Evolution is fact or not?

• Dont ask this again
  • Yes. ─░ts scientific fact.
  • Yes, its probably true.
  • Dont know. its unknown for us.
  • No, its ridiculous
  • Who cares...

Most Helpful Girl

• I do NOT believe in evolution. Yes, I am a Christian. However, I have looked into evolution because I understand that anything is truly possibly. The reason for me not believing in such a thing is because of the way they have explained it... It makes no sense. (Maybe I am only finding horrible sources?) Anyways, almost every article and video I viewed stated the same thing. Apes were around during the prehistoric era and ran out of food. Causing them to feed off of other animals and turn to caniballism as a will to survive and due to this sudden change, apes began evolving. If this was the case, wouldn't it be irrelevent and almost backwards for the vegetarians? Just a thought. Apes didn't evolve due to cannablism. And there will never be any real evidence proving this fact either.

• evolution.berkeley.edu/evolibrary/article/lines_01

Here you go, still no evidence of talking snakes as far as I'm concerned.

• @Surfofthenomad I gave my opinion. Didn't try to steer anyone away from their beliefs. Therefore your comment is irrelevant and unneccesary. I personally do NOT believe in evolution. You go ahead and believe what you will and I shall do the same. Have a wonderful day.

Most Helpful Guy

• A fact is something which can be readily verified in an objective manner. Evolution is a theory which is used to explain a set of facts. Evolution refers to a process which cannot be observed or measured in any way, so it is not a fact, it is a theory.

What Girls Said 6

• It's a scientific fact with tons of scientific data to back it up. Those who deny it are either super ignorant and just haven't educated themselves, or they're trying to hold on to some very outdated beliefs and therefore can't wrap their minds around it.

• It's the THEORY of evolution, but it is backed up by mounds of empirical data. That is why it is often assumed to be fact , plus it seems very logical.

• Evolution is a proven fact, the specifics of how it happens is the "theory of evolution".

But those silly creationist will build museums anyway😆

• Please, Jibbers, not this again.

• Its a fact of life. Watch for the winners and losers.

• I want to bitch slap those who chose 'no, it's ridiculous'.

What Guys Said 9

• s.yimg.com/.../470_2788530.jpg

Evolution is a mystery. . .

• Technically speaking science as a whole is not a fact. Just a bunch of hypotheses' that haven't been proven false thus far which then makes them theories. Evolution is what most likely caused us to be what we are though, yes.

• Pretty much this. Theories are accepted, until something comes along that explains a phenomenon better.

• I would say that evolution is theory you take with a gain of salt. I mean of all things a monkey can evolve into they evolve into something with much poorer surviability. That defies natural selection. Even Darwin said things like to eye are too complex to have come from natural selection.

• It is not fact. It has been a theory for a very long time without a single concrete proof or confirmation. The guy who thought up of this theory , on his deathbed renounced it.

• Keep in mind that a scientific theory is not the same as a general theory.
      A scientific theory is a concept that is backed up by evidence and facts, but has not been definitively proven, and has not been disproven either. Almost everything in science, particularly in physics, is a theory. Gravity is a theory, supported by laws.
      Evolution has a lot of evidence supporting it. We see examples of natural selection in species like the finch, which absolutely supports evolution.

• Evolution is is a combination of facts and theories...

• Scientifically speaking yes.

• For those of you who voted fact, realize that is is just a theory at this point.

Does it have elements that are possibly true or close to the truth? Most likely. Is it ABSOLUTE truth, probably not, just as Newton's model for Gravity was superseded by Einstein's theories. Occam's razor: that explanation is best which is simplest. It is possible it has serious flaws due to lack of data. Remember the Piltdown man? wiki that.

• Depends on which variety of evolution you're talking about.

• Evolution if a fact.

Natural selection, random mutation, , genetic drift, genetic hitchhiking etc. as mechanisms that explain evolution is a (pretty well supported) theory.