Do you hope your daughter/son is straight?

I would definitely hope they are, but I would accept if they weren't.

Is this bad?

Most Helpful Girl

• It's more like an obligation.

Sorry xD

Most Helpful Guy

• I'm not going to hid the fact that I hope they will be. And if they won't be well, homosexuality I can handle/ignore but if they're going to do the "dad, I think I'm a actually [insert opposite gender]" then they're going to get treatment.

• So you're transphobic then?

• To you they may be, but that's only your perspective. But treating them like their mentally is treating them differently.

• @AzureGirl and what's bad with that? It doesn't mean I treat them worse than others, just different. I wouldn't expect a person with Down Syndrome to act normal, but that doesn't mean I'd treat them bad.

What Girls Said 13

• yeah i would hope so.

it's not bad at all man. ur attitude is a nice one.

• I honestly wouldn't care as long as they're happy. But being the fact I have a lesbian sister, trans brother, a gay cousin and a possibly bisexual boyfriend (he said long ago he was, I don't know if he just dropped it or if he just leans strongly to women) I've been surrounded by all types. it doesn't bother me.

• I don't hope or not hope anything with regards to sexual orientation. I'm glad our society is trending towards being more open-minded. I would love them and embrace whatever they are in orientation and make sure they never feel pulled down by any disadvantages there are out there... which hopefully will continue to minimize. I do hope they will be healthy. Health is truly the most prized possession any of us have and pose some of the biggest problems in life both in and out of our control.

• I will love my children no matter what, but I do hope the turn out straight. If not, it's out of my control and I won't care because it won't make me love them any less. It's not bad to feel the way you do. I don't think most people are like "I hope my kid turns out gay." It doesn't mean there is anything wrong with them being gay, though. Nothing at all.

• If i get a daughter i would love it if she was gay. Less chance that she ended up in a abusing relationship or get used. With a guy she is most likely to be a lot physical weaker. With a girl they are probably around the same strenght.

Don't hate me for feminism, but there is a lot of guys who still don't see girls as equal. Yes women have lots of right, but there is still some guys with messed up mind that women belong in the kitchen. Therefore i would love if she dated a girl because there is less likely chance for her to end up in something dangerous.

lol. I sound overprotective, but i don't really mind too much if she was straight either. It's her choice after all.

About ''my son' i would not worry too much if he was gay or straight. Guys understand guys better after all so i would trust him more that he choose a nice guy/girl.

By the way, i don't really want kids. Even if it sounded like it x)

• You sound sexist as fuck.

• I'm not sexist as fuck. Why would my best friend be a guy then? lol.
      I have 4 kind of overprotective brothers. I'm straight. I love men, they are the ones who i'm attracted to after all. The funny is that it's my brothers who kind of made me have this mindset.

Please read between the lines. Don't think '' Oh, she is saying men have bigger chance to be abusive, wow she must hate every man on planet earth''
      I hate lots of women. I hate lots of guys. But i love people from both genders.

You sound sexist as fuck or else you would manage to see things a little from my point of view.

By the way before you misunderstand something else i respect homosexuality, but i would never force anyone to be straigth or gay. I just said my preference and please respect that!

• I just hope that they're healthy. Really don't give a shit about my future child's sexual orientation.

• I hope they're happy.

Everything else is irrelevant

• Idc
    Filler

• I just think that their life would be easier if they were straight... so yeah, I guess I'd hope so

• your mindset is not bad but i would not care what or who my kids prefer to have sex with.

• So it's OK if they have sex with 40 year olds?

• I like to read the small print.

• well to put it simple, i dont care if my kid is straight, gay, or bisexual, or whatever other sexualities there are, i would still love them because they are my kid. but when they bully someone for being something they can't help like poor, gay, bisexual, or whatever then we have a problem

• I hope that my child is happy.

• I don't care either way. I just want them to be happy.

