If someone murdered you, would you want them to get the death penalty?

What would be justice to you?

• Yes
  • No
  • It depends on the circumstances ex) if they were drunk or sleep deprived

Most Helpful Guy

• Nope, it wouldn't bring me back and death is the easy way out, best for them to rot in a really tiny jail cell thinking every waking second what they did to me.

Most Helpful Girl

• I'd want them to stay alive so I could haunt them.

What Guys Said 33

• Sure I would want them to get the death penalty. The way I see it is they are a violent natured person and should not be given a chance to return to society and have the opertunity to kill someone else. Murders as far as I see it deserve the same fate that they dealt out.

• Yahhhhh, how else am I suppose to start the war of souls.

I'm seeking revenge from the spirit realm, heaven and hell shall wait with closed gates, while I find and shred the bastard who took my life.

But srs I probably would, unless Like you said it was an accident.

• Accidents are not murder. It asked about murder.

• @SonicDare

Example c is for circumstantial instances! Such as influenced by a drug, intoxicated and such. which is along the lines of an accident or a mistake To me.

and if that was the case I wouldn't want them to die for a mistake. But otherwise yeah death penalty.

• No, negligence (which is what drunk driving is) is not legally an accident, it was caused by an activity that diminished your capacity for being logical, avoiding risks, and being prudent, all of which you created willfully. An accident is when (hypothetically) a roofer has been tossing things off the roof all day, and as he his turning his back to the location where he has been tossing, he holds an object and throws from a 180 degree position (perhaps he needs the momentum - back turned to the are of his target), throws in the air in a semi-circle, and at that exact moment a child runs across the street to the local where the object falls, hitting the child and killing it. Parents did not monitor the child, so no charges; they were committing 'contributory negligence'. In Britain that would constitute 'death by misadventure' (all my reading of Brit detective fiction!). Killing while under duress ('kill that person or we will kill you') is not chargeable at all.

• no I wouldn't really care since I was dead... like seriously if I'm dead I don't care why, how or who. I'm gone I'll leave the problems of the world for those still existing in that world

• Ok, what would you consider justice?

• the justice system. let a court prosecute the case and then they can determine punishment based on the laws of that place

• No, i would want that person to be "mentally recovered" and then oblicated to work and give money to my family to pay food, school and health.

Basically to give something back to society.

• If i could make the choice..(seeing as dead people don't want anything) HELL YEA i'd want that person to get the chair. Come see me, lets have a rematch.

• Lol, the last part :)

• Yea, I meant it in a way that there was nothing you could truly do to save yourself.

• well... yea... i'd like the rematch when they don't have the advantage anymore.

• Death penalty doesn't do anything except make the victims feel better. People only murder for 3 reasons, which could never be deterred by the death penalty.
    1. First-degree, the person is assuming they will get away with the murder and not get caught. So they would never consider the death penalty as a deterrent.
    2. Compulsion: the person kills out of circumstantial emotion, which again they could never think about the penalty of death so they would kill anyway.
    3. Martyr themselves, these people don't care about any penalties because they believe their killing is justified and thus would not care about the death penalty either.

So as a corpse, I wouldn't want the government to murder my murderer.

• Uhhhh Yea.
    I've they're drunk or sleep deprived, then it's just manslaughter anyways. So obviously they don't get the death penalty. But if it's outright murder, then yes I do want them to get the death penalty and they should get the death penalty.

• I honestly think the people who say life in prison to this question are only sticking to it solely because of political reasons. If we try to break it down by what's right, then how is putting someone in prison for life any less bad than just giving them the death penalty? Great, now we all get to pay for a roof over his head and food in his stomach. He'll be bored tho!
      Well actually, you can workout in prison and if you behave you get to do more. There are prisoners that earn their degree from inside.
      Recently there was a debate team of prisoners that beat the debate team for a major university. I think it was Harvard, but don't quote me.

How awful. He gets to go to jail and turn his life around. And all he had to do was murder you... Well lucky him. Will probably get out at a relatively young age, because life in prison doesn't necessarily mean life in prison. And if he's young enough he could be out in his 40's. Start a business like a few ex-cons have in the past.

• I can respect that. It's best to be that way when trying to gather honest opinions, without muddying the conversation territory.

• Yea, I'm surprised and thankful things haven't gotten as heated as I feared.

• Yes and No, I'd want to be able to haunt them forever as a ghost and see how long they hold out

• Yes, murdered in the exact same circumstance. If it was an accident I would forgive them, but an intentional murder fuck no, he needs to die. No regimen of happy pills or counseling is what I consider justice. I believe in true justice, eye for an eye, and a tooth for a tooth.

• Biblical barbaric justice isn't true justice. It's just an emotional reaction.

