Biggest lesson you learned in 2015?

As 2015 is slowly coming to an end, I was wondering what some of your biggest lessons learned were :) one of mine is to not take people for granted

Most Helpful Guy

• Be selfish. Unless you have someone important in your life, be selfish, cause no one's gonna give you shit, especially life, life is not gonna give you anything unless you're selfish.

Most Helpful Girl

• When things feel like they're changing for the better, it's just building up to make you fall harder.

What Guys Said 26

• Don't do drugs

• don't get too attached to someone that isn't yours

• there's still hope. #liberalmajority

• My lesson is that I hate working on Pratt & Whitney Canada jobs. I'm miserable and I...
    https://youtu.be/bOR38552MJA

• Without money life on earth sucks so strive to make more of it.

• I learned to pull myself together and start set things in motion.

• Money doesn't necessarily equal happiness...

• That was my lesson.

• @Sammy256 Yeah, I don't know about you but I've been working my butt off, and money's been pretty decent, but having less responsibilities and more rest and relaxation, free-time, and more of a social life would round everything out nicely... doesn't help when people don't always seem to appreciate your hard work either. :/

• In your profession, TRUST NO ONE. People will take credit for your ideas.

• That I can change I've stopped being a party animal drinking only ones a month to relax (instead of 4 nights a week). Also lost 66lbs and paid off 20k on my student loans

• Friends come and go.

• To never love anyone again
    And to never care again unless I know they won't break my heart

• No feelings. No pain

• That I can do anything I want to do. All I need to do is give myself a big kick in the... one or the other. ;)

• I've learned that my boss is an asshole, and that I need to find a new job.

• Never eat more than four burgers from McDonalds. Unless you want a great bond with your toilet to be created.

• I learnt how to deal with emotional problems, pressure and to hold my head high.

• I do it for the karma

• Work hard, and you'll get there.. no matter how impossible it looks

• dont miss ur bus on exam day

• I should try more things.

• Crushes can drive a man crazy (see my question)

• got this quote from Elliot Hulse this year: "Pain is a beautiful thing, challenge is what life is about, life without challenge, life without pain, is a life without growth, and when there is no growth, there is stale, stagnant energy, and thats where most people live, because most peoples lives are designed around tredding a path that is void of challenge, the minute they recognize challenge or pain, they move the other way, this is a primal instinct, and it's normal and natural, but a weak perspective, most people are bored if you ask them what do you think about your life? oh same old same old, every single day, same shit, different day, things of this nature, thats because they're living their lives in a lie that is shrouded in comfort, it doesn't exist, their not challenged, their not growing, their bored and their better off dead, your aliveness is found in your pain, embrace it, love it, and grow from it" Elliot Hulse
    Probably the most powerful words of wisdom i've heard in a long-ass time now

• when an opportunity presents itself, take it. Don't wait for something better.

• That GAG gets more and more trolls every day

• And does nothing about it

• Sometimes an error in judgment that seemed right at the time will come back to bite you and take years to reverse, if ever.

• The United Still is over because nobody wants it anymore.

What Girls Said 19

• Letting go of some people and some things is necessary in life.

You can't always get what you want, life ain't a wish granting factory.

• Ladies at work will steal the best tables.
    Dudes at work will steal your tips.

I need to study more.
    Organic chemistry.

• I learned I'm a lesbian. I learned I want to be a geneticist. I didn't learn any major life lessons though

• I learned that I need to do what I want and what I think it's the best for me. Instead of doing what others expect me to do. No one's gonna live my life for me.

• Never lose hope, things can change after all.

• That if you do want a drastic change in your life, sometimes you really have to get out of your comfort zone and start over again from zilch. Like every new beginning, it's hard. But I've also learned that I'm strong enough for that.

• this was a really cool year for me so I'd say that I learned that great things happen when you decide to take a step and get off your comfort zone. If we want things to happen, then we need to do something about it, sure it can be a little challenging in most of the cases, but is always good to try new things and prove yourself that you can reach your goals if you work hard :)

• When in doubt, have sex

• No one is going to save you but yourself. So get on your big girl panties and get to work.

• I learned not to trust people so easily and to think before making decisions right away. :)

• Burning bridges are essential for my future.

• it's better to ignore and not waste time

• Don t argue with your architecture instructors,
    They ll fail you the course...

• Rum and carrot juice don't go well together

• better late than never but earlier is better

• Not to fall in love

• Life is a bore. I have accomplished nothing this year, literally nothing.

• I learned that men are assholes and full of shit. Also I learned how to spend my money wisely

• I've had a rough year with my health and I've learned that as tough as times have been for me, my friends and my family have been nothing but be 110% supportive, have given me their time, financial support, have given me an ear to vent, have given me a hugs and support when I was breaking. I've learned the true meaning of what it is to love someone unconditionally, through the good and the bad. As much as this year has sucked, knowing what I know now, it is definitely a lesson I needed to have gone through and been a part of and a lesson I will take into my future.