How many of you had a miserable time in elementary and/or middle school?

To the point that you're happy where you are now and don't have good memories of your early school year?

I hated elementary school and middle school (well at least 8th grade wasn't that bad)

Main reason: Unfair treatment by most of my classmates (unfortunately in these recent years, I've read that certain students have commited suicide for that reason)

• Yes, I hate those school years... no good memories at all
  • They were whatever years... not good nor bad
  • They were the best school year ever
  • Other
In a way it does sucks that you'll always have those memories, esp if they aren't good. So basically it's like someone does you wrong and expect you to clean their mess and keep that mess of theirs.

Most Helpful Guy

• My experience of middle school was bad enough that my first reaction on hearing of the Columbine school shooting (breaking news) was "Let's hear these guys out, let's not rush to judgement." It's a repugnant way of thinking, but it was my gut reaction in the moment.

I'm the father of a boy in high school now. Yet, I can still remember my tormentors from middle school. I wouldn't piss on any of them if they were on fire. My concern for their humanity died in the 1980's.

• yeah there is nothing funny about making someone's school years miserable (esp during the early puberty years) all for the purpose of their own ''entertainment'' at the cost of lowering someone's self-esteem at that very moment.

The interesting part is in HS, some of my social bullies would act like nothing happened, even ''forgot'' that even happened.

• certain people that were mean to me in Elementary school even requested me on FB, try acting as if we were friend. lol

I'm not upset with them. I actually accepted it but had to get rid of some of them since they were just there online decorations for nothing.

• Thanks for the MHO.

Most Helpful Girl

• I got shit from a lot of girls all through school but I never really cared.

• as far as kids commiting suicide, I think it's sad that they don't have good enough relationships with their parents and or siblings that they could confide in and get help with the situation. the other thing I don't get is why more people don't either transfer their kids, report the school/press charges against the bullies and their parents, and/or switch to home schooling.

What Guys Said 8

• Grades 7 and 8 were probably the worst of my life. Grade 9 it started to get a little bit better. I was bullied and tormented. What was funny, though, was when later in high school the bullies matured and wanted to be friends and act like it never happened.

• I remember Sophomore year in HS this kid who had tormented me in middle school wound up in one of my classes and one of the first sessions of the year we were in the room early with only a couple other people and no teacher yet and he started to badger me. I looked at him, said "SHUT UP ASSHOLE" and he never bothered me again. I was like, wow, wish I had done that three years ago...

• It's the main reason i am the unsocial weirdo i am today. When your classmates don't like you, it happens.

• exactly... how are you suppose to enjoy school (where it's suppose to be a good time to not only learn and get good grades but socialize and become involve in actitivities with your classmates) if they don't like you, make fun of you every single day; basically make you feel unwanted as if you were some type of disease or weird alien.

• I had a great time; I miss recess and going home early. Homework was a breeze.

• Elementary school was the worst out of middle school and high school

• Sixth grade was one of my best years, 7th and 8th probably the worst, although at home and in my neighborhood they were OK.

• I hated middle school. I tried fitting in with a certain group that I didn't fit in with. Then high school came around and i stopped giving a fuck and just started chilling with people i got along with

• Trust me it's very awkward when you the only boy with an 8 inch dick in elementary school

• No good memories really, no.

What Girls Said 8

• I was bullied really badly in grades 3-6. I was left out of a lot of things - girls passed notes about me in class, there was a party everyone in class got invited to but me and invitations were passed out in class, if we ever had to pick partners I was always the odd one out without a partner, I was intentionally locked out of the building by myself by classmates... it really was a mess. It was terrible. I would go home crying almost everyday.

• Sorry to hear that. I can only hope that all bullies (including mine) at some point grow up and learn to have empathy, esp if some of them are by now parents.

As mentioned, what's really awful is we're the one that had to put up with their nonsense of them laughing at the cost of someone else's feelings. A couple of kids that made me a hard time and were mean to me in 6th grade a couple years ago, randomly requested me on FB, acting as if we were long time friends. LOL

• Haha yea sometime during high school one of the meanest girls friended me on facebook I was probably like 16. First I accepted it because I was like "wow she likes me now" but I told my mom and she was like "why would you want her to see anything about your life?" so naturally I deleted her. then she tried again and I declined. then she tried one more time lmao and this was 3 years after she had tried using one of her friends in my middle school (when I switched schools) to contact me and get me to "hang out" with them. I will never understand some people - girls can just be so relentless and terrible.

• I loved elementary school. Middle school was meh. But elementary school was the life haha

• I did, but college was amazing! =)

• Attempted suicide at ages 11 and 15, so those were bad years. The rest ranged from ok to not too bad to somewhat good.

• Most of it I hated. There are very few good memories.

• yeah the only good memories I can think about is getting good grades and being liked a lot by my science teacher but sucks when the bad overrides the good; being mocked every day at school in a way can slow down your social skills later in life

• Yeah, I feel you. My parents put me into a school that I didn't fit in at all. In any way. But they refused to take me out because it's a 'good school'...

• I know exactly how you feel.

• I'm still in school and being bullied and called fat, ugly etc. most of the years soooo... nope. And now you know why I don't feel pretty.

• This girl right heeerrreeee!!! Yeah I hated elementary school... Mostly because I was depressed and pretty sure that next to nobody liked me. I didn't really like myself either. But I'm in high school now and honestly, it's not gotten any better, it's gotten worse in fact.

• Popularity = power
    Manipulation & lies = power
    Teachers = focused on retirement, summers off & more 3-day weekends... quiet & order in classroom... ONLY
    Wild, entitled, abusive kids = parents all about babysitters, camp, other ways to avoid them