• I'm not the one who committed murder. Sorry, but I don't believe in rewarding violence. Violence deserves violence, retaliation is a must. Do you think they should go to prison and get free healthcare, a warm shelter, high school diploma, college degrees, and reintegrated back into society? Where would be his victims reintegration? We are not talking about someone who stole clothes from target, or a depressed person with a drug addiction. We're talking about someone who murders and tortures people. I have no mercy for someone like that.

• Firing squad, please. Make it quick. Suffering is not desired nor required.

• Depends

Probably not, it would take great amount of ascension to understand human nature and not want to punish the weaker for their actions. If you ascend yourself to being a great master your soul would be in peace and the life of a human being would not bring further satisfaction... but looking at it merly as a human, a big yes

• If it was possible for me to choose that after death, then yes I would.

But if I was able to become a ghost after death then leave the murderer to me and I will haunt him/her for the rest of his/her life.

• If I was murdered I'd be dead, not able to want anything. :D

• Hell no. An eye for an eye leaves the world blind.

• Definitely yes!

• I would, but they would need to suffer the same death but worse. For example if my murderer stabbed me 20 times , then he would need to get 40 times because I didn't want to die.

• If I was dead, I wouldn't want anything because I wouldn't be experiencing anything.

• Thinking in the present, what would you consider justice?

• Well, if it's genuine murder, then, yes, execution is in order. More than for justice's sake, but on evolutionary grounds. Such an individual who'd commit murder should not be allowed to contribute further to the gene pool or otherwise adversely influence other persons. Also, the execution for murder is a reminder to any would-be murderers to not do that because this is what happens afterward. Despair. com explains it best:

cdn.shopify.com/.../...akesdemotivator_grande.jpeg

• Honestly if somebody killed me I think I would want them thanked. It gets me out of the moral dilema of wanting to die, but believing suicide will send me to hell.

• I'd hope that they spend the rest of their life in prison.

• Naa. They can go rot in prison

• Either death or life in prison... I say life in prison is a more cruel punishment!

• no. they should rot forever in jail and think about what they've done. x_x
    it's a bigger punishment in my opinion

• I wouldn't care because I would be dead:P

• I swear, you people answering like this are just difficult for no reason. *sigh*
      I'm gonna get my rat to beat you up with her rat gang.

• Sorry logic gets in the way:P
      I would say sure for my family to rest easy at night, but if i deserved it then nah spare him/her.
      Ohhh yeah:) i remember that! What a masterpiece I made!

• kjshfjkdsh it's not logic, people knew what I meant. You difficult people!
      roberthood.net/.../rat-attack.jpg

• I'm dead, that call isn't mine to make

• Hell yea. I'm selfish.

• i would want them to get life in prison without parole so tyrone and jamal can fuck them in the ass everyday for the rest of that assholes miserable life... make him suffer slowly.

• yes i would, so i could kick their ass in the afterlife

• I would be dead so I wouldn't care 😂😂😂😂

• I wouldn't care actually

• You wouldn't care what happens to a person if they say, stab you 10 times and leave you to die?
      You're very docile.

• No. Death penalties don't work. They should get a life sentence if it was intentional, though.

• Be too dead to care

• More from Guys
    3

What Girls Said 17

• nope.. I would want them to live.. and their legs should be cut. and they should be made to sit in the electric chair.. every week.. and they should be given broccoli for lunch and dinner.. every day..
    and they can never watch tv.. yeah.. no big bang theory.. or any other show.. they die a slow death,.. hehehe

• I'd want them to stay alive so I could haunt them and make them die a slow death. Feed them what they hate most and force them to do something they hate doing most. Let them suffer. It's hella way better than a death penalty in my opinion.

• I'd lay dead and let the karma do its thing because karma is a bitch and knows better than me.

• I would wish it on someone who murders my dog

• No! Because that puts you at their level, which is low ofc :)

• I would want him suffer badly.. if he killed me in cold blood. I would like to see him suffer and his whole family and I hope he dies in a very bad way. like burn in acid or ripped apart. ( I'm not a savage person)

• Depends... if it's a person who just walks around killing people like a serial killer or something then I don't think I'd want anything less than jail for life for him.

If the person meant to kill me (personal) and it's because of something I did, then anything less than jail for life would be enough.

• Yes, but it's by accident then they can just rot in prison.

• I would be dead so i would not care. İ just would leave this to courts.

• I'd want them dead just so I can kick their ass in the afterlife.

• i would haunt them so no

• I'd like them to rot in jail instead.

• No, I wouldn't want them to get the death penalty. I would rather they be skinned alive and tortured for the rest of their lives. DP is the easy way out.

• If someone murdered me, I wouldn't want pretty much anything lol

• prison for life. Them living with what they had done would be enough for me.

I am not about deciding to kill another human being and also living like that would be punishment enough.

• Nope.

Filler

• No, I just want them jailed.

• No I would want them to rot in a very bad prison for the rest of their lives. Death penalty or a normal prison is too easy.