Is it okay for a black dude to wear a Nazi uniform for Halloween? Or would it be considered an act of racism or something similar?

Most Helpful Guy

• I have no issues with how anyone dresses or anything, but I would warn them that people might get offended and do something to them.

Most Helpful Girl

• My neighbor is white and dressed up as a KKK member, ran up and down the streets yelling "White power!"
    people laughed, got selfies with him and he took a selfie with a black guy that went up to him

• but to answer your question, its fucking Halloween. No one should give a shit and if they do then they're probably a little bitch.

What Guys Said 14

• Why does the color of his skin affect whether it is a racist act?

• I think we all should wear Nazi uniforms. Not just at Halloween, but all year round. It can't be racist if we all do it.

• It's just a costume, I think it would actually be pretty funny.
    It's like when Dave Chappelle (black man) dressed as a member of the KKK for a sketch on TV, I think that was hilarious.

• Racist? Perhaps, stupid? I would say so.

May I ask what Nazism has to do with Halloween?

• The Nazi uniform is meant to be a costume, you know.

• I thought Halloween costumes consisted of witches, devil's, frankenstein, you know that kind of theme. Not Nazi uniforms etc, etc..

• If a black guy wants to put on a German (and not nazi) uniform of the 40's, he should do that in a reenactment event with the correct uniform insignia that was used by black volunteers in North Africa.

• Probably a way to get into serious troubles. There are stuff that are so terrible that will not be accepted by the general public.

• I'd say, don't do it.

• What does this have to do with being black?

And besides that, it's Halloween. You can dress up as a Nazi, heck, you can dress up as Stalin. I wouldn't care.

• it would probably ok

• Oh the satire it could have.

• I'd applaud him for doing that. Shows he's a cool guy with a good sense of humour.

• Black people can't be racist so its ok

• But its anti semitic

• Are you fucking kidding me? Black people CAN be racist too.

• It would be seen as an act of provocation by Jews and many others. Why do it?

• Because why the fuck not?

• OH, so your neighbor's house burns down, and you don't GAF? you are a discredit to humans everywhere. EVERYTHING impacts EVERYTHING.

• I'm still not giving a single fuck.

• I dressed as a slave auctioneer one year and I thought it was pretty funny. Other people, not so much, which is so weird because one guy was dressed as Osama Bin Laden, and another was dressed as Fidel Castro, talk about hypocrites, everyone got mad at me for being a slave auctioneer but were completely fine with Osama Bin Laden and Fidel Castro running around, idiots. At this point I do politically incorrect stuff just to piss off those hypocrites.

What Girls Said 9

• A Nazi is still a Nazi regardless of who's under the costume. I don't know any Jewish people, but I'm quite sure they'd take offense.

• Nazis killed black people too.

• I know, which I guess would be somewhat of comical relief? I don't know, just because it happened to black people doesn't mean it wouldn't be any less offensive to anyone else. I'm sure most people would find the humor in it, but there's others that would not. Personally I don't think anyone should be dressed as anything that has a racist history attached i. e doing black face, dressing like the KKK, a racist Asian costume etc. Those things have nothing to do with Halloween, so I don't see the point.

• It's not okay for ANYONE to wear a Nazi uniform for Halloween. Fucking disgusting.

• Well it's not okie for anyone to wear from really according to the goverment... which i find silly because they seem to be giving America a helping hand to help bomb these other countries... : lol, it's just another dumb thing, of course i don't know why you would want to dress as a Nazi seeing as how the Germany army have always had such a "colorful" record hehe :D.

• First, if you are comfortable wearing a WW II German Military Uniform, then go ahead. Just be aware there are many who wear their feelings out in the open and love to make a show of such things. If you encounter such a person, kindly tell them to mind their own and apologize if necessary, hopefully in private so they are not rewarded for making a scene as so any seem to desire. Remind them it is only a Halloween costume which you intended to be fun, not to make a political statement!

Second what you refer to as a Nazi Uniform is really a WW II Germen Military Uniform which there were many different variations of; Navy, Army, AIr (Force) plus other variations of each.

Third Technically the Nazi's were an extreme right wing political faction who came to power preceding WW II, basically taking over the entire German Government. So the uniform represents the Country, Germany not the Nazi political party.

• No, it's not. There's nothing funny on wearing a Nazi uniform, unless you're one.
    Plus, this is a serious subject and he wouldn't survive if he lived on that time.

• It's inappropriate for absolutely everyone on this planet to wear a Nazi uniform

• I think it's ridiculous for anyone to wear that.

• It's stupid. Very stupid...

• Alright. Why do you think it's stupid?

• And?

• You do know the history behind the nazis and hitler amd having killed thousands of people, right?
      It's nothing to make fun of. Even wearing a nazi costume is disrespectful.

• Is he going to be a Nazi zombie or something? Some people might think it's racist, yeah.