Willy Wonka and the Chocolate Factory or Charlie and the Chocolate Factory... Which Movie do you Favor Most?

Willy Wonka and the Chocolate Factory or Charlie and the Chocolate Factory...Which Movie do you Favor Most?

• Willy Wonka and the Chocolate Factory
  • Charlie and the Chocolate Factory
  • Eh... I'm indifferent to the gist of either movies
  • Boring
  • I can't decide. I like them both!
Sorry all. I had no idea this question was already asked. First time something like this happened to me Lol. You all don't have to answer if you all don't want to. :)

Most Helpful Guy

Most Helpful Girl

• I like them both because they're both REALLY good, like Willy Wonka and the chocolate factory has a good storyline plot because it's closer to the book, then Charlie and the chocolate factory has amazing graphic and dramatization, which is needed for a Roald Dhal book.

Overall I can't choose because I love both and couldn't choose between them, I'd rather make a speech on equality like this annoying girl did in my ProbL class, except it would be about Willy Wonka verse Charlie instead of Sparta and Athens...

What Guys Said 4

• The original is hilarious watching it as an older person. Wonka is fuckin crazy.

• I haven't seen the remake (technically a re-adaption of the book) so I can't comment on that but I really love the original and always have done. It was one of my favourites as a kid and it is now.

• You probably wouldn't want to see the re-adaption then

• I will probably give it a go eventually but I'm not sure what to expect.

• The first one was much better. I had high hopes for the remake but was disappointed.

• F) I never saw either one.

What Girls Said 9

• The classic Willy one will always hold a place in my heart, because it's the first one I saw... but I've seen the newer Charlie one and actually quite enjoyed the twists on the familiar tale. Charlie was perfect for the role, and Johnny Depp played such a disturbing Willy. I chose both!

• Gene Wilder all the way. What possessed Johnny Depp and Tim Burton to ruin a children's classic I will never know, nor what made Depp decide to play a creepy paedo character instead of an eccentric chocolate making billionaire. Not that they can't be one and the same but for the purposes of kids entertainment they shouldn't be.

• I love Johnny Depp, but his character this time did seem like a paedophile to me too.

• I like Depp too but yeah... he seriously missed the mark on this one.

• 1|0
  • I always thought 'Willy Wonka and the Chocolate Factory' was called 'Charlie an the Chocolate Factory'. I prefer Willy Wonka and the Chocolate Factory though.

• both seem horrible..

• Woah wait. They have different names, but are the same movie? Dafuq?

• Johnny Depp just sounds like a stoner surfer bum the whole time. The songs are a bit more fun in the remake, but the original will always be the best.

• So true. I agree

• I recently watched Amélie (a French movie on Netflix) and was pretty shocked to see major similarities between the main character and Johnny Depp's version of Wonka.

• Is that so? That brings up some questions

• Willy! I think its because the movie is such a classic.

• Johnny Depp wins for me