When will fat shaming be okay again?

It's about time, ain't it?

1315

Most Helpful Guy

• I don't think that fat shaming is ok, but I do think that we shouldn't continue saying that it's ok to be fat. We need to stop with the whole "Oh, you're 685 pounds because you eat every time you get bored and never get out of bed because you have your microwave and fridge right next to your nightstand. Well, despite the apparent risk on your health and the fact that you could die in two days, you're beautiful just the way you are and shouldn't change a thing." I know that some can't help being heavy, but that doesn't mean that those who can control it shouldn't.

Most Helpful Girl

• Fat shaming is overall bad. Bad because some people will take it to heart and will have their self esteem drained. Some even resort to suicide.

It's good sometimes (don't get me wrong) but it motivates people to change. They may start exercising and managing their diets. However, extensive dieting may cause anorexia.

It really depends on the person of how they take it.

Sponsored

0/2500

Send It!

What Guys Said 14

• When we start going against skinny shaming. It's like a circle. When one is being shamed, the other one is being supported.

• I have a friend show is stick thin and once at an entire four litre tub of icecream in one sitting. On the other hand my older brothers who are short, but very fit and muscular are under technicality overweight according to BMI. We shouldn't fat or skinny shame because body shape is not a good indicator of health. I feel like we should encourage people who eat more than they should or who are overweight and understand the risks of their behaviour should simply visit the doctor on a more regular basis to see if their are any dramatic changes or illness' they have incurred, in the same way one who is undertaking a fitness regime should also.

• It never should be. The fact you think it is ok shows what a disgusting person you are.

• I remember the days when people concerned themselves with important stuff instead of pointing the finger at unfortunate people. People that persecute have always got something bad to hide themselves. That's why they do it, to take the spotlight from themselves. There's nothing more sickening in this world than materialistic, image obsessed, shallow retards that think they're important somehow or their opinions valued. They're not even people they're things.

• I think it should be lifestyle shaming, personally. How a person looks and how they try to live their life may not always coincide, and so to treat others with disrespect without knowing their story or how they live is not right.

• It's always a good time to make fun of others.

• i ain't personally for fat shamming myself, but that bein said i won't show support for a lifestyle i do not belive in

• It was never ok.

• Very soon. Movies are now starting to show the realism in the bedroom and how nobody's perfect. It's beautiful.

• When will "mind you own business" be okay again?

• It depends, someone can be fat but perfectly healthy. Why Shame them when they're healthy?

• Never. It will never be okay.

• Fat shaming is never good. However, people need to stop glorifying being fat. It's unhealthy and it's bad for your health. That doesn't mean they have to be experiencing extreme health problems today. The longer they hold the weight the more serious the health problems will be.

• Kind of mean to do so I don't think that will ever be ok

• I don't think of it as something mean, but as something to make fat people conscious of their nasty bodies.

• Well some can't do anything about it but others could be just lazy

What Girls Said 12

• Im actually kinda torn on this one.

Making fun of people is always mean and you shouldn't do it, but at the same time, I don't think condoning unhealthiness is good either. I just make it a habit to be gentle and supportive, but honest. People are happier when they're healthy😊

• Fat shaming is and will never be okay. Its not healthy to be overweight but criticising the way someone looks will not only cause them stress\depression and low self-esteem but the person saying all those rude, unacceptable remarks is going to then get told by other people how rude they are being. Do you really think it is okay to comment on someone's weight? I'm not saying you have to support them being obese but shaming them is definitely not the right way to go about this

• "Do you really think it is okay to comment on someone's weight?" - Yea, I do.

• Ahaha I know what you mean they just kinda slip out sometimes lol

• Yea, exactly!

• Shaming people is never okay.. if it would be okay then people would shame you and insult you not because you're ''fat'', but because you're stupid and ignorant.

• I don't know when fat people fat shame themself and make it okay.

• It'll be okay as soon as you stop being dumb aka never

• when will be bitch shaming be okay?

• Fat shaming is never okay. Why would you even ask this?

• What? Why you want to shame people... i think people theese days are way to damn sensative, but also but there's no need to be a bitch either

• No, it isn't. I have met gorgeous, healthy people who are considered overweight.

• body shaming is never okay wether you're fat or skinny. im noticing how the tables have turned and now people are bashing skinny people (real women have curves... curves are for men bones are for dogs..) and thats just as bad and quite hypocrite.
    As a skinny person it makes me feel shitty. So instead of insulting eachother how about we dont say shit and if you wana change something about your body then go do it.

• shaming isn't ok but wanting to promote healthy bodies and not too fat or too skinny is fine. insulting is just unnecessary and counterproductive

• Hell to the no. It's wrong and rude.

• It's also wrong to look like a fucking fat pig.

• If you don't like how people look like then look away.