How old are you? What age do you consider older?

I find it odd when a 22-24 year old refers to someone 28 or 29 (in that case me) as older.
Technically speaking,
Even if I were a day older than these people (I'd be older by technical references).
However, lets put this aside for a moment.
People to considering someone 5-7 years as much older seems odd to me.
This person wasn't your age too long ago and can still relate to you.
I don't even consider a 35 year old as a older person.
I talk to that person as if we are the same age.
Usually when I say "older" it's in reference to someone 10-30+ years.

So, people I guess what I'm asking is how old are you? and typically what age do you consider "older?"

Typo!
I meant ***For people to consider someone 5-7 years as much older seems odd to me.

Most Helpful Guy

• I am 29, i consider 36+ older and 24- young.

This is how i see maturity and stages in life as far as my personal experiences with people and myself:

18-20 = Just learning to be an adult.. they may hold a teenie job or in college. This is a very savage time period as they're no longer teens but they are just learning about the world. Slowly realizing that they aren't that special, no one cares about their opinions and aren't the super star they thought they were.

21-24 = good times.. now they're interacting with people older than them. A lot of realization and "oh.. i should be less judgmental and black and white because everyone makes mistakes..." Finishing up college or striving to move forward from their first few years of employment. Vegas, trying new adult things and social fearlessness.

25-30 = Current reflection, have had some relationship experience... ideas about your partner switch from "who can i have fun with" to compatibility that goes beyond the fun. Career and self identity becomes intensified, no longer are you in that "this is be good enough" mode. $$

30+ = no idea. so.. i'll say 35+ is out of my dating age range. I'd imagine they'd want someone that's moved pass my stage.

• Interesting. Do you consider yourself young?

• Our whole view of young will change once again

• Lol, yes it will but i adore my 24-29 road... I had a lot of good times and moved through really interesting stages and still progressing.

Articles: I'd just google "things to expect in your 30's." I read a bunch of them and eventually you'll hear some stuff repeating.

"Funny thing is when we are in our late 30s to 40s we will say 29 is young"
      - totally.. but that's life right? As i tell stories of my life to older people, they just laugh "omg, i remember this..." and they shed wisdom.

lol, as i reflect, some of the things i thought and did in my early 20's are ridic. but hey, according to older people, my 2nd marriage is going to be awesome so i still have 1 divorce to get through :)

#pessimistichumor.

Most Helpful Girl

• When I was 21.. I thought 25 was SOOOOOOOOOOO old...

Now that I'm almost 25.. I hate that bitch.

What Guys Said 25

• im 25 and I think old is like 55+

actually what I contribute to being old, basically, is the person's physical/mental capabilities.

• Over 50 is getting old
    Under 30 is young - just practice before the real thing
    30-50 is the real deal - if you are going to do it, now's the time

Over 60 - hey you made it, grats, you win the game of life
    Over 70 - bonus points
    Over 80 - that's 40 - twice
    Over 90 - tough as nails - nobody can touch this
    Over 100 - I'm gonna smoke a big fat joint just for the fuck of it - gonna tell me I can't sonny?

I'll be hitting the big six zero in ten months, but I'm still jamin' and rockin

• So is 31-35 old?

• No that's still pretty young. I've done it almost twice. :)
      Not sure which time I liked it better. Maybe the second time.

You're still a young babe. Don't ever think otherwise. Keep the sparkle in your eyes and have fun. You can stay young forever.

• I'm 26, but I still can say that I'm 18. People will believe me. Older for me is 30 something.

• I'm 22 but older to me depends on where they are in life, 27 and above, and how they carry themselves or how mature they are. Like if a she's 28 but in a similar situation to me (school and part-time work) and she dress like girls my age, (which isn't a bad thing. I actually like that) if I hook up with her I wouldn't label her as an older women. But if she's 28 with her own house, kids, a career, lots of bills, etc. <- I'd call an older women when describing her to my friends.

• LOL according to this I am considered old... I am a firm believer that you are as old as you feel.

I don't feel old at all... matter a fact most 20-25 year old's that I have hired over the years can't keep up!

I am still good to go hard all day long no matter what I am doing!

• I'm 22 and consider 27 and up to be older. Sure it's only 5 years, but they have experienced more than me and are typically wiser.

Also 27 just sounds kinda old :/

• If 27 sounds old. Good luck to you. You'll be dead in a few years ;D

• "When you actually are old... you'll wish you were 22 again"

I know! 😭

• Lol nah I'm 22 and I don't think 27 is old. That's because I've experienced the real world outside of college university and have done a lot of different things. Once he works his real job he will realize 27 is still young.

• I'm 21 and despite sometimes I think I'm old I do know I'm not xD. But 29 isn't old at all, even 40 isn't old.

• Stacyzee.. you're not old. Women are so sexy in their late twenties and 30s. I believe 40 is when that youthful attractiveness starts to fade. Honestly nothing is more sexy than a sexy 30 year women walking past me with a tight business dress and heels. I get a fricken hardon.

I'm sort of in the same situation though. I feel so much older being 22 just starting undergrad.

• I'm 27 and feeling old compared to most people here because most people here are teens or in their early twenties.

if I speak about "older people" in general, and not just someone being older than me, then I'd say it's 50+
    you are 29 and wouldn't consider you older, you are the same age range as I am so if I just talk about older people who have more experience in life and such I'd say 40+

with me becoming older those numbers change of course

• When I say older I usually think of people in their late 30s and beyond. I don't think of them as old but most people at their late 30s and past are in very different stages of life from me.

