Is it bad that I won't vote for anything or anyone when I turn 18?

I don't want to vote or get into democracy and crap like that. Is that bad thing because I honestly don't care of who is gonna become president and etc.

• Yes it is because...
  • No it isn't because...

Most Helpful Girl

• No thats fine. I dont vote either, not like our votes matter anyways...

Most Helpful Guy

• Yes because you aren't contributing to make the system better.

• HOW?

• By voting you make a contribution to putting in power that not only represents you but prevent a bad party from being elected.

Today is election day in Canada and I'm going to vote to protect the economy from massive spending.

• *to put in power the party

What Girls Said 11

• People have died to vote. They have even died for you to vote.

You also can't complain about politicians or politics if you don't vote.

• As long as you don't bitch, it's fine. My dad isn't registered to vote, but he also doesn't bitch about politics.

• Lol I honestly don't care about anything. So I won't bitch out for anything :P lol

• ... if things go bad, your vote could have made a difference along with all the others "who couldn't be bothered to vote".

• Well just think. If everyone said, "you know what? I don't really care about government, i'll let someone else pick." then you're letting other people control something that affects your life in a major way. So yeah, i mean, if you don't care about anything, I guess don't vote. But if you don't vote to make the country better, don't complain when it gets worse.

• It's kind of a legal thing. You HAVE to vote, it's a right yes, but it's not a choice.

It's illegal not to.

• your vote is important because it decides the future of your whole country, who will lead it, and what direction it will take. and if you think your vote doesn't matter it, it does, each vote, each person is one part of the whole. if you really don't like anyone there is an option to choose no one on the poll. this tells the cote counters and everyone else that simply no one running are good candidates. not voting at all won't get your opinion across.

• I say do what you want.

I won't vote either. All mexican politicians are crap. Seriously, no exceptions

• I don't blame you, all of those people lie sooooooooo much that it's impossible to get anyone's story straight, I tried to figure it out but most of it is above my head😐

• Every vote counts but if you don't care then you don't. I won't be voting anytime soon once I'm 18

• That's your choice but don't complain when shit hits the fan

• Well, politics literally controls all our lives. It's shooting yourself in the foot not to vote. Especially as a young person - right wing politicians whose policies are likely to hurt millennials rely on our demographic being disillusioned and apathetic about politics. It's not rebellious not to vote, it's playing into their hands. If you're dissatisfied with all the options you have to vote for at least spoil your ballot paper

What Guys Said 5

• 0|1
  • No it's not bad because you have the right to not vote...

• You don't just vote for president yknow. You vote for shit that actually matters in your city, state and country. Like levies and laws. You really should actively vote your interests or else only billionaires benefit and they will make your life shit

• By not voting you're expressing your opinion that neither candidate is worth voting for.

Ignore the people who tell you that you can't complain if you don't vote. Your right to complain is protected by free speech.

• Yes it is, because people like you put Hitler into power by doing nothing.