My friend's family is giving a two week old kitten to a 1 and a half year old boy to play with. What do I do?

I was at my friend's house, and her brother got his 1 and a half year old todler a 2 week old kitten. It's so tiny and fragile. They have it locked in in the bathroom sleeping on a toilet roll...
The boy'd father brngs it out to play and he kind of supervises it. The father is trying to teach the boy to pat it and be gentle with it, but I left my friend's house hiding my tears because the little kid was hitting it and pushing it across the tiles. While the father kepts saying "no", he still kept trying to make him pat it. He's a baby. He doesn't knw and he's not going to learn at this age that he can't hit it.
What do I do? How do I save this kitten?

Most Helpful Guy

• Speak your mind. It is wholly inappropriate for a toddler to play with a newborn kitten like that. Consider contacting the authorities.

Most Helpful Girl

• They're stupid adults.
    I mean wow.

A one year old doesn't have the ability to know about DEATH or how much destruction he can cause this poor animal.
    I don't think there's much that you can do.
    The parents are so damn ignorant :(

What Guys Said 1

• If you're worried you can probably call an animal protection group or charity to act for advice, they're certainly more qualified to answer this question, and more likely to be able to help. Otherwise I suppose you could just kidnap the kitten.

What Girls Said 2

• A kitten that young shouldn't even be away from its mother. I would just "borrow" the kitten and take it home.

• The kitten should not even be away from the mother that age unless it was abandoned in which case it needs more then a toilet roll to sleep on and special milk.. it wouldn't and shouldn't be eating solids yet. I have worked for our local cat shelter and fostered kittens all ages. Is there a way you could maybe steal it even, have you got a container you could temporary put it in and hide it in your handbag or something? Id be looking at rescuing it personally, if not then educating that family.