If you find someone interesting, does it matter what kind of car they drive?

I own a 2004 Honda Accord. I'm currently in school. I am quite embarrassed if I were to meet a girl and take her out in my car.

I mean don't get me wrong, I take care of my stuff, it's clean, and top of the line, but it's no BMW, Tesla, or Mercedes. (By the way, I am planning on getting a Tesla wayyy down the road 😍)

I love opening the car door for a girl if we were on a date, but I just feel so sad inside.. Like I'm opening a car door for a girl.. It's not an expensive/ moderately good looking car.. It's a dang Honda. Do you see where I'm coming from?

Does the car that I drive ultimately matter to girls?

Guys, have you ever had a problem with this?

• Yes
  • No
  • Other
  • Show me tha answers
I really wasn't expecting these results to favor "No" more than any other category combined. Thank you everyone for not being materialistic :) This makes me so happy 😊

Most Helpful Girl

• It honestly doesn't matter at all to me, as long as it's clean and safe.

Opening the passenger door for your date is such a sweet gesture that would likely make any girl feel happy and special inside. Don't be insecure about your car! If a girl does happen to be turned off by it, then she's materialistic and not worth your time.

What Girls Said 16

• lol i could not give a damn about the car

• I literally don't care.

• Who gives a flying turd what car you drive?

Feck, I'm currently driving a KA because it's cheap as chips and barely costs anything to insure.

Is it clean, takes you from point A to point B and is reliable? If yes, that's all that matters.

• Doesn't matter to me. As long as he's on an ass in love with his huge truck. I live in texas and have a strong hatred for trucks. Trucks are the absolute worst.

• i think if a girl is really interested in a guy she should be interested in him... not in his car

• Mg boyfriend and I have been together for a year and he doesn't even have his license yet. So no, the car doesn't matter =P

• No, it doesn't matter.
    Plus, you're young and still a student. I really wouldn't worry about it :)

If she minds, then, well, she's not the right one for you!

• To me it doesn't matter what car that person drives

• I couldn't give less of a fuck about cars so the answer is NO.

• That's a pretty good car for a college student

• I'd be impressed that he even has a car since I do not have one. I have delayed visual processing from a birth defect and can't drive a vehicle because my reflexes are too slow.

• No, I never thought about the type they would drive too.

• No not at all. No one should care about superficial things like that.

• It doesn't matter just as long as the safety features are up-to-date. Seatbelts airbags the whole nine yards, but the appearance doesn't matter. Well actually I hate the show off-y cars.

• A shitty care sux but it doesn't really matter. It's just you who cares

• why would it matter?

What Guys Said 10

• I do not care what sort of car a girl drives or how old it is. If I love a girl I love her for being her not materialistic things. I personally think anyone that cares about what type of car someone drives is shallow. For example: If she had a 1987 Honda Civic it would be fine. However, if it was giving no end of problems then I would try to convince her to upgrade but that would be the only reason. As for my experience with girls well I can't comment on that because I have never had a girlfriend.

• For most girl they won't care. When i had my cobra my girlfriend liked it but didn't care too much, i had to sell it and have a camaro now. She likes the colour and that is it lol. Most girls won't care so you're ok my friend!!

If you like a girl don't be embarrassed of your ride. My girlfriend has a 1992 honda accord and it's it barely stays running lmao. I spend hours trying to fix it. When i asked her out, her car totally broke down lol, but i didn't date her cause of her car, i dated her because of her :)

• Most girls won't care lol
    2004 accord sounds like a solid good car to me
    I don't have a car
    Imagine my struggle lol!

• For some it will matter yes... but your car works asa good litmus test for each girl you meet. It will tell you right away if the girl is even worth pursuing or not, so i wouldn't really worry about it

• don't date materialistic girls. If she was one, she would have left the moment she saw your car. Not get in your car, let you take her somewhere and wait for you to open the door. You good man.

• Thanks dude! I've only met one girl who I would have the pleasure of opening the door for and she didn't mind. I was just thinking for the future, because I was very paranoid.. These votes steered me wrong though!

• good quote I will forever remember " any woman worth having can not be bought" daredevil

• Wise words. Good man. Lol thanks for the quote dude. I'll remember thqt

• Having a car is just a plus

• Absolutely not. I would always pick a hot chick with a shitty car over a shitty chick with a hot car.

• The vast majority of girls won't care, dude. As long as it's not a filthy shitbox that's falling apart. If a girl does judge you about it, she's likely not worth your time.

• A project that did secret videotaping of a phony car break-down to test the difference in the behavior of unsuspecting people based on gender shows that if a man has a car breakdown, and it's like a Lamborghini, women will stop to help, but if it's an old pile of junk, they won't; they just drive on, giving zero eye contact.

Same videos showed men will stop regardless of what the car is or how old, and independent of the rating of the looks (from 1-10) of the woman who is participating in the phony breakdown video.

Youtube this, they have it there.

• I drive my mom's Subaru (saving constantly to pay for college and grad school) and I will never buy a luxury car. I don't care if the person I am interested in drives a 2016 Maserati or a 1999 Honda.