If your WORK refused to give you a day that you really NEEDED OFF would you still skip work to go?

Or would you work it?

Most Helpful Girl

• If i really needed the day off, yes i would take it off...

Most Helpful Guy

• My 'cruel' ex-manager had refused to grant me leave to attend my dad's funeral. I just stuck up my middle finger in his face, yelled at him "My dad is more important to me, fire me if you wish.", and skipped work. Thankfully, nothing went wrong. That manager resigned from the company a month later, though.

• wow, that manager was a total dick man.

• @ihatework

That he was. I'm glad he quit the job a month later. The new manager who was appointed in his place, turned out to be a kind and gentle man.

What Girls Said 14

• I'd go to work.

• Depends what it is for. If it's a family related issue, then I'm going to skip work anyways. If i'm sick as a mongoose then i'm going to take the day off anyways, otherwise i see no other valid reason to want to have a day off unless i feel lazy in general. But i can be lazy on the weekends so yeah lol

• That happened to me. I requested a day off for an important event two weeks in advance. Basically they called me and said we need you to work the day you requested off. I was pissed but, since I never request off, I said fuck that. Then when the day came... I faked sick to ditch work.

• Go to work with a frown

• I did skip it, actually. I had a doctor's appointment and an exam but they thought I was lying. I called in sick.

• I'd skip work. I don't take off unless it's urgent, plus my work time depends on the students, not the centre 😂 so screw them lol.

• I have pretty understanding coworkers, so even if my manager refused it for whatever reason, I'd be able to get a coworker to cover with me or switch shifts at least.

• I certainly would, priorities.

• If you really need that day off - quit your job.

• If it's extremely important I would and not care if they fire me. Since I rather work for a place that is understanding when it comes to emergencies.

• LOLOL i would let them know very nicely that I need this day off and regardless I will not be coming in that day. I would give them more than enough notice as well XD if i need the day off, i'm getting it off. I have a life.

• if i really needed it off i'd skip

• Uhh work it, i would be smart and not loose my job

• would I no I'd go in, in looking for something else anyway tired of bs. . been there 8 year's

What Guys Said 12

• i skip the asking for a day off process. if they deny it and then you call off anyway it'll result in a write up. if i know i need a day off for whatever reason i'll just call off and be done with it. i don't care about a point on my attendance.

• depends on why I need it. if the job is being unreasonable id probably resign.

• What do I need it off for? If it's an emergency or a funeral and I was told no then first I'll see if anyone else can cover and I'll cover for them later and if it's still a no then too bad I'm taking it off. If it's cause I wanna just hang out or go someplace just like that then no I'll go to work.

• Nope, I always work first, i imagine I will however if i get a family and make that my number 1 priority

• Depends. Is it really something major, like a wedding or a funeral? Or something that's just important to you, like seeing friends or whatever? Either way you've already asked about it and got denied so if you call out they will know the reason for it. Better hope they have relaxed attendance policies.

• depends on if my work can tolerate a write up

• Fuck them, I'm going.

• What if they fire you?

• They quite honestly can't afford to. There is already too much work and not enough people to do it.

• i would skip work. they can't fire you for missing one day.

• I'd pull a Costanza

• if I really need it I call in sick and deal with what ever consequences when I get back

• I would skip even if I would get fired.

• If it's a serious emergency then yes. If they can't accept a serious emergency, then they need to rethink their hiring policies and I would apply for unemployment.

But if it's just for something like wanting to go to a concert, then no. Concerts will always occur, you don't have to go THAT day

• What if you paid for it already and no refunds?

• It's still your job. It's not worth risking your job over