If a waiter dipped his thumb on your soup (when he was serving it) would you mention it or pretend nothing happened out of politeness?

• don't mention it out of politeness...
  • mention it...

Most Helpful Girl

• I mean if it was an accident while he was picking it up I really wouldn't care.

If he dunked his thumb down into the center of the bowl, quite on purpose, then I might say something.

Why, are you planning ways to seek revenge on irritating customers? d:

Most Helpful Guy

• I would mention it but in a polite way. What most people don't understand about food prep, is that people touch your food from the moment it is grown/raised. Think about it, when you cut a stalk of celery, you have to hold it with one hand, and most chefs don't use gloves all the time. It's not practical to change gloves all day and they get in the way. That is what washing your hands is for. (I was a cook by the way)

However, the reason I would mention it is that most people will have a problem with it. Food is all about taste and presentation. It could taste grate, but the moment she put her thumb in it, the presentation went out the window. People aren't going to appreciate it, so she WILL have issues with other people. I would hate for her to run into someone who really hurt her feelings, or every has her fired, when she made a mistake. She needs to learn not to do it, before she has a really crappy event.

What Girls Said 6

• Considering how I'm a germaphobe, I would have to mention it. Lol? It depends on a couple of other factors though. If he/she has been an awesome waitress who's kind and helpful then I would make up an excuse to get another bowl of soup. If the waitress had been sucky, then I would honestly tell them, "I noticed your thumb was in my soup so I'm not comfortable consuming that." Then I'd honestly probably just leave or not reorder because I know how petty and easily butt-hurt some waitresses/waiters get then mess with people's food.

• I would also add something along the lines of "I'm not comfortable paying for that but I have no problem paying for my drink and the appetizer *if there was one.*"

• I'll mention it, I'd feel disgusted eating it especially if I paid for it.

• Mention it and order something else or He'll just bring you the same finger tainted soup.

• I am gonna mention and demand a fresh order. I am paying for it after all.

• Oh yea he'll now about it.

• Mention it. There's no way I'll eat it.

What Guys Said 7

• It would depend. If I would cause a scene, I'd probably ignore it but if the entire digit or most of it went into the soup - then fuck that guy.

• Tough to say. He'll most likely hock a loogey in your next bowl of soup...

• unless their hand is absolutely disgusting, i really don't care. i eat stuff off the ground. i also grew up on a farm. germs and dirt won't kill you. but how exactly does the person's thumb get into the bowl in the 1st place?

• when u hold a bowl... u can easily dip yer thumb on purpose... heh...

• if he did i to be a dick, then yeah, i'd probably say something then. but usually they have it on a platter/tray.

• Definitely mentioning it.

• I wouldn't bother

• I'd walk out after mentioning it, because s/he will finger fuck your next soup for sure

• what ever you do that guy is kinda a douchebag