What are the advantages of being ugly?

Obviously there are heaps of advantages of being attractive. But do you think there are any advantages of being ugly? What exactly are they?

Most Helpful Guy

• No unwanted attention from "creepers"
    If a someone actually loves you then they'll love you for who you are not just cause you're a pretty face.

Most Helpful Girl

• • Ugly people aren't generally superficial.

• You won't have heaps of people attracted to you, this you won't gain unwanted attention from strangers.

• Peoole will judge you based on your talents and personality, rather than just your looks.

• If someone does happen to love you, they will love you for so much more than just your looks, and that love will have the chance to be genuine.

Looks are not everything despite our society being so obsessed with them. "Unattractive" people can still succeed in life without looks, contrary to popular belief.

What Guys Said 45

• When someone is interested in you, you know that it's not because of your looks xD. This can be kinda an advantage.

• free from the shackles of society to do whatever the fuck you want because you don't have to appeal to their standards.

• There is only one and that's for scaring people on Halloween night besides that there are none.

• there aren't many really. the only one I could think of is that people leave you alone. no sexual harassment.
    for girls, it means the guy really likes you for more than looks. that could be a disadvantage for guys, especially successful ones.

• Let's be honest here
    Ugly people have shitty personalities too
    Some of the worse people I have known have been the ugliest

The best people I have met in my life have all been attractive.

I don't know I can't relate to ugly people I guess ( sorry if I sound like a conceited asshole)

• lol, most attractive people are assholes too

• @imanf7 :p shhhh!
      stop asking questions! lol! :)
      yeah a good amount of people think so

• haha okay :p

• less dick pics!

• that's a good one xd

• @Pale_Kitten I guess that depends on the girl :P
      they might be rare but I've seen girls saying they enjoy receiving them haha

• - No kids
    - No wife
    - No family
    - Nothing to tie you to and use anything against you
    - Has a higher chance of becoming a millionaire/rich since you've got nothing to worry or distract you from
    - You're very independent and do not trust many people
    - You don't have to worry about pleasing anyone
    - You know that when someone actually likes you, it's your wealth that they are after
    - Lastly, you probably don't have to deal with heartache and relationship problems, divorce, and other things tying to anything related to relationships

• I've gone through ugly periods in my life and handsome af periods of my life. Honestly I've learned a lot from both and have grown to value both. Being ugly I could go through society unnoticed and I knew that if someone likes me they like me for me. It also taught me not to be shallow and to see beauty in many different forms. Now during handsome periods of my life I received a lot more attention but I never knew if they actually liked me for my quirks and not just because I had a pretty shell. The attention made me more confident and made it possible for me to come out of my shell. It gives me the confidence to travel and take on all obstacles in my way.

They both have pros and cons.

• Being ugly is just as valuable as being poor when it comes to romance. There is nothing worse than being wealthy and handsome / beautiful if you seek true love. If you are ugly and poor, you know you are loved for just being you. Listen to "Poor, Poor, Pittiful Me" by Linda Ronstadt you see what I mean.

• In some ways, yeah. Ugly girls are usually not high maintenance and are happy with you. They cherish you. This song is true...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gk3JbTjArUk

• You learn to be very independent.

• You have a legitimate reason of why you're single.

• May be easier to find true love because only those that really care or matter will show interest and the interest will actually be who you are and not what you look like. Because attractive people have that problem, people only interested in there looks, nothing else.

• If people show interest in you, at least you know it is not for your looks.

• I remember seeing a few episodes of the TV show called "Ugly Betty". In the first one, she didn't get that job. I think there aren't any advantages. But I don't care if girls I'm looking for are ugly or pretty on the outside, but their hearts have to be very beautiful! FYI, Betty wasn't ugly to me. She looked pretty with those glasses she had!

• If someone is attracted to you, you know that it's for who you are as a person.
    You'll probably be funnier and better with your words, because you have to be and can't rely on your looks for anything.

• You don't have to make a decision between multiple people and having the hard job of letting them down. When you don't have someone to go to something with like a party or something, people don't make a big deal about it. Also that you are not expected to be really confident, which can help if you are not but also helps if you really are as it may surprise people. There is just a few in my opinion.

• lol, surely not blamed for being a slut and not having to have fears of sexual harassment

• Nobody is ugly because everyone is attractive to someone.

• 1. Ugly people are appreciated for their personality — Beautiful people never know if people like them for who they are or how they look. I know a number of beautiful women (including my wife) and, to be perfectly honest, I couldn’t tell you if they have pleasant personalities or not. Actually, I couldn’t tell you if they have a personalities at all. I get so caught up in their beauty that my brain can’t comprehend what they are saying when the speak (that’s why my wife thinks I don’t listen to her). If you’re ugly, though, and someone agrees to go out with you, chances are it’s because they like you for who you are. Unless, of course, you’re rich. Then you can be sure they like you because of your money.

2. Ugly people are funnier — Think of all the truly funny people you know. Chances are they are unattractive. That’s because ugly people can’t take themselves too seriously. As my dad used to tell me, “Son, if you can’t laugh at yourself, then you’re obviously not looking in the mirror.”

3. Ugly is cheap and easy — I don’t mean that ugly people are cheap and easy, but that ugliness is low maintenance. When you’re ugly you don’t have to worry about trivialities such as make-up, face lifts, unibrow plucking, or brushing your teeth. Since nothing you do is really going to matter you can just let yourself go. You can acquire a tidy nest egg saving the cash you won’t be spending on toothpaste and tweezers.

