Why do feminists want equality but then slam men who take part in traditionally feminine activities?

Many women who call for equality often times put men down when they don't act traditionally macho. For example, putting a guy down who owns a small dog, or is into fashion, or cries. This mentality says it's okay to be a guy but shameful to be a woman, which defeats the whole purpose of equality and feminism. Whenever I meet a self-proclaimed feminist I tell them the litmus test for true feminism is if they would be okay going out to dinner/movies etc. with their boyfriend/husband who wanted to wear a dress... equality goes both way feminists!

Most Helpful Guy

• Equality? It's reverse discrimination now. Men are losing their rights to appease these feminist cunts moaning they're being undervalued. Most women I've ever met couldn't organise a rock fight in a quarry. They're petty and simple minded. Vain and arrogant, two faced and thinks the world owes them a living. Women bosses I wouldn't wish on my worst enemy. It's all about prestige and image to them. They swan about as if the whole planets holding their breath waiting for their next move. Men believe in team spirit, a job well done and hard graft. This word is going backwards instead of forwards and everybody's too scared to say it in case they get ousted as sexist

• No, its discrimination. Their is no such thing as "reverse" discrimination. That implies that discrimination originates with a singular group which itself is a discriminatory and prejudice notion.

• @hellionthesage there is such a thing as reverse discrimination. It's just a label for an occurrence. It happens when you over compensate the reverse of an imbalance. You think it's justified because you were the one or group redressing the balance. The world's a ridiculous nightmare now.

• Exactly as I stated, it presupposes that discrimination originated from an original group and your just descriminating back. Hence their beign no such thing, its just discrimination. And as for feminism, their was never an imbalance to begin with (well except for men but thats something that has always existed and most likely always will ie men where the ones to suffer not women) Its very easy to manufacture a "imbalance" when you only focus on the handful of issues. If you refuse to acknowledge the sources of them then of course it will look like an imbalance. For instance women couldn't vote, but we ignore the fact that men couldn't either. They only got the right to vote 70 years before women and that was because they where drafted into wars against there will. Women got the right to vote 70 years later but did they get the subsequent responsiblity that came with it like men did? No. So their was an imbalance and it favored women.

Most Helpful Girl

• Real feminists don't care and work toward activities, fashion, behaviors, etc... to all be gender neutral. Like knitting doesn't need be a "girl thing" or a "guy thing". It should just be a people thing. It's very cool and relaxing so everyone should be able to enjoy it regardless of gender.

What Guys Said 16

• Because feminism is a pile of dysfunctional, utopic thought-processes followed by often mentally instable and toxic women. A disconnect from reality.

• feminist don't want equality. if they did they would have disbanded as a group sixty years ago. feminist fought so women can have more rights then men and currently do.

• And who do you think enforces their rights? Men lol. If all the men in the world decided that's it I've had enough of these clowns. Where would their rights be then. Wouldn't be worth the paper their printed on. It's a fad. Karl pinkerton on the moaning of life hit the nail right on the head. This era is too convenient. We've had the bronze age, stone age etc. This is the pissing about age. People doing futile things for amusement. The people in charge get bored too and stir the hornets nest for entertainment. I'd love to see the feminists of another world war broke out. I'd personally chap their door with a uniform and say your basic training starts tomorrow morning at 5. You'll be on the front line in 11 weeks just like the young men you want to be equal with. You'd see a lot of blubbing feminists on that day

• Our forefathers weren't pigs like women try to make out. They knew something a lot of the limp wristed pricks of this day and age don't. The bible even says man shall not submit to women. The media is systematically emasculating young men. If you were trapped in a fire who would you want to show up to get you out? A bunch of men or a bunch of women? You'd be deep roasted by the time they figured out you were in there

• @bluenose1872 i dominate my women and they seem to like it. i dont treat them like shit but they understand that i make the decisions.

• Feminist are only about women's rights they care less about male rights.

• It is because feminism today isn't about equality at all anymore. It is about being anti men. Claiming an inequality that needs to be resolved is just a vehicle for use in their attacks rather than their actual goal.

• If Feminists were for 'equality' then why don't they ever rally against any issues that afflict men, like suicide rates, unfair bias against men in court cases and men being punished severely more for the same crimes?

• Because feminists are white ignorant self-righteous unenlightened sexists that don't give a shit about other people's problems.. They don't give a shit about black women problems, don't give a shit about latino women problems, all they are interested in is their own reproductive freedom.

• That's a George Carlin bit regurgitated with more bitterness

• Because they're hypocrites

• Because true feminists are hard to come by

That IS a generalization, though, and I think you'll learn fast that SOME people r very rude to u with generalizations. But I DO see what u mean.

• Because feminists are stupid. Just that.

• Feminism has never been about true equality. It's about giving women more rights.

