How do you define intelligence?

Most Helpful Girl

• There are many types of intelligence, such as languages, sience, math, then how you react in certain situations and how you solve daily problems, the ability to see/hear what most people couldn't notice at first glance (art), etc.
    But without realising, everytime I hear "intelligent", I'm thinking of sience, math, and the real side of intelligence at the first time.

Most Helpful Guy

• Intelligence is the ability to assimilate raw data and combine it to determine new information.

However, there are two aspects to that: Experience and smartness. Someone who is very smart may not be that intelligent simply because they don't have the experience. Someone who is not a genius may be intelligent because experience provides lessons to learn in pattern detection. A person who is smart though can become intelligent much faster than someone who is not.

What Girls Said 4

• To be able to take what you learn and apply it, or understand it at a deeper level. To be able to see connections between things. To be able to do more with your mind than just repeat what others have said before. To question things and be curious.

• Having an understanding of what is around you, if you can have a conversation with someone without needing to finish their sentence, if they have common sense... I don't base intelligence on intellectual potential as anyone can read from a book or take a class, if you practise enough you can be good at anything that you want, also being smart doesn't necessarily mean that you are able to apply the knowledge that you have, you may just be like a sponge and be able to remember a lot of data.

• Someone who can think for themselves, regardless of what they were/are taught. Anyone can remember something from a book, that someone else wrote but I value people who can think beyond that.

• There are so many categories. Everyone is intelligent in something but not everything.

What Guys Said 8

• Ability to critically think and solve problems.
    Lightning-quick Memory recall and able to articulate it.

If you can do those 2 things in the business world you're going to be just fine!!

• I define it as shear academic prowess, specifically math and science prowess. There are several different types but, at the risk of sounding like a dick, in the grand scheme of things I don't think there's any type of intelligence more profound or important than scientific intelligence

• Book smart + street smart

• A bit by their IQ

But a lot by their way of thinking, their view on life, and how they handle the good and bad experiences in life

• The difference, between me and @MissNowhere

• Great profound understanding to one's surroundings etc.

• Aptitude, reasoning skills

• The speed in which the brain processes information is formally known as intelligence.