Do you believe in zodiac signs?

Keep seeing questions here, people using signs to describe others. So do you? 😛

Most Helpful Guy

Most Helpful Girl

• I learned that how the stars align are not our business, it doesn't affect us. Our personality is based on us, not the signs.

But yeah, occasionally when I'm bored I'd read it. It's fun to read, then I'd forget them.

• Thank you (:

• Astrology is the language of the stars, with its own alphabet and grammer ( mysterious vocabulary). Before you can read its wisdom about matters great and small, you first have to learn to speak the sky's language.

• It's not for everyone

What Guys Said 19

• Nope, I do not believe in zodiac signs at all.

I think it is kind of like this: Derren Brown's "Astrology."
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=haP7Ys9ocTk

You can tell people general descriptions and many people will believe them.

• Interesting. I think I saw awhile ago on buzzfeed they did something like that too.
      I don't believe in it either. :p

• It's a working progress..

• @loved2blovedbyu If you feel astrology and star alignments or whatnot make you happy, go for it. It is good that you are happy from it.

For the reasons stated, I do firmly believe astrology is not true. But like also stated, it is an impossible thing to disprove beyond a shadow of a doubt. I can only look at the evidence presented before me and interpret it as strong evidence (human psychology, the video above, the video linked below w/ pervertedjester, and what not) that astrology is a lie.

Because I do know about the psychology behind it through independent studying on my own and psychology classes at college, I would take no pleasure in studying astrology.
      In my mind at least, I have the puzzle figured out already when it comes to "mystery" behind astrology. In my head, the mystery's answer is that there is no mystery.

But alas, I'm afraid we are at an impass. There's nothing I'll say that'll convince you and there's nothing you'll say that'll convince me.
      So, good day to you :)

• Maybe there is something to it...

• There is trust me, I've spent 3 years of my life devoted to research. If there wasn't something to it, I wouldn't still be at it, there's just a lot to know

• *Freud's Theory

• Cool, me too :D

• Not really
    I had read some in newspapers and I'm like "yeah that's true"
    But I don't really believe in it though

• I don't think your birth date has any correlation with your personality traits. Traits are just a description of a chunk of behavior in a given context anyways, it is only partially descriptive.

• Ben Franklin wrote of Astrology, and I quote: "Oh the wonderful knowledge to be found in the stars. Even the smallest things are written there... If you had but skill to read."

• No. They're fun to read, but they are not to be taken seriously.

• no not at all lol. if I'd say what I think about it I'd probably offend the people who believe in them :P

• lol, didn't stop anyone else. xD

• *Learn to accept

• My job is not to convince you or anyone else, but I will continue to discover the secrets to the Universe so long as I keep searching for the answers. I won't be letting any of you sway my decision, or give up. You are very much entitled to your own opinion, as I am mine. Good day.

• Lol nope it's all a crock of crap, but it is interesting to read about.

• @Pheonix98 you do realize your username is the Pheonix right? It's the mythological bird in Astrology representing the Scorpio "rising from the ashes"

• @loved2blovedbyu yes I am quite aware of its true mythological origin. And it's simply a pen name and a name I use for personal reasons having nothing to do with its mythological nature that I don't believe in anyway.

• no. their advice is so fucking generic, it's laughable. it's like saying to someone they're gonna breathe air tomorrow.

• Omg, birth charts with time of birth is more accurate then anything I have ever known, you people just don't get it

• I'm near expert level

• Well, I got a lot of work ahead of me, but I don't play sooo

• I am nothing like my Zodiac sign, so no. Also why should when I am born dictate my personality? I am far above the so-called zodiac.

• Aren't you a Scorpio?

• Oh, haha, so sorry bout that, my sincerest apologies 😕

• @loved2blovedbyu Didn't I literally just say I was not a Scorpio? Now you are just messing with me. This conversation is over.

• It's more of a interesting thing for females, i've noticed girls warm to it more.
    zodiac signs have no real meaning in society.

