Do you think people who are good with kids are good with kids because they're a little childish themselves?

0|0
4|2

Most Helpful Guy

• A childish person isn't apt to take care of kids. But someone who's still in touch with their inner child, that's different, and I may agree with you.
    I'm great with kids, I love them, and that's maybe because I enjoy playing around with them, so yeah, I do let my inner child out when I'm with kids.

1|0
    0|0

Most Helpful Girl

• Not necessarily childish in a sense of genuine immaturity, but I do think people good with children understand children better. Children perceive the world differently than adults, and sometimes when we grow up, we forget that difference. I love children myself :D

1|0
    0|0
    • People say i'm good with children even though i disagree, but i definitely don't think i understand them lol

• Show All
    • A temper with adults doesn't translate to a temper with kids lol :p

• You might have a point lol

Although after some interaction with kids, i usually feel exhausted or awkward or weird or Lösung my patience, or everything at once.

What Guys Said 1

• I don't necessarily think so, although being a "child at heart" certainly can help when relating with children.

0|0
    0|0

What Girls Said 3

• No, I don't think that's necessarily the case.

1|0
    0|0
  • Childish implies a negative connotation for an adult. I prefer "still young at heart"

1|0
    0|0
  • No. Quite the opposite. They act like the children are adults. So they take them seriously. The child feels it's being taken seriously and tries to impress the adult. The person will refrain from using any disciplinary methods just because s/he is the grown up, or spoil the kid only because it's a kid.

0|0
    1|0
    • Not necessarily. "Good with children" implies the ability to balance both play (fun) and teaching (discipline).

• So? Taking a child seriously means one listens to the kid and reasons with him/her. Something many think it's unnecessary.

• Of course you have to take the child seriously. Unless its being unreasonable and is trying to manipulate the adult... Then that's when you gotta either show them you also have Fangs and class, or totally ignore them so they know their Manipulation methods don't work