• I'm 14.

I consider 16+ to be older, someone that I would view in a different manner then someone my age.

11 is younger, again someone that I would view in a different way then someone my own age.

12-15 year olds are who I consider to be my peers, I guess.

• Everyone is different. Some women will only date those within a few years of their age, others have a larger range and a small handful will date men more than twice their age.

Everything is relative too. A 5 year old girl is an adolecent to a 20 year old guy, but that same guy could be dating a 20 year old when he's 35 and not too many people would mind other than the parents and possibly the friends.

• My current human body is 26 years old. I treat every age group as an equal. The age of someone's body is different than the age of the soul. My spirit specifically I feel is timeless. I've always existed. That being said, I have complete amnesia of everything I've done before I entered this human body, LOL. I'm weird. <3

• Everything is relative. Compared to a 40 year old person, I am young. For a child, I am close to retiring. Take whichever appeals more to you :D

• 17 and old isnr anything, Age is number or excuses for some of em who use it as excuse to not do something

• I'm 31 & I think someone 40 & up would be considered older (to me). So ten years older is older. Lol

• 26, consider like 45+ as older

• I think we're old when we stop living. So anyone along those lines is considered old for me 😂

• So, if I'm 89 I'm young :D
      Could I still be your girlfriend?

• Hahaha do you want to be my gf? Ok let's be bf/gf 😂. See I've not changed after the age of 17 and I think I'm going to look like that for the rest of my life lol so keeping that in mind if someone is living/enjoying life id won't look at their age.

• I'm 26 and I consider 40+ to be older, 60+ to be old and 75+ to be very old.

• I feel like I'm 50.

• 35 and 60++

• From a purely technical standpoint a man lives to be 76 (U. S.), so 51 is old, a woman lives to be 84 so 58 for her is old. To me, to be "older" I'd say they have to be 25-30% older minimum. This 3-year shit from 21-24 difference being older is ludicrous. When they get to be 71 and 74 they won't feel any difference at all.

• I like to bang chics that are 10-15 years younger than me, lol!

• How old r u

• Ok then next time I will assume you're 45 because according to you its the same as 36

• yeah I'm not even close to 45 though I prob could stil date 20 year old chics lol

• 44, I don't feel old, I don't look old and most days I feel 15 years younger. I'm not too old for you darlin :P

• I don't consider u old but u r older.

44 is still young enough to keep up depending on the guy :D

• Depending on the guy yes and depending on the girl would be dependent on getting his daily snacks :P

What Girls Said 20

• Im 23. Not sure what you mean by "older" I consider people 30+ to be older than me but I won't refer to someone as an "older person" unless they're like older than my parents so 50s+

• I mean... if you were to speak, and you said "I was talking to a older person."
      Is that usually in reference to someone several years older than you? or decades?

• I am currently 21, I only say older when they're about 10 years older than me, like in another decade.

• Well I love how you think. I think anyone who is older than I... is just as it says older but I use it in comparison ie comparing two or more people. So lets say Jaime is 25 and Drew is 30, Drew is older than Jaime... but they are in the same age group , meaning not so far from each other.

• I'm 24 years old, and I see those in their 60s or older as old. Of course, that could even depend on their personality and mental status. I have a friend a year younger than me who acts like an old man with his thoughts, mannerisms, etc...

• I'm 17 and I refer to people that are 21 as older... Why? Because they can legally do thing that I can't do.

• I'm 31. I would consider old as someone older than me... not like old as in senior citizen, just older...

Now in terms of dating, that's probably a different story because people have a lot of personal, traditional, societal preferences and that can be really hard to break.

• I would say anyone within 3-5 years of my age to be "my age" outside of that they are older or younger.

• I'm 16 and I consider myself a granny

• I feel like that too. It's like, even if I'm young, I feel like I've done nothing compared to people of my age.

• i'm 33 and i usually consider people 15+ years apart as 'older.' of course, it would also depend on the persons mannerisms. if they are an energetic person and fairly relatable for instance, i'd find it difficult to see them as 'older.'

• I am 20 and I consider 60 and 70 older.

• I'm 22. I consider 50+ to be old.

• I'm closing in on 40. To me old is like over 65.

• 7-10 years depending on maturity level because I find maturity really influences how I see people

• i feel like the youngest of the "old" is 35 to 40, anything after age 40 is considered old

• I'm 18 and I'd consider late 20s-early 30s and up 'older'.

• Understandable because u r 18. Huge age difference at this point

• I'm 14 almost 15 and old to me is 50+ but also old is when you don't know how to have fun anymore.

• 15 and I consider 40 old

• I'm 19 older to me means 12 😂😂

Nah jk seriously, 5-6 years older than me so like 24-25

• I think it's because my bro ia 5 years younger than me, and it's just seems! like a huge age gap even when it probably isn't

• older is relative, like for example when you are 16, 26 seems like older even kind of old to you. But once i was past about 19 or 20 i realise that older is when the person is not in your actual generation or anyone around your parents age. so for me i am 25 to me you are not older but basically my age and someone would have to be at least 40 for me to consider them older. :)

• I'm 23 and consider older anyone who's 3 years older than me. Old, however, are people 10 or more years older than me.