What would hurt you more: the person you love not caring for you at all or only liking you as a friend?

To me having someone "like me as a friend" is worse but if they don't have any feelings, it might make it a little easier to move on from them. But hearing them say they care about me "as a friend" reminds me that I just wasn't "enough" for them.

Most Helpful Guy

• Liking me as a friend. If I love her then I want it reciprocated.

Most Helpful Girl

• I don't know.
    I guess it depends on how much you like them? Plus, some people know how to reject you in a way that makes your life easier to move on.

Some people can't tolerate being friends with the one they love while watching them being happy with someone else. Others think as long as they are there and watch the person they like happy, it is okay for them.

• I don't know which one would be your attitude if you truly love someone.

What Guys Said 1

• liking me as a friend :(

What Girls Said 4

• It depends on how much I like the guy.
    If I like him too much, I can t be friends with him.
    Seeing him every day would hurt me and won t help me to move on.

• Not caring at all seems worse then just seeing as friends. I think guys would disagree on this.

• Not liking me at all. At least friends is a consolation price

• I don't know... I've had a guy I really cared for not give one once of care back to me at all, and that stung. I'm ok with just being friends, once they tell me they don't have romantic feelings for me but see me as a friend or sister, that changes my mind about them. I just see them as a good friend (in some cases with my guy friends).