• I think that's a minority

• So do you prefer the traditional Macho man?

• Answer: because feminism has literally nothing to do with equality. Everyone knows that by now. The dictionary definition of feminism has never been accurate, and never will be.

• It's interesting that you're blaming feminists for not being okay with their boyfriends wearing dresses when they go out, when other men are the first to judge men who wear skirts and such. Most non-feminist women wouldn't go out with a guy in a dress either. In fact, the only girl that I know who is okay with that is kind of a feminist.

• Hmm... I've noticed that it's usually men who shame other men for this stuff

• I don't think these are the same women largely.. there is a whole range of feminism... not sure why we have to group everyone in one lump category.

• There is a whole range of feminism? Really? Then find me one and let me question, requestion, and scrutinize everything they say until I'm sure it's true~

What Girls Said 4

• 0|2
    • Lol that shit is so wrong. I don't think I've met anyone like that outside of the Internet. I know they exist, just a minority though.

• Well I am a feminist and I don't have a problem with a man who cries. Bottling up one's feelings is so unhealthy and it causes psychological amnesia because of repressed feelings. A man who cries shows he's only human and capable of emotions and isn't that what all girls want? Someone sensitive and capable of emotions?
    However, this concept as been stemmed from men only who created this as a way of showing they are stronger than women. Patriarchy and misogyny always backfires.

• Wow. I guess I'm not that much into equality as I thought I was cuz I honestly prefer guys to wear pants and jeans and stuff. Back to the kitchen for me. 😂😂😂
    And I'll put down anyone with a small, yappy dog. Malamutes or go home. 😂😂😂

• if you are for equality you would denounce feminism publicly to family and friends. there is no reason feminism should exist in the western world. its worse then being a racist

• @dudeman didn't you read what I just said? I'm not for equality, or small, yappy dogs. Obviously. 😐 come on now.
      And also, I don't think I care enough of the feminist/nonfeminist plight people are having nowadays to publically do anything about it. Sometimes, it seems like this is pretty much an argument for people that have too much time on their hands. Sometimes, I'll purposefully instigate arguments at the university cafe about it but that's probably it. I don't *have* to do anything, this entire feminism thing will drive itself into the ground.
      All I was saying was that I prefer guys to wear pants. I guess if he really wanted to then I can't stop him but it's whatever in the end. And also that I think small dogs are a joke.

• I think you've got the wrong impression then. Most feminists actually do fight also for men's rights. That little boys can play with barbies etc. Not sure where you've got that idea from.

• Probably because feminist have actively campaigned against men in all arenas of life. They are the ones who pushed for the duluth model of domestic violence which states that men are the primary agressors and women the primary victims (despite all evidence/statistics to the contrary) they where the ones who advocated for primary parenting go to mothers in divorce, they pushed for men to pay child support and alimony (ironicly the rare occasion when women are forced to pay they usually don't, its less then 40% of the time while for men its about 70%). They have actively campaigned against any male focused event in Colleges, pushed false statistics of rape and abuse while ignoring male victims etc. They are in fact the most prominent and active proponents of sexism in western society.

• @hellionthesage never heard of that. Where did you hear that? 9gag? Give me some news articles.
      I sort of agree that there are the wrong type of feminists there in America. At least so I've heard of. Weirdly enough I never ever hear things like that here in Europe. Maybe they do exist, but they definitely don't get as much attention in the media as in America. Here feminism is all about equality. I was raised by my dad who's a feminist and also a divorce and children's rights lawyer. Women often get more paid in divorces because it really often is the case that a woman had to throw away her carreer to have children and so earns less money. Other than that they pretty much have to pay the same amount depending on where the child should live with (often the mother as well).

• Well you won't like this first link but its the only one I can find (NOW had it posted on their website but removed it a few years ago due to it looking really bad what with claiming equality then attempting to grant women privledges at the expense of men): www.avoiceformen.com/.../
      As for domestic violence: www.mintpressnews.com/.../
      http://www.batteredmen.com/
      ironshrink.com/.../
      www.yahoo.com/.../...omestic-1284479771263030.html
      This one shows a bias favoring women in criminal courts: www.huffingtonpost.com/.../...r-gap_n_1874742.html
      www.law.umich.edu/.../...r_gender_disparities.aspx
      Here is rape statistics that show men are as likely to be victims as women: http://time.com/3393442/cdc-rape-numbers/
      www.usatoday.com/.../
      It may be true that in the netherlands that feminism has created this divide but that is unlikely. The fact is if you argue against feminism you are either a misogynist and therefore can be dismissed without any verifcation of data or you have (if a woman) internalized misogyny and their fore can be dismissed without any verification of data. If the premise of your ideology is that men where oppressors then you cannot really be for equality since you start from a position of inequality. Especially since it ignores all known facts.