4. Ugly people are more successful — Beautiful people have everything handed to them. Ugly people, on the other hand, have to work harder to get what they want. Do you think there would be a Microsoft if Bill Gates looked like George Clooney? Would we have the iPad if Steve Jobs was as handsome as Ryan Gosling? Would we have First Thoughts if I had become a male model? Great innovations, inventions, and blog posts are always produced by some ugly geek who couldn’t get a date and had nothing better to do than improve the world. Our economy is fueled on ugly.

5. Ugly people are the majority — Forget the Democratic and Republican parties. Someday we ugly people will unite and become the biggest voting bloc in the country, we will take over and have all the pretty people be at our beck and call. All we need to do is organize. I figure that we should just meet up and hold our first convention at the state fair since, from the looks of the crowd, we are already congregating there anyway

• Who is to decide if someone is ugly or not because a lot of people think Brad Pitt is good looking but I know people who would say other wise. There is no one person who is good looking to everyone

• None, you just have to brace yourself for a solitary life. Attractive people might get annoyed by attention from the opposite sex, but they have no idea how worse the alternative is.

• Well, for starters, you don't get the superficial types pining after you. More time for your hobbies then, I guess...

It does help with humility to a degree, I suppose.

• Depending on what type of ugly you are, you can scare the shit out of annoying kids :)

• U get da money and buy u bishes

• That people need to love you for your personality instead of your "cute looks" :D

• And the most classic question about your "personality" would be: "what's your job?"

• @CountVronsky maybe but I'd rather look at the attitude of the girl and if I felt a click, look at if we both feel that click spontaneously.
      Not, that we're both doing efforts to create a click and fooling ourselves by making us believe there is one... it must feel natural.

• They don't have to spent time to look good
    That's all I can think of 😅

• None to none. I would never date an ugly person unless they meant the world to me.

• well i dont have to care about nothing because im ugly anyway so... pretty people have always to check out if they are on their best. i just dont mind about that. and when ugly people " go places" nobody can say its because u are pretty.

• More from Guys
    15

What Girls Said 30

• I think nobody is jealous of you and you discover the meaning life a lot quicker than somebody who is attractive.

• You don't have to deal with so many men. Having been someone who has been thin and someone who has been bigger I can tell you that so many men only talk to you because they want to touch you. I have less contempt for the male of the species when they find me less attractive.

• Annoying guys won't approach you as much.

People will focus more on what you have to say instead of staring at your face or body.

People will be more focused on you as a person than just your looks.

• No creeps following them around wherever they go I guess. And people judge them based on their personality, not their looks.

• You may be less likely to be excluded from a group due to the collective jealousy of others, no one really has any motivation to gossip about you, and if you aren't making any sort of spectacle of yourself your life should be blissfully uneventful. It's a freedom a beautiful person could not enjoy.

• 1. You have a nice personality (Sometimes, usually most people are bitter)
    2. If you have a partner, they love you for more than your physical features.
    3. You love other ugly things because you understand their pain.

• dont have to worry about people fucking with me on the streets and stuff. i can sit back and enjoy other guys trippin all over themselves to talk my friends up. people take me seriously when i start fights.

• People take you more seriously I think...

• People like you for your personality. ONLY your personality.

• I know that nobody will ever use me for my looks.
    It means that anyone who likes me actually likes my personality.
    Nobody judges me for being a 'bimbo' or anything similar.
    People leave you alone; especially in public.
    Nobody sits next to you on public transport.
    When you look a tiny bit decent, it blows everybody's minds.
    (( Based on real life experiences lol ))

• you get better jobs with higher pay.
    look to be smarter.
    guys like you for personality not looks.
    can be yourself because of it.

• No guy ever bugs you and you probably see the truth more with people.

• I dont know... may be one day I will but I hope not

• You don't have to worry about guys creepin on you all the time i guess.

• Less chance to get sexually harrassed... probably no more positive sites then that.

When you compare the pros and cons with being attractive or ugly there really is nothing good about being ugly.

• Total peace and solitude.

• well, if they like you it's because of something beyond your looks

uhm... that's about it

• No one bugs ya

• No one asks you why you're still single😂

• you don't have too worry about people using you for sex.. that's a big one

• I guess blending in, unless you're ESPECIALLY ugly

• Battery on my phone lastes more :P

• Eh, I don't know :/

• You never have to worry about being chased around by the opposition/same sex.

• You won't be bothered

• lol i could list a few from personal experience. but people say if you have an ugly woman she will always be loyal. that is bullshit. As a wise man once told me if you as a man like her and could have sex with her regularly, even if she is a troll then there is another man who would who can too...

• Become the immediate side Chick if the girl does not want relationship
    Make a possible living in Hollywood from playing a scary creature or killer
    You won't get harassed or cat called when you are walking down the street
    People won't try to rationalize the reason you commit suicide
    Less likely to get stalked

But then again being ugly is subjective

• People leave me alone so I can do a bunch of stuff without interruptions. It's pretty awesome!

• You can really get to know yourself. This is gonna sound really sappy but you just learn every little detail about yourself. I've spent a lot of time alone and that gave me a lot of time to think about myself, my life, the world, and other people around me. I never had huge circles of friends or guys trying to flirt with me, but I sorta learned so much just by being quiet and observing. I learned about myself and my real personality, my fears, my strengths, and my weaknesses. I know what I can do, and can't do. I know who I really am.

• Not getting cat called or hit on by creeps would be an advantage