In your opinion - Who were the ancient "Gods" from various myths, legends and holy books?

• They were only figments of some lunatic's imagination :D
  • They were invented by the rulers - to control people by imposing them religious rules ☺
  • They were just Fairytale characters 8)
  • They were personifications of natural forces, used as the paragons of virtue :*
  • They were Aliens who managed to deceive people into thinking they are Gods or manifestations of the "one God" :)
  • They were creatures from another dimension ;)
  • They were the real Gods :P
Just a note to Anonymous Female (18-24) on the bottom comment - You don't know what you are talking about, mythology is my speciality, I know much more than you do, but you obviously don't have a clue about anything, so there is no point discussing with ignorant people like you, by the way - blocking won't save you from the truth ;)

Most Helpful Guy

Most Helpful Girl

What Guys Said 12

• Primitive men didn't understand much about nature, birth, illnesses , death, thus they looked for an answer and they came with the easiest answer, they called it 'god'
    Then they sought a justification to make people kill each other

cdn2-b.examiner.com/.../...3a8c7dfbadf99c5083d.jpg

http://i57.tinypic.com/2lwn3t3.jpg

And they wrote it all in 'holy books'

http://i61.tinypic.com/b5qyxi.jpg

And those books look a lot alike:

4.bp.blogspot.com/.../...islamographic-d53bnx6.jpg

• None and all of the above. It is simply humanity's inability to think for itself.

• Well there's a big difference here. If you want to be simplistic then you could just overlook everything and make sweeping assumptions like "God doesn't exist". There's a big difference between the many pagan Gods of creatures within the universe compared to the one monotheistic God.

This is a big question you're asking but i feel as though you're only looking for simple answers for confirmation bias

• It doesn't matter whether they have one or many gods, they are all just some sort of imaginary friends :)

• Brilliant approach to a complicated question

• Thanks :D

• Most likely creatures from some other dimension, Lol :P

• I dont see how Aliens are so far fetched. I mean just look above you

• They were the excuses of mistakes :D

• the old gods were normally nature personified

• I think all gods in history come down to the same singular god. The multiple gods several beliefs in the past had are either one and the same god being split into a more human-form (just look at greek-mythology) in order to grasp the complexity of an omniscient and omnipotent existence AND/OR angels being mistaken as gods.

• A mix of A, B and C I think...

• Angles or icons or important people they made statues of them then after centuries people started worshiping those things

• they were glorified humans. and other times demons. only Christ was God.

• LoL, right :P

• no person gets sacrificed for hallucinations dear. read about the bios of the first centuries christian martyrs and decide for yourself if people gave their ife for nothing. and halucinations dont heal your whole body cancer honey.

• Yeah, right, Ancient "Gods" healed people too - in fairy tales, just like the bible and other later "holy books" :P
      Lunatics sacrifice people to their hallucinations ;)

• It is my belief they were exaggerated versions of the real life giants and fallen angels from the Bible.

What Girls Said 5

• I haven't really thought that much about it but from what I remember they used weather as a threat constantly on people

• I believe it as since people couldn't explain a lot of natural disasters, misfortune, disease, etc. They came up with gods to simplify things to make it easier to understand. Along with how people couldn't keep up with everyone back then. So if you say a god will smite you for any bad behavior. They really couldn't disprove it back then. So it kept more people in line. Since they were to afraid to see what would happen.

• I think the general academic consensus is D, no?

• Probably Aliens :P

• It's pretty obvious that they were personification of natural occurrences and things the could not be explained in life in Greek mythology
    It was the Romans who personified the Greek gods when they ruled over Greece

• Actually, Greeks had personified gods even before the Romans... Roman Empire has copied Greek gods and identified them as their versions of gods.

• I'm not sure why you are telling me that when I was answering your question

• It's obvious you don't know what you are talking about