Not every university gets a top of the class professor for every field of study, so if you want to study under the best, you have to find the schools with the most qualified professors for your chosen major.

Most Helpful Girl

• Depends on the quality of teaching. That is what it comes down to. If the quality of the teaching at the school is not on par then I do think it can disadvantage the student. However if the teaching quality is well then it doesn't matter if it's private or public or any of that business.

What Guys Said 4

• Yes, it does; some schools have better quality teachers or smaller class sizes; thus, it allows more one on one focus on the individual student.

• In many fields, your employment prospects go up dramatically if you go to a nationally-recongized uni rather than the local no-name state university.

• In science i only notice this if you want to be a prof the job market justcares aboutresults

• Yes of course it does. :)

What Girls Said 3

• Yep. I got kicked out of a normal high school my sophmore year and ended up going to a continuation schoolm we didn't have to bring binders, they supplied us paper. Didn't teach us shit. I used to smoke weed in the computer class if i was ever actually at school. I usually ditched, then got expelled for having brass knuckles.
    I wish i would have stayed at a normal high school because i was actually learning something there.

• I don't think so!

• yes
    schools with more money can hire better teachers
    i've noticed this growing up
    when i changed middle schools because of my family relocating i noticed that the old middle school was far superior than the new one. i actually regressed because of it :(
    same with high school
    and i'd imagine college would be the same if you transferred up