• I mean noone hopes for their kids to be so. Do I care no, but I mean GMO kids are going to be real by 2020 so I don't forsee the lgbt cCommunity will last too long past then. I mean Most parent don't want their kids to end up being lgbt

What Guys Said 33

• I'd hope for straight for sure. the discrimination and violence against gays is ridiculous so for the safety of my kid, i'd want him straight. I'd want a straight daughter too but there like little to no discrimination on that front. The double standards humans create. Sigh.

• Damn right since I don't want any phaggets and or bulldykes running around my house bringing home a lover of the same gender... they'd have to go

i1127.photobucket.com/.../...non-believers-out.gif

• my family doesn't play that homo stuff NOR do we have any in our family from what I know.

• I don't have children, but if I did, I would want them to be heterosexual. Their lives will be easier, my life will be easier. There is no advantage to having a homosexual child.

• I sure would hope so AND that they would actually want children of their own. That's the primary purpose of sexuality, after all.

• Well to be honest a while back I would have said yes but after accepting the cold hard truth a while back that I may not comeback to life as my great grandchild's child or whatever I really don't care if they're a homosexstical now :/

• Homosexstical... ... ...

• Yea I started saying it like that after I pronounce you chuck and Larry haha

• It wouldn't bother me. What would bother me is if they kept it a secret for years because they were afraid to to me. I am a very open minded person though and so I honestly think if I had kids I would raise them to be the same and more open as a result.

• Honestly yes, I want to have blood grandchildren, and my children's lives would be much easier being straight.

• You are aware let's say you have a son he can use his own sperm and impregante a surrogate mother and lesbians can also get preagnent through a sperm doner

• this are viable options for wanting blood grandchildren for sure

• Well, I acknowledge that they'd likely have less difficulties in life if they were straight. That's more of a condemnation of other people, though.

• While I don't exactly think to myself "Man I hope my kids are gay", my love for them wouldn't change if they were.

• He is straight.

• Yes I do, because of the picture I have in my mind for my kids. But, I would accept them and love them just the same if they were gay. Just not what I planned for

• Yeah, cause so I'll have grandkids.

• Same. I hope for straight but I'll love them no matter what.

• yes, I want my kids to grow up with less teasing. It could make them stronger, but it could also tear my kid apart. Plus its already bad enough to be a minority in Canada, why make it worse.

• It wouldn't bother me, I'd love my children regardless of their sexual orientation and I would be devastated if they were scared to "come out" due to the thought of me disowning them.

• Yes I'd prefer them to be straight. But if not, it won't change my view on them

• Um... well I'm open to whatever and will support my kids, as long as they are happy. But if my son goes gay, he must still be a man, like be gay but be manly gay. if not, well, I will still support him, but would have preferred the manly gay.

• if any child of mine said they weren't, they would be in therapy and counseling sessions asap

• If i had a daughter, I'd probably prefer that she was a lesbian 😂

• Why, because it would turn you on? You're sick.

• Are you gay?

1 hot girl is hot for us, 2 hot girls kissing is FUCKING amazing...

• I'm sorry, but no, it doesn't turn me on. And I'm not gay either. Is the act if a girl being penetrated that turns me on--which girls can't do. Plus, guy and girl sex is just more natural.

• Honestly I hope they are straight, but if they don't I'll still love them regardless.

• i would hope so, but i would love them no matter what

• Ya, I'm not going to lie. First, much easier for their lives, and second, tbh, I don't really want my son painting his nails aND stuff like that, and I know most gay guys don't do that, but I've seen it, and it gives me chills

• It's not bad. I feel the same way.

• I hope are healthy and happy. That is all.

• Of course duh

• Honestly if I had a daughter that the was a lesbian i wouldn't have to worry about her getting preagnent and i feel as if lesbians are less likely to be violent to their partners

• Ideally they would be attracted to women but it doesn't matter that much really.

• It isn't bad. Honestly the only thing I'd hope is that they're healthy both physically and mentally. I do, however, view transgenderism as a psychological disorder which (for political reasons) we've opted to shame everyone else into playing along with instead of properly treating.

• Yep. Nice for the genes to pass on, rather than be wasted by an evolutionary dead end.

• Absolutely.

• More from Guys
    3