Gagers, why are parents more protective with their daughters than their sons?

Most Helpful Guy

Most Helpful Girl

• Because of the stereotypes produced as a result of society deeming men as less emotional and strong. And girls as soft and sensitive.

What Guys Said 16

• Because, as children (and even as adults), females have a tendency to be less assertive and submissive to authorities. In fact, it seems that many women actually are sexually aroused in situations in which they have little control. (This is why things like 50 Shades of Grey are so popular.) So, this means that sometimes a female needs an intervening 3rd party to give advice or help her be more assertive or to protect her.

Boys are usually assertive to begin with.

• True and thanks for answering

• Us guys are wolves and girls are sheep

• Thanks for answering

• @blondfrog
      That's exactly why lol besides most of the meat is in the legs, thighs, stomach, breast and we hungry as hell xD

• Its all makes sense now XD

• Their sons can't get pregnant.

• True and thanks for answering

• Women are viewed physically as the weaker sex, predators are usually cowards looking to prey upon the weak.

• I'm not saying women are weak at all, I'm just saying in general men do tend to be larger and stronger than women.

With that said, women like this do exist s-media-cache-ak0.pinimg.com/.../...bb1f2b71bc.jpg but more men look like this than women.

Women tend to be stronger emotionally, men are stronger physically in general.

• Oh ok and thanks for answering

• Because daughters get pregnant, and are a WAY higher rate to get sexually assaulted. :-D

• Yeah and thanks for answering

• Maybe because men are seen as stronger and are seen to be holding their own or something (sort of nonsense but yeah)

And all the rape, kidnap reports, doesn't make it easier

• Yeah true and thanks for answering

• Even though I believe in equality, even without thinking I'd be doing the same thing.
      If I'd be your dad. At home before 10 pm, I don't want my daughter's picture in the Newspapers.
      I'd be be killing your potential boyfriends with a deadly stare

This world is f'd up, and has a lot of f'd up people in it. But the violence, the kidnapping, it can just also happen to males, but still

• I've noticed its usually the mom who is more protective over her son than daughter and for the dad he is more protective over his daughter than the son.

• Oh and thanks for answering

• do i get a milky bottle now? :D

• both my parents are more protective of me than my big brother, but i think it's also for the fact that he can somewhat protect himself, whereas i can't at all

• Girls are more adorable and softer than boys, so parents protect them more. Boys are much rougher and rugged so parents don't protect then that much.

• boys typically don't cry when their friends don't text them back :/

• Oh and thanks for answering

• lol, thanks for axing ~ marshawn lynch (2013)

• Their sons can't get pregnant.

• True and thanks for answering

• Have a son you worry about one penis
    Have a daughter you worry about all the people penisis

• Last I heard, sons can't get pregnant.

• Thanks for answering

• You're welcome.

• Well it should be a known fact that the majority of women are physically weaker than men. So doesn't it make it sense to want to protect the more vulnerable gender?

Also in terms of sex and being pregnant, carrying the child is a harder thing to deal with.

• Yeah true and thanks for answering

• I'm in the minority in height (5'11), strength and fighting skills but even with that advantage I still wasn't allow to go to mixed sleep over party some time ago.

• All of your height, strength and fighting skills mean nothing if someone drugs you or if you're against a group of people.

@MelbaB

• Because their daughters are more vulnerable, both physically and emotionally.

• Yeah and thanks for answering

• Beause men can take care of themselves better than women can.

• Because guys are more prone to take advantage of girls, so girls need more protection.

• Yeah true and thanks for answering

What Girls Said 13

• My sister is protective over my niece and nephew. She tends to be more protective over my nephew even tho he's older because he's more dependant. My niece is very independent and advanced for her age

• Maybe because girls can get knocked up and boys can't?

Plus maybe they feel like more people would try to take advantage of girls than they would with boys?

• Yeah and thanks for answering

• One mistake (even with protection, that can fail too) and the girl not only gets pregnant but she's left alone with the baby. That's typically the reason.

• Yeah and thanks for answering

• Not too long ago, I was out with a group of my friends, and it was completely dark. We were on this street when this drunk dude came walking towards us, from distance he looked like a zombie with the way he walked. Yeah.. we got scared and ran the other way, better to be on the safe side lol

• Lol oh and thanks for answering

• I've been told because with a son you only have to worry about one swinging dick. With a daughter you have to worry about every swinging dick.

• Yeah true and thanks for answering

• For those who are pointing out sexual abuse, it happens to both genders are more prevalent of kids.
    As for the question, it does correlate with abuse but I think it can be also due to stereotyping mixed with parental love.

• Oh ok and thanks for answering

• girls are more "at risk" compared to boys
    that's why my parents would never let me out past sunset growing up...

• Oh ok and thanks for answering

• girls suffer more in life and are held to such expections. Parents are more protective because they know how much a girl can suffer and want to prevent that as much as they can

• True and thanks for answering

• Thanks for asking this. I needed to know as well because my parents are overprotective of me and I hate it. I'm 27 years old and they are still overprotective of me and I just want to punch them in the mouth sometimes.

• Lol yeah and thanks for answering

• Girls are more 'vulnerable' I guess.

• Because parents think girls are the easier target, which they can be. They wanna protect them more, they don't worry about their sons because they assume they can protect them selves.

• daughters can get pregnant while sons can run away from his baby mama

• Yeah and thanks for answering

• Completely untrue. I am more protective of my son than my daughter. My mom was always more protective of her boys than her girls. So this stereotype is not all that true at all.