Why do some people get real mad when we ask them something personal?

Like this one time I asked a colleague of mine how he takes showers cause trying to maintain his balance on a wet surface must be a bitch as one of his legs is too damn short (or the other one is too damn big, I don’t really know). Anyways, he got pissed at me, cursed me a bit and stopped talking to me for a while just because of this silly piece of personal info I was curious about.

No more opinions?

Most Helpful Guy

• Hahaha, people are really sensitive about their imperfections. I wouldn't have asked that question.

Most Helpful Girl

• Some people don't like to share details about their private life. They're afraid or ashamed of something, so they don't talk about it.
    Maybe he thought that you were questioning his hygiene habits.

• Well, to be fair, he actually smells like shit.

• Well, maybe that's why he got mad. He might know that he smells.

• Thank you for the MHO :)

What Guys Said 1

• Well no shit.

Your question was clearly insulting.

If someone has a physical deformity, and he very well could have difficulties doing daily simple tasks that others do not have trouble with, then you are putting their defects out there, pointing it out that is.

• The dude tries to run with his mismatched legs, it's like he's begging to be bullied.

• Still really no reason to be the one who bullies, you'd only make yourself look bad anyways.

What Girls Said 1

• Maybe the way asked was rude.

• No, it wasn't rude at all.