I mean you got sun sigm, then your ascendant, moon and planetaray houses, a leo may have libra or taurus traits , if they had other influences in other houses, which is why you need a full natal chart with the D. O. B

• Do we? I look at zodiac things sometimes because I think it's cute, but I don't really believe it. :p

• Totally false, I have more male clientele

• It would be nice. But you gotta question everything that applies to everyone. So No, I don't believe in them or anything. Never trust anything with a Lie in the middle of it. (Be-Lie-Ve)

• It's an AstroLOGICAL birth chart that's truly telling of the person

• Well it's got something to it alright, it's ANCIENT history, yes we evolve as humans but fact is this: Astrology is still around

• The horoscopes are generalized, but still fitting, that video is not up to date, we've progressed and evolved since then. Horoscopes are more accurate today then ever, it helps that we're in transition into the "Age of Aquarius" that being said, technology has improved significantly. An actual birth chart with times, dates, location, latitude, longitude, etc all taken into consideration, is an individual report, not a generalized horoscope. These are accurate if you know your exact time of birth, it's telling of the planetary placements, or "celestial bodies" where they were at, what degrees they were in, at your exact time of birth

• No I most certainly do not.

• Nope they are just false estimations

• You can honestly read all the zodiac signs and somehow relate to all of them.

• Its bunch of lies if you ask me. Especially to make money.

• No, it's informative

• @loved2blovedbyu

I don't know if you know this but they did a test where people got fooled. It's called power of persuasion. You tell them what you want them to hear or what they think they should hear. My sis spent thousands of dollars on them pyschics and stuff and for what? Debt and false hope. It did not go so well.

• I do my homework... I'm sorry that happened to your sis, but I know my shit

• I believe there a good filter for getting rid of people that are insane.

• Not personally. The idea that if you're born during a certain month is just ridiculous.

• Does anyone ever say "I sound nothing like my sign!" I don't ever hear that one!

• Exactly, because even though signs are a generalization, it's case studies after case studies after cases studies dating as far back as Ancient times, with calculations and precision

• That's Mars in Scorpio for ya... fight to the death

• @loved2blovedbyu I have no idea what you just said! lol 8H? and are you saying you have Scorpio traits? not quite following you

• Not at all. I'm a Libra, but I don't fit many of the Libra characteristics at all.

What Girls Said 12

• Nope. Not anymore. I used to be really into all that astrology stuff when I was like 13/14, but over the years I slowly realized that basically it's all bullshit. It would be nice if it was all real, I mean, life would be easier, you could know for sure what you're like (cause sometimes I'm like WHO AM I? 😱), know what to expect in the future, know how compatible you are with your love interest, etc... But unfortunately it's not real, makes no sense. How stars align does not affect us.

• hmm.. yeah.. I never believed in it, but I think it's fun to read sometimes.

• To an extent. I don't think it's happenstance that so many random strangers from all over the world who have never even met each other find themselves relating to astrological descriptions of themselves and their relationships.

• Nah, don't believe in all that. I believe that your personality is factored by your upbringing and personal experiences, not by a star sign.

• I like to read about it, because some of it is surprisingly not as inaccurate as you might think.

I am a virgo by the way and no I am not a clean freak or that organized too lol

But the rest I'd say it quite applies.

• Sure, I do, but not in newspaper horoscope, only in natal horoscope (personalized).

• not much,. and daily horoscope.. not at all

• I do sometimes, not all the time, it's not something I invest a lot of time in.

• no. its vague so everyone fits in. once you get to compatibility and who your friends should be I just quit reading.

• No. I just enjoy reading information about it from time to time. It's interesting anyway.

• No, I don't. But that doesn't mean that they can't be fun to see how you and others measure up to the stereotypes of your sign. I've been into that stuff for a while. :)

• I do but people need to understand its not just your sun sign. You also need to know your venus, mars, rising etc. You can't just look at your sun sign and it not seem accurate and brush it off like many people do. I had a birth chart done when i was born and reading through it, its accurate. I wouldn't live my life by it though, its just interesting and sometimes makes you see things from a different perspective.

• No it's